Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Where we stand, week 13

"vikesfargo" wrote:
    A championship team needs more than one #1 statistical leader. Right now our only #1 is Adrian Peterson's rushing the ball.

Rushing defense can be tightened up, and passing defense should be improvable to the top ten. We need a better turnover differential. Special teams return and coverage units need to keep improving. The passing attack of course is where the biggest room for improvement is.
    no, they don't

the 2005 steelers did not lead the league in a single category.

vikesfargo is offline Asst. Coach

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "vikesfargo" wrote:
    A championship team needs more than one #1 statistical leader. Right now our only #1 is Adrian Peterson's rushing the ball.

Rushing defense can be tightened up, and passing defense should be improvable to the top ten. We need a better turnover differential. Special teams return and coverage units need to keep improving. The passing attack of course is where the biggest room for improvement is.
    no, they don't

OK, thanks. I stand corrected.

I guess I should have said, "I'd feel better about our chances of winning it all if we had more than one #1 statistical leader, preferably several of them."

Go Vikings!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"vikesfargo" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "vikesfargo" wrote:

no, they don't

OK, thanks. I stand corrected.

I guess I should have said, "I'd feel better about our chances of winning it all if we had more than one #1 statistical leader, preferably several of them."
    very few teams do though...
    without looking up the stats, i can probably tell you the giants last year didn't have a single one.
    The Colts had Peyton Manning and their #1 offense, but after that I don't think they had another #1.
    I already explained the steelers, I don't think the pats ever had a #1 in their superbowl teams. (the only time they did, with moss and brady they lost) I don't think the bucs did, if they did it was on defense.
    The ravens were #1 defense, and probably had a couple of players at #1 (ray lewis-tackles, mcalister/reed-int's) but i'm not 100% sure.
    Its just more important the team as a whole plays at a high level then one or two players.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12