Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where are our linebackers?

Is it just me or is Greenway not making big plays in the backfield. He seems to get burned on pass plays as does E.J.

What is the deal? We have one of the best linebackers in history coaching them and they look mediocre at best.

It is amazing to me how many holes there are to fill on this team. What the heck are the people in the FO doing? We have zero depth at so many positions and our mediocrity is glaring.

I am tired of washed up QB's , over-payed receivers with no production, terrible O-line play, and a coaching staff year after year that is questionable at best.

I am tired of seeing great coaches getting passed over by the FO and x and o dorks and no talents getting the job.

I am tired of having 10 quarterbacks in 10 years.

I am sick to my eyeballs.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Gift is offline Coordinator
    Our linebackers are overrated, greenway is above average (payed like a star), EJ is an average starter & Erin has no business as a starter. Why they let leber go made no sense.
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

Funny and creative sig Gift.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    A big part of the problem(Just like the secondary) is that they are playing in the T2 defense, which is reliant on having above average speed in the LB and secondary and our LB's and secondary both have below average speed.

The zones in the T2 get smaller with faster players and larger with slower players and right now we are seeing zones that you can drive a truck through sideways.

And those problems have zero to do with the d-line. When the offense keeps 7-8 guys in to block then the dline is not going to get pressure but the secondary should be able to smother every WR on the field. Last night that did not happen and we paid the price.

Gift is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by battleaxe4cheese View Post
    Funny and creative sig Gift.
    thanks, credit goes to 12purplepride28.
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by battleaxe4cheese View Post
    It is amazing to me how many holes there are to fill on this team. What the heck are the people in the FO doing? We have zero depth at so many positions and our mediocrity is glaring.

I am tired of washed up QB's , over-payed receivers with no production, terrible O-line play, and a coaching staff year after year that is questionable at best.

I am tired of seeing great coaches getting passed over by the FO and x and o dorks and no talents getting the job.

I am tired of having 10 quarterbacks in 10 years.

I am sick to my eyeballs.
    Depressed? This helps me out

RealRamsFans.com :: Index
    El underdog.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Yep, $10 million a year for an above average LB who can't cover a bed with a sheet.. Pathetic... I have no idea why they gave him all that money.. he nor EJ have never been able to cover anybody in coverage. the D-Line has the most talent on the team by far..

Btw, Leber needed to go, they just shoulda replaced him wtih a competent back-up!.. the raiders just got Aaron Curry for a 7th round pick and a bag of marbles... Spielman needs to go!! along wtih Leslie....

We could of drafted Ray Lewis and we did not. That would of been real nice for our linebacker corps.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    A big part of the problem(Just like the secondary) is that they are playing in the T2 defense, which is reliant on having above average speed in the LB and secondary and our LB's and secondary both have below average speed.

The zones in the T2 get smaller with faster players and larger with slower players and right now we are seeing zones that you can drive a truck through sideways.

And those problems have zero to do with the d-line. When the offense keeps 7-8 guys in to block then the dline is not going to get pressure but the secondary should be able to smother every WR on the field. Last night that did not happen and we paid the price.
    Yup, and if you watched last night, where did Cutler make most of his completions? Right down the stinking middle where we are always looking like the keystone cops. EJ doesn't have the range and the safeties don't have the speed nor the instincts.

You keep a corner on a legit receiver and let him go deep, the receiver wins that battle 2 times out of 3. That completion by Hester in the endzone off a 50 yard bomb by Cutler was more on Abdullah than Griffin and exemplifies a play that we hardly ever defend. Griffin was beat on the play, as he will be in most cases on a receiver that fast for that long. However, that's no excuse for Abdullah being off by 10 yards on his angle to the ball, we have suffered from poor safety play for a long time on this team.

Give a QB time and they will beat us all day long, even if they just send 2 receivers out.

As ConnecticutVike pointed out in the game thread, the Bears drew up a nice blueprint against us. Sell out against our 2 strengths (pass rush and rushing game) and watch how bad our weaknesses really are.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Yeah that TD to Hester as far as I can tell was on the safety and not the CB. It looks to me on that play that the CB would have kept the underneath coverage and the S should have been over the top. Then again none of our play in the secondary has been over the top so to say for years.

If we are going to stick with the T2 we need to get some SPEED from the back 7 or it is going to continue to be a porous defense. The front 4 cannot get it done all by themselves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast