Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    KJ
    KJ is offline Pro-Bowler

Where have all the Packer Fans Gone?

"fan4favre" wrote:
    Not as ignorant as Viking fans thinking that the addition of Sharper is a positive addition for your defense.
    How is Sharper not an upgrade for us? :scratch:

scott72 is offline Rookie

"KJ" wrote:
    "fan4favre" wrote:
    Not as ignorant as Viking fans thinking that the addition of Sharper is a positive addition for your defense.
    How is Sharper not an upgrade for us? :scratch:
    Umm I hate to break this to ya pal but he isn't. I'd say getting Sharper and prob losing Chavous is a wash. Sharper is coming off his worst season as a pro and you guys are wetting your pants thinking he's the next Ronnie Lott or something.
    I dont care how much talent you guys pick up in the offseason, in my book it still doesnt make you the favorite to win the division. You guys have a knack for blowing it somehow, someway, and until you show can put it together (coaching, chemistry and all) I'd say the Packers are still the team to beat in the North.
    Go Pack go!!!

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "scott72" wrote:
    You guys signed out best defensive player? You serious? Did you miss the playoff game last year? Sharper got friggin torched relentlessly by you guys. Good riddins as far as me and many other Pack fans are concerned. The guy couldnt tackle his way out of a paper bag. You guys will see that soon enough. We'll see how your offense runs without 84 in there. Burleson was good when Moss drew double coverage, lets see how good he is when he draws the double.
    As far as the off season, yeah you guys have signed some guys and made efforts to shore up your defense. You guys also had the cap room to do so, we dont. We'll have to rely on the draft more. People are definitely not pushing the panic button in Pack land yet. We have a great GM now, a great D Coord., which is a start. Oh and not too mention the greatest QB of all time is coming back.
    Oh and not too mention with the Vikings uncanny ability to choke no matter how much talent they have, we arent worried. Actually its the Lions we should all be worried about. If Harrington ever gets his head out of his butt we'll all be in trouble.
    Yes, we'll see how are Offense runs. But, now you guys have to actually play a good Defense, ours.
    Oh and by the way Sharper had knee probs all last year. Hope that works out for ya.. :roll:
    Go Pack go!!!

chippewavike is offline Rookie

sharper was the best thing on your defense, i didn't see al harris or carrol or anyone else do s%*t during the playoff game... only person i actually seen playing was javon walker, favre??? he drinkin before the game or practiceing to be a viking... did ahman even break 50 yards rushing that game? face it, until carrol gets more experence packers have nothing on D beside KGB, you just hate Sharper because he is a viking... say he was still a packer you wouldnt be dissing him if he was still a packer.

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

Remembering how GB's secondary sucked last year got me feeling pessimistic about Sharper.. we had our own problems defending the pass.. I'd hate to see things get any uglier.

"chippewavike" wrote:
    sharper was the best thing on your defense, i didn't see al harris or carrol or anyone else do s%*t during the playoff game... only person i actually seen playing was javon walker, favre??? he drinkin before the game or practiceing to be a viking... did ahman even break 50 yards rushing that game? face it, until carrol gets more experence packers have nothing on D beside KGB, you just hate Sharper because he is a viking... say he was still a packer you wouldnt be dissing him if he was still a packer.
    Wouldnt be dissing him huh? Maybe you should stop by the Packers forum and see how much we really DID trash him while he was WITH us. He's overrated and you'll soon find out why. We have 7 mill in cap room, if Sharper was the real deal dont you think we'd have kept him? God knows we need help in the secondary and did we resign him? Nope, we can do better.
    Go Pack go!!!

GBFan is offline Starter

Packers have Nick Barnett, who is a pretty good linebacker. Our secondary sucked, so we got rid of all of them. Sharper's big days are over, he will be decent for you guys, probably a little bit better than what you used to have, but he isn't a great Safety anymore. Fred Smoot was a solid signing, and so was Pat Williams. I'm glad I don't have to get a headache anymore yelling at Sharper or anybody else in the Packers secondary to make a freakin tackle. You'll get used to it soon

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

I think sharper is better than Russell by a lot but it doesn't matter. If sharper starts to underachieve like you are all saying then we can put in Russell and pick off Favre like he always does.

Geez, someone get these Packers fans a box of tissues! :cry:
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

Optimism. Yay!
    GO PACKERS!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast