Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Where are the Minnesota Vikings

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1096389
    Anyone catch Sapp and Balding talking about this last night on NFLN?

Couple of things that came out:........

a. Why are the Vets beeeeyyyyatching that there are to many events going on in the normal year, but now that we have a lockout they are organizing team activities.

Makes one wonder doesn't it? :huh:

b. Sapp was asked how effective these workouts are going to be. He said they are better than nothing but "No one is gonna work hard enough that they might pull a hammie".

In short, they aren't working anywere near as hard as they would if there was a Coach(es) on the field pushing them.

c. Practice is all about Timing, Tempo and Technique. These things, according to the discussion, don't get anywere near what they need to get to get game ready.
    THat's probably all correct. I'd imagine the pointo f these workouts is to get everyone together and do SOMETHING football related. run some routes, catch some balls, run a few plays, just get back together and working together. Get the chemistry and eerything back.

THta's why it still baffles me that the Vikings have done nothing. New coaches, new scheme, new QB, they need to do SOMETHING.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1096390

a. Why are the Vets beeeeyyyyatching that there are to many events going on in the normal year, but now that we have a lockout they are organizing team activities.

b. Sapp was asked how effective these workouts are going to be. He said they are better than nothing but "No one is gonna work hard enough that they might pull a hammie".

In short, they aren't working anywere near as hard as they would if there was a Coach(es) on the field pushing them.

c. Practice is all about Timing, Tempo and Technique. These things, according to the discussion, don't get anywere near what they need to get to get game ready.
    THat's probably all correct. I'd imagine the pointo f these workouts is to get everyone together and do SOMETHING football related. run some routes, catch some balls, run a few plays, just get back together and working together. Get the chemistry and eerything back.

THta's why it still baffles me that the Vikings have done nothing. New coaches, new scheme, new QB, they need to do SOMETHING.
    My guess.......

Rice - No long term contract. Doesn't want to risk injury.
    Chad - No long term contract. Doesn't want to risk injury.
    AD - No long term contract. Doesn't want to risk injury.
    etc etc ect
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

The Vikings aren't practicing/working out together prior to preseason?

I guess they learned something from Favre after all.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

b_sandhar_29 is offline Starter

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81fc7f4f/article/orton-among-15-broncos-participating-in-dawkinsled-workouts?module=HP_headlines

The broncos are getting practices together led by BRIAN DAWKINS (not a QB).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81fc820c/article/campbell-says-he-seymour-are-organizing-raiders-workouts?module=HP_headlines

Raiders beginning to practice.

This one is nice to see from Peterson's individual effort

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81fc83ed/article/vikings-peterson-joins-vy-others-for-houstonarea-workouts?module=HP_headlines

Thing that bugs me the most is he's practicing with FA Vince Young... WHERE ARE THE MINNESOTA VIKINGS?

I wish I could find an older link unless I already posted it, but Arizona Cardinals are practicing and the workouts are held by Fitzgerald. They also have McNabb throwing with them.
    None

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

easy. we have no leader.

We have no vet QB, rookie qb won't do crap.

Peterson is not a leader. He leads by example, but he's not a vocal leader/captain of the team. KW or EJ or someone needs to step up.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

a. They are not going to do more than normal OTA, they will do less, and only as there schedule permits.

b.I don't think much of anything will get accomplished other than a little chemistry and team building. I think the effect will be minimal.

c. Same as B.

Hopefully our guys are staying in shape. I'm not too worried about them not working out together. Plus they are not being paid so they shouldn't feel obligated.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1097199

a. They are not going to do more than normal OTA, they will do less, and only as there schedule permits.

b.I don't think much of anything will get accomplished other than a little chemistry and team building. I think the effect will be minimal.

c. Same as B.

Hopefully our guys are staying in shape. I'm not too worried about them not working out together. Plus they are not being paid so they shouldn't feel obligated.
    When was the last time I told you that you were wise beyond your years?

Top shelf, as always my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12