Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ajjanssen is offline Rookie

Re: Where is the leadership going to come from on offense this year?

"olson_10" wrote:
    "ajjanssen" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "ajjanssen" wrote:
    What skill player this year is going to step up and be a leader in the Vikings offense this year?
    Initially...probably Taylor...eventually...TJack.
    the reason I ask is because I fear that we lack leadership this year.
    I want the team to win this year.
    I am sick of our MN teams always trying to work towards a better future while hoarding the money of the present.
    but again, what kind of leadership are you talking about? are you referring to a lack of superstar players? or lack of vocal leaders? because weve got plenty of vocal leaders on both sides of the ball..everyone on earth has known that we dont have any superstars, at least not until peterson gets a year or two under his belt
    I'm talking about when the game is on the line, who is going to pull our skill players up and win the game.
    I don't see a chris carter, or warren moon type leader on this squad

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"ajjanssen" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "ajjanssen" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "ajjanssen" wrote:
    What skill player this year is going to step up and be a leader in the Vikings offense this year?
    I am sick of our MN teams always trying to work towards a better future while hoarding the money of the present.
    but again, what kind of leadership are you talking about? are you referring to a lack of superstar players? or lack of vocal leaders? because weve got plenty of vocal leaders on both sides of the ball..everyone on earth has known that we dont have any superstars, at least not until peterson gets a year or two under his belt
    I'm talking about when the game is on the line, who is going to pull our skill players up and win the game.
    matt birk, antoine winfield, darren sharper, steve hutchinson, tony richardson, bobby wade, robert ferguson, pat williams..all vocal leadership guys..i still dont understand what ur trying to get at here..again, we all know we dont have any superstars, but we do have guys that will try getting other guys fired up
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

"olson_10" wrote:
    "ajjanssen" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "ajjanssen" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    [quote author=ajjanssen link=topic=37232.msg627429#msg627429 date=1188428397]
    matt birk, antoine winfield, darren sharper, steve hutchinson, tony richardson, bobby wade, robert ferguson, pat williams..all vocal leadership guys..i still dont understand what ur trying to get at here..again, we all know we dont have any superstars, but we do have guys that will try getting other guys fired up
    [/quote]
    Its not about getting fired up, it is about being able to perform under pressure

"ajjanssen" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "ajjanssen" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "ajjanssen" wrote:
    [quote author=cajunvike link=topic=37232.msg627437#msg627437 date=1188428754]
    [/quote]
    Its not about getting fired up, it is about being able to perform under pressure
    [/quote]
    so then back to the whole point that we all have known for years now that we dont have any superstars on offense..its not like daunte ever did anything in the clutch
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

"olson_10" wrote:
    "ajjanssen" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "ajjanssen" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    [quote author=ajjanssen link=topic=37232.msg627441#msg627441 date=1188428934]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    so then back to the whole point that we all have known for years now that we dont have any superstars on offense..its not like daunte ever did anything in the clutch
    [/quote]
    I think Daunte's name shouldn't be mentioned: Warren Moon, Chris Carter, Robert Smith, etc.
    Catch my drift

"ajjanssen" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "ajjanssen" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "ajjanssen" wrote:
    [quote author=olson_10 link=topic=37232.msg627445#msg627445 date=1188429106]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    I think Daunte's name shouldn't be mentioned: Warren Moon, Chris Carter, Robert Smith, etc.
    Catch my drift
    [/quote]
    okay..star players..and this is where i say it for the 4th or 5th time..everybody on this site knows we dont have stars like that

"olson_10" wrote:
    "ajjanssen" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "ajjanssen" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    [quote author=ajjanssen link=topic=37232.msg627450#msg627450 date=1188429203]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    Catch my drift
    [/quote]
    okay..star players..and this is where i say it for the 4th or 5th time..everybody on this site knows we dont have stars like that
    [/quote]
    So there again we as fans are forced to wait another year without proven talent and blindly accept the fact that our front office is unwilling to make it happen and put a quality product on the field for us to be proud of.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I tell you where it should and better come from, and that is TJ.

He's the QB, the leader of the offense and thats part of any great QB's job, to keep the offense in the game and motivated.

I'm sure the troops will gather around him and be just fine.....

I'm getting pumped for this season......Good things are going to happen for us all......

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

"ajjanssen" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "ajjanssen" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "ajjanssen" wrote:
    [quote author=olson_10 link=topic=37232.msg627453#msg627453 date=1188429373]
    [quote author=ajjanssen link=topic=37232.msg627450#msg627450 date=1188429203]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    Catch my drift
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    So there again we as fans are forced to wait another year without proven talent and blindly accept the fact that our front office is unwilling to make it happen and put a quality product on the field for us to be proud of.
    [/quote]
    this team we have can win anywhere between 7-9 games..and with the young guys we have, thats impressive..veteran/star free agents and players will see this and eventually want to play here..read my comment in the other thread that explains how san francisco picked up such great talents in FA this year..you have to build a team of youth, show that they can compete, and then convince top flight FAs that they can be the difference makers..if you have a bunch of old farts only winning 7-9 games, then who is gonna want to come play for you the next year? nobody! but if you have 23-27 year olds playing competitive football, then star players realize they are the missing pieces

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

I would Birk. The skilled position I would say its gotta be Chester.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast