Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    b_sandhar_29 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    176

    Where are the Minnesota Vikings

    I have heard numerous stories of players who are getting a vast amount of players to attend these practices and "OTAs" I guess you can call them. But I haven't heard one thing about the Vikings except McKinnie is with Serena in Miami and so is Shaincoe. I understand these players all probably have personal workouts that they do, but shouldn't we be practicing as a team?

    As Marr pointed out, sometimes the best coach is actually the players who play the game. Players like Winfield, Hutch, K Will, and these proven veterans have to get this team together and take command of this team. Kind of makes us wonder who the leader of this team is... Adrian sure he's our best player but I don't know about being a true leader, well not yet at least.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81fab1fe/article/romo-says-cowboys-secret-workout-draws-about-40-players?module=HP_headlines

    Cowgirls gettin to work.

    http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/05/drew-brees-paying-for-saints-players-workouts-/1

    Brees is definitely trying to get back to the superbowl pretty soon. Not to mention that team has gotten even better this offseason.

    http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/ronde-barber-says-tampa-bay-bucs-have-lockout-leaders/1157330

    Josh Freeman, young man keeping everything together in Tampa.

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/21/vikings-plan-lockout-practices/

    That was under the rumor mill at profootballtalk.com before the lockout began (March 4). But ever since I haven't heard anything else. I'm hoping someone can send me some sort of link or prove me wrong on this.

    I could find plenty of these kind of articles if I wanted to from at least 10 teams in the league. I've heard a couple things about Joe Webb arranging practices or getting teammates to get together and grasping some new concepts on Musgrave's scheme. But since then, I haven't heard much activity from our players on how they're getting better as a team. I don't doubt that they're work ethic, I would just love to see our team making the same TEAM effort as some of these other teams.
    None

  2. #2
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Where are the Minnesota Vikings

    Quote Originally Posted by "b_sandhar_29" #1096357
    I have heard numerous stories of players who are getting a vast amount of players to attend these practices and "OTAs" I guess you can call them. But I haven't heard one thing about the Vikings except McKinnie is with Serena in Miami and so is Shaincoe. I understand these players all probably have personal workouts that they do, but shouldn't we be practicing as a team?

    As Marr pointed out, sometimes the best coach is actually the players who play the game. Players like Winfield, Hutch, K Will, and these proven veterans have to get this team together and take command of this team. Kind of makes us wonder who the leader of this team is... Adrian sure he's our best player but I don't know about being a true leader, well not yet at least.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81fab1fe/article/romo-says-cowboys-secret-workout-draws-about-40-players?module=HP_headlines

    Cowgirls gettin to work.

    http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/05/drew-brees-paying-for-saints-players-workouts-/1

    Brees is definitely trying to get back to the superbowl pretty soon. Not to mention that team has gotten even better this offseason.

    http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/ronde-barber-says-tampa-bay-bucs-have-lockout-leaders/1157330

    Josh Freeman, young man keeping everything together in Tampa.

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/21/vikings-plan-lockout-practices/

    That was under the rumor mill at profootballtalk.com before the lockout began (March 4). But ever since I haven't heard anything else. I'm hoping someone can send me some sort of link or prove me wrong on this.

    I could find plenty of these kind of articles if I wanted to from at least 10 teams in the league. I've heard a couple things about Joe Webb arranging practices or getting teammates to get together and grasping some new concepts on Musgrave's scheme. But since then, I haven't heard much activity from our players on how they're getting better as a team. I don't doubt that they're not working, I would just love to see our team making the same TEAM effort as some of these other teams.
    I have nothing to add.

    Good question. I'll start tweeting at some of our players and see if I can get any info.

  3. #3
    ndnorseman is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    321

    Re: Where are the Minnesota Vikings

    This very topic/suggestion was brought up earlier today in The Yell. I don't know how they would work the rookies into that kind of unorganized activity, but it would be nice to know our vets are taking a pro-active approach.

  4. #4
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Where are the Minnesota Vikings

    Robison is "not sure" if there are any team workouts planned.

    http://twitter.com/#!/Brian_Robison/...45783404470272

  5. #5
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Where are the Minnesota Vikings

    Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1096362
    Robison is "not sure" if there are any team workouts planned.

    http://twitter.com/#!/Brian_Robison/...45783404470272

    LOL

    Sounds good.. Other teams at work.. Robison isnt sure if we will start anything


  6. #6
    Chazz is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    782

    Re: Where are the Minnesota Vikings

    Quote Originally Posted by "V4L" #1096363
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1096362
    Robison is "not sure" if there are any team workouts planned.

    http://twitter.com/#!/Brian_Robison/...45783404470272

    LOL

    Sounds good.. Other teams at work.. Robison isnt sure if we will start anything


    The thing is, Dallas has Tony Romo and NO has Drew Brees. Those guys command respect from there team and get it. We have no 'leader' as QB to really compel players to come. I really like that Webb is trying and its too bad that a second year player is tryin to organize things and none of are 'big money' players are helping bring things together.

    I would really hope that AD would take the initiative, but so far, not so much. Jared Allen, Kevin Williams, EJ Henderson...where are you??

    This team lacks leadership...its unfortunate...but it is what it is. If someone doesn't take charge and get teammates together, then I expect we will have a top 10 pick next year :'(

  7. #7
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Where are the Minnesota Vikings

    Judd Zulgad says Ponder wants to get some workouts together.

    http://twitter.com/#!/JuddZulgad/sta...94325129039872

  8. #8
    Dibbzz is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    298

    Re: Where are the Minnesota Vikings

    I try not to look too much into this. Reason being is that this is the NFL and these guys are professionals. They've been playing this game since they were 9 in most cases so its not like they don't know how to play or to get into game shape. With that being said it would be nice to see more team orientation in the NFL. Sometimes I feel like these players are only playing for a paycheck or an endorsement of some kind and on-field success is only secondary. I think it would be awesome if we could somehow get a band of brothers so-to-speak of Vikings players to have some kind of de facto workout in front of the fans to work on fundamentals, drills, etc. But that would be a pipe dream and only in a perfect world, in my opinion. I think what will happen at the very least is that Ponder gets in touch with a few of the second team's receivers and throws the ball around a bit and maybe delve into the playbook a tad, but other than that I don't anticipate anything other than whatever training camp will occur after the lockout (if any).

  9. #9
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,916

    Re: Where are the Minnesota Vikings

    Quote Originally Posted by "Dibbzz" #1096367
    I try not to look too much into this. Reason being is that this is the NFL and these guys are professionals. They've been playing this game since they were 9 in most cases so its not like they don't know how to play or to get into game shape. With that being said it would be nice to see more team orientation in the NFL. Sometimes I feel like these players are only playing for a paycheck or an endorsement of some kind and on-field success is only secondary. I think it would be awesome if we could somehow get a band of brothers so-to-speak of Vikings players to have some kind of de facto workout in front of the fans to work on fundamentals, drills, etc. But that would be a pipe dream and only in a perfect world, in my opinion. I think what will happen at the very least is that Ponder gets in touch with a few of the second team's receivers and throws the ball around a bit and maybe delve into the playbook a tad, but other than that I don't anticipate anything other than whatever training camp will occur after the lockout (if any).
    People forget that football is a Job to this guys and a lot of times people try to get away from their jobs(no matter how rewarding) for as much as possible. As a fan I wish these guys were burning the midnight oil every day but as someone that gave 8 years of my life o football, I understand how sick of practice you can be.

  10. #10
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Where are the Minnesota Vikings

    Anyone catch Sapp and Balding talking about this last night on NFLN?

    Couple of things that came out:........

    a. Why are the Vets beeeeyyyyatching that there are to many events going on in the normal year, but now that we have a lockout they are organizing team activities.

    Makes one wonder doesn't it? :huh:

    b. Sapp was asked how effective these workouts are going to be. He said they are better than nothing but "No one is gonna work hard enough that they might pull a hammie".

    In short, they aren't working anywere near as hard as they would if there was a Coach(es) on the field pushing them.

    c. Practice is all about Timing, Tempo and Technique. These things, according to the discussion, don't get anywere near what they need to get to get game ready.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Minnesota? Vikings
    By Big Matt in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 02-04-2009, 01:52 PM
  2. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-26-2008, 09:19 AM
  3. What if there were no Minnesota Vikings?
    By DemonicViking in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 12-18-2005, 04:08 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •