Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 72
  1. #21
    ThorSPL's Avatar
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    3,422

    Re: Where will Williamson play next season?

    "singersp" wrote:

    Here's his 2006 salary;

    2006 / Minnesota Vikings



    Player








    Base Salary
    Sign Bonus
    Other Bonus
    Total Salary
    Cap Value
    Position




    Williamson, Troy
    $ 350,000



    $ 0




    $9,260,000
    $ 9,610,000
    $ 2,202,000
    WR

    Do you think he actually achieved 9 million in bonuses?
    With that season, I'd go out on a limb and say no.... perhaps what he earned was his cap value number (I'm no expert in this type of stuff)...

    There is no way we paid him almost 10 mil last year...


    Trust me, I'm a doctor.

    www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

  2. #22
    Rambro's Avatar
    Rambro is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    128

    Re: Where will Williamson play next season?

    Hell no he is not getting cut after this season.
    Especially not after that game check crap happened and that public outcry came.

  3. #23
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Where will Williamson play next season?

    Very interesting question my friend.
    I guess I would have to say that we keep him.
    Salary doesn't appear to be very much of a hit so I don't see an issue there.

    As with all our Recievers, thier averages will be down if for no other reason than the fact that we don't throw as much as some want us to do, and then throw in the fact that our starting QB (veritable rookie) can't stay on the field causing us to have a revolving door at QB.

    Pretty hard for any set of Recievers to put up huge stats.
    With that said, he is ranked number 11 (avg yards) and his 60 yarder has him ranked tied for 16th when you look at the NFL stat page.

    Rank



    Player



    Team Pos Rec Yds
    Avg
    Yds/G
    Long TD 20+ 40+ 1st 1st% FUM


    5

    Troy Williamson
    MIN
    WR

    9
    159
    17.7
    22.7

    60T

    1

    2


    1


    6
    66.7

    0


    Of the 6 3rd year WR's in the NFC he is ranked 5th behind

    1 Roddy White
    ATL
    WR
    42


    2 Reggie Brown
    PHI
    WR
    30


    3 D.J. Hackett
    SEA
    WR
    15


    4 Rashied Davis
    CHI
    WR
    12


    5 Troy Williamson
    MIN
    WR
    9


    6 Mark Bradley
    CHI
    WR
    2


    Long story short.
    He is in his second year in this system, although there isn't alot of proof to back this up, he does seems to be catching the ball better.
    Keep him another year, see what he can do if TJ can stay healthy/improve - with our new QB.

    (Key Note: If someone like Fitz lands in our lap and we need a roster spot, he/Ferggy are number one candidates to get shitcanned to open the roster spot.

    ;D)

    http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...1&d-447263-p=1


    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #24
    davike's Avatar
    davike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,750

    Re: Where will Williamson play next season?

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Very interesting question my friend.
    I guess I would have to say that we keep him.
    Salary doesn't appear to be very much of a hit so I don't see an issue there.

    As with all our Recievers, thier averages will be down if for no other reason than the fact that we don't throw as much as some want us to do, and then throw in the fact that our starting QB (veritable rookie) can't stay on the field causing us to have a revolving door at QB.

    Pretty hard for any set of Recievers to put up huge stats.
    With that said, he is ranked number 11 (avg yards) and his 60 yarder has him ranked tied for 16th when you look at the NFL stat page.

    Rank



    Player



    Team Pos Rec Yds
    Avg
    Yds/G
    Long TD 20+ 40+ 1st 1st% FUM


    5

    Troy Williamson
    MIN
    WR

    9
    159
    17.7
    22.7

    60T

    1

    2


    1


    6
    66.7

    0


    Of the 6 3rd year WR's in the NFC he is ranked 5th behind

    1 Roddy White
    ATL
    WR
    42


    2 Reggie Brown
    PHI
    WR
    30


    3 D.J. Hackett
    SEA
    WR
    15


    4 Rashied Davis
    CHI
    WR
    12


    5 Troy Williamson
    MIN
    WR
    9


    6 Mark Bradley
    CHI
    WR
    2


    Long story short.
    He is in his second year in this system, although there isn't alot of proof to back this up, he does seems to be catching the ball better.
    Keep him another year, see what he can do if TJ can stay healthy/improve - with our new QB.

    (Key Note: If someone like Fitz lands in our lap and we need a roster spot, he/Ferggy are number one candidates to get shitcanned to open the roster spot.

    ;D)

    http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...1&d-447263-p=1


    Good post Marrdro.

    Would it make any sense to get rid of him ??? He seems to have gotten rid of his bad habit of dropping the ball....now we can work on some great habits. He has caught everything thrown at his so far and has made some great catches. I would love to see more WR sets of Williamson and Rice out wide and Wade in the slot. And make them make plays!! Rices TD catch verse KC? He wasn't really open! But they threw it up there and he made a play, he has the ability not give him opportunities....I think the same with TWill.

    Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

  5. #25
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,528

    Re: Where will Williamson play next season?

    Canada
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  6. #26
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Where will Williamson play next season?

    "davike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Very interesting question my friend.
    I guess I would have to say that we keep him.
    Salary doesn't appear to be very much of a hit so I don't see an issue there.

    As with all our Recievers, thier averages will be down if for no other reason than the fact that we don't throw as much as some want us to do, and then throw in the fact that our starting QB (veritable rookie) can't stay on the field causing us to have a revolving door at QB.

    Pretty hard for any set of Recievers to put up huge stats.
    With that said, he is ranked number 11 (avg yards) and his 60 yarder has him ranked tied for 16th when you look at the NFL stat page.

    Rank



    Player



    Team Pos Rec Yds
    Avg
    Yds/G
    Long TD 20+ 40+ 1st 1st% FUM


    5

    Troy Williamson
    MIN
    WR

    9
    159
    17.7
    22.7

    60T

    1

    2


    1


    6
    66.7

    0


    Of the 6 3rd year WR's in the NFC he is ranked 5th behind

    1 Roddy White
    ATL
    WR
    42


    2 Reggie Brown
    PHI
    WR
    30


    3 D.J. Hackett
    SEA
    WR
    15


    4 Rashied Davis
    CHI
    WR
    12


    5 Troy Williamson
    MIN
    WR
    9


    6 Mark Bradley
    CHI
    WR
    2


    Long story short.
    He is in his second year in this system, although there isn't alot of proof to back this up, he does seems to be catching the ball better.
    Keep him another year, see what he can do if TJ can stay healthy/improve - with our new QB.

    (Key Note: If someone like Fitz lands in our lap and we need a roster spot, he/Ferggy are number one candidates to get shitcanned to open the roster spot.

    ;D)

    http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...1&d-447263-p=1


    Good post Marrdro.

    Would it make any sense to get rid of him ??? He seems to have gotten rid of his bad habit of dropping the ball....now we can work on some great habits. He has caught everything thrown at his so far and has made some great catches. I would love to see more WR sets of Williamson and Rice out wide and Wade in the slot. And make them make plays!! Rices TD catch verse KC? He wasn't really open! But they threw it up there and he made a play, he has the ability not give him opportunities....I think the same with TWill.
    Thanks my friend.
    I am still not sold the eye issue is solved, however, ......
    Ever the optimist.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #27
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Where will Williamson play next season?

    "davike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Very interesting question my friend.
    I guess I would have to say that we keep him.
    Salary doesn't appear to be very much of a hit so I don't see an issue there.

    As with all our Recievers, thier averages will be down if for no other reason than the fact that we don't throw as much as some want us to do, and then throw in the fact that our starting QB (veritable rookie) can't stay on the field causing us to have a revolving door at QB.

    Pretty hard for any set of Recievers to put up huge stats.
    With that said, he is ranked number 11 (avg yards) and his 60 yarder has him ranked tied for 16th when you look at the NFL stat page.

    Rank



    Player


    Team Pos Rec Yds
    Avg
    Yds/G
    Long TD 20+ 40+ 1st 1st% FUM

    5

    Troy Williamson
    MIN
    WR

    9
    159
    17.7
    22.7
    60T
    1
    2

    1

    6
    66.7

    0


    Of the 6 3rd year WR's in the NFC he is ranked 5th behind

    1 Roddy White
    ATL
    WR
    42

    2 Reggie Brown
    PHI
    WR
    30

    3 D.J. Hackett
    SEA
    WR
    15


    4 Rashied Davis
    CHI
    WR
    12

    5 Troy Williamson
    MIN
    WR
    9


    6 Mark Bradley
    CHI
    WR
    2


    Long story short.
    He is in his second year in this system, although there isn't alot of proof to back this up, he does seems to be catching the ball better.
    Keep him another year, see what he can do if TJ can stay healthy/improve - with our new QB.

    (Key Note: If someone like Fitz lands in our lap and we need a roster spot, he/Ferggy are number one candidates to get shitcanned to open the roster spot.
    ;D)

    http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...1&d-447263-p=1


    Good post Marrdro.

    Would it make any sense to get rid of him ??? He seems to have gotten rid of his bad habit of dropping the ball....now we can work on some great habits. He has caught everything thrown at his so far and has made some great catches. I would love to see more WR sets of Williamson and Rice out wide and Wade in the slot. And make them make plays!! Rices TD catch verse KC? He wasn't really open! But they threw it up there and he made a play, he has the ability not give him opportunities....I think the same with TWill.
    I would be surprised to see Williamson get cut in the offseason.
    If he goes anywhere it would be in a trade.
    The fact is, despite his crappy first two years, he has been playing decently this year.
    His drops are WAY down.
    Now he just needs to learn how to create separation.
    He has the speed (and you can't coach speed).
    Seriously, I don't ever see him developing into a number 1 WER, but he has the potential to be a very solid #2.
    Keep him or trade him, I am OK either way.
    But he won't get cut.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #28
    Boyum is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    41

    Re: Where will Williamson play next season?

    "Caine" wrote:
    After three years, former 1st round pick (7th overall) Troy Williamson would be considered by many (including me) as being a bust.
    Last season he had a horrible case of the "dropsies", and despite having the Nike people check his eyes he has failed to establish himself as a legitimate receiving threat on a Viking roster very shallow at that position.
    His most frequent appearances now appear to be kick returns - which are less than stellar.

    So, considering how much we're doling out for this lack of performance, how likely are the Vikes to cut him loose after this season?
    Or, will they stay with him another year?
    What do YOU think?

    Caine
    TW is walking proof that NFL talent evaluators have forgotten how to evaluate players outside of blazing speed.
    I've never seen his perceived "great speed" on display, EVER!
    Has anyone ever seen this great speed?


    Not only is TW a bust, he is a disaster for the Vikings.
    Blowing a #7 pick is a very bad thing.

  9. #29
    Suick's Avatar
    Suick is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    415

    Re: Where will Williamson play next season?

    Let's face it, with our QB situation, it's hard to make the pro bowl as a Viking reciever. Keep him. I think Rice will be a stud and Twill will benefit.
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em.

  10. #30
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,281

    Re: Where will Williamson play next season?

    canada

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Pat Williams will play next season
    By skum in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-19-2010, 04:08 PM
  2. Williamson doesn't play in scrimmage
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 10:33 PM
  3. What was the play of the season
    By skum in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-16-2007, 05:26 AM
  4. 1st TD Regular Season Moss vs. Williamson
    By ShanePurpleBlood in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-29-2005, 11:04 PM
  5. Williamson to play Friday
    By Deadly_Diabetic in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 08-19-2005, 01:44 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •