Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

Re:Where will you watch the NFC Championship game?

AsylumGuido wrote:
    tesser wrote:
    Now that the game location is known, where will you be for the game against New Orleans?

I will be in New Orleans on a trip planned weeks ago. Silly me, I wasn't even thinking of the possibility of the game. I don't think I can afford tix, even if my travelmate allowed me to go. Anyone from New Orleans here? Where could I safely watch the game in New Orleans? My travelmate and I are both women.

SKOL VIKINGS!
    tesser,

You can honestly safely watch the game anywhere in New Orleans. Bourbon Street would probably be the most fun for you. I will guarantee every set in the city will have the game on. I will also guarantee that you will be welcomed anywhere, win or lose. All of the Cards fans that came down for the game this week said they were surprised, or even shocked, at how friendly the Saints fans were before, during and after the game.
    They're bandwagon pro fans there, so you may be safer than you'd imagine. Just don't wear anything Alabama or Florida around there, and you'll be fine.... they're not as nice to opposing college fans

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

AsylumGuido wrote:
    tesser wrote:
    Now that the game location is known, where will you be for the game against New Orleans?

I will be in New Orleans on a trip planned weeks ago. Silly me, I wasn't even thinking of the possibility of the game. I don't think I can afford tix, even if my travelmate allowed me to go. Anyone from New Orleans here? Where could I safely watch the game in New Orleans? My travelmate and I are both women.

SKOL VIKINGS!
    tesser,

You can honestly safely watch the game anywhere in New Orleans. Bourbon Street would probably be the most fun for you. I will guarantee every set in the city will have the game on. I will also guarantee that you will be welcomed anywhere, win or lose. All of the Cards fans that came down for the game this week said they were surprised, or even shocked, at how friendly the Saints fans were before, during and after the game.
    Saints fans as a group are awesome, fun to party with. You'll have a great time. They are nothing like the pathetic pie fans.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

With my TIVO, instant replay, slow motion, and watching the game again today. What I've seen so far that I didn't see or appreciate is lots of no calls by the refs and Favre having great pocket presence against a good rush.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

tesser is offline Waterboy

Prophet wrote:
    AsylumGuido wrote:
    tesser wrote:

SKOL VIKINGS!
    tesser,

Saints fans as a group are awesome, fun to party with. You'll have a great time. They are nothing like the pathetic pie fans.
    Awwww, That sounds awesome folks! Do you have a bar to recommend? Pat O'Brien's? A sports bar? I have been to NOLA before, but that was way back in 1992. I'm thinking my purple and gold would look good with Mardi Gras season gearing up! Do I need some green with that?
    None

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Hopefully on an HD TV.

AsylumGuido is offline Rookie

tesser wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    AsylumGuido wrote:
    tesser wrote:

SKOL VIKINGS!
    tesser,

Awwww, That sounds awesome folks! Do you have a bar to recommend? Pat O'Brien's? A sports bar? I have been to NOLA before, but that was way back in 1992. I'm thinking my purple and gold would look good with Mardi Gras season gearing up! Do I need some green with that?
    I would suggest just walking down Bourbon checking out spots until you find one you like. Most everything is geared to the game when on. Oh, and simply pick up a purple, gold and green boa in a shop. That'll give you good color.
    Saints Fan Since 1967

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

marstc09 wrote:
    Hopefully on an HD TV.
    If we make it to the Superbowl, I may have to break my rule and put my HD Projector up.

(I had to make a promise to myself that I would not install it until my dissertation was completed and I was Dr. Thor)

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

Jack Son's Bar in Richland, WA with my Purple Faithful bros and sisters. SKOL Vikings!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Welcome to the site my newest purple and gold friend.

Post well and often.

As for me, alas, I will miss at least the first quarter as I am still stuck in the comm closet. Don't get off shift until 08:00 PM EST.

I will quickly sprint for my truck and my Sirius radio and listen in on my way home. Hopefully I will find out that we are up atleast 10 points or so going into the second quarter.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Catalog is offline Waterboy

I live on a college campus, so tomorrow around 11:00 or so, I'm going to go eat, then probably just head to my dorm's lounge, do some homework until CBS's pregame show starts, then its a whole day of football. Sure, I'll feel the need to get food at some point, but Vikings are more important than eating.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast