Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Where are the haters?

I guess I'm right here ugh............yes I still think Daunte's a headcase but that has never stoped me from cheering for him or the vikes And as far as Tice go's I'd have to say Prophet pretty much hit the nail on the head, amen brother!

Skol Vikes for the W!

Happy to see a step in the right direction but that was to be expected given the competition. We will see what this team is really made of come sunday vs atl. Here's to Daunte and company keep'n it rolling like we all know they can!

CanuckVike is offline Starter

I am definitely not a "hater" of pepper, but I still don't have him figured out. I was losing faith a few years ago when he had the severe fumble-litis...I thought that was gone last season when he seemed to come into his own. But I was totally baffled how he began this season. I don't buy the excuse about Randy being gone as to why he played so poorly. He's played many games without Randy and performed much better. To me, it seems once he gets rattled with a pick or a fumble...he stays that way for a good 2 quarters or so. I was hoping he was beyond that in his career. Overall, he is still a qb I'd rather have on the team that someone, like say, Gus Frerotte or Jake Plummer. Even though the Phins are 2-1 now...just wait my friends...he will come down to earth faster than Yosemite Sam on the Fearless Freep's High Divin' Board...and so will the Dolphins.

The big test to see if Daunte's got his "roll and groove" for sure will be next week in Atlanta. If Pep can play well...even we aren't fortunate enough to win the game, my faith will be a bit restored. Until then, my view of the guy is: "He's dynamite! It's just that he blows up in faces once in a while!"
    8ed0c24a99f7e44be7931aa4afb7bd88

6-KINGS Guest

"shockzilla" wrote:
    I have something for them:

TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get rid of Daunte, my @$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    AHHHH!!!
    SHOCKZILLA IS COMING!!

Del Rio Guest

"webmaster" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

Some people give him credit for building up the defense. I don't. Anyone with even a little bit of common sense would do the same thing. If you have a top-tier offense, and have for years, and you are not making it to the big dance...then what is the logical choice? Build up the defense, any coach would have done that.

Denny didn't.

Anyway, this wasn't directed as much at the Tice haters because one game makes a coach not. It was more the people just tearing apart Daunte and some of the D boys.

Just amazing they aren't here still pressing their case.

Oh wait. :lol:
    It wasn't lack of effort that had Denny not building the defense. He drafted defense as much as he did offense, they just never panned out.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"webmaster" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    Here's one for ya Webby:

Last update: September 26, 2005 at 7:36 AM
    Patrick Reusse: Second-half sag wipes out any joy over beating sorry
    Patrick Reusse, Star Tribune
    September 26, 2005 PATR0926
    Crap, forgot to check the Official Hater column before posting. My bad. :lol: Thanks MNJ.

Not that he doesn't have a few decent points, but this whole article laden with almost open hostility to the team makes you wonder. Did a lineman eat one of his Ho-Hos one day? Poor Reussie.

Reusse is a curmudgeon, if the Vikes went 16 -0 and won the Superbowl he would find a problem with it. They did not score enough points, they do not tackle well, their kicker missed a field goal during the regular season, they ran to much or passed to much.

The guy should stick to writing about women's basketball or bowling or golf! Him, Danny B on Kfan, the common man and darkstar are whiners and hammer every Minnesota team that they can.

The year the Vikes went 15 - 1 (1998), before the season started Red McCombs said he did not see a game that they Vikes would lose. So everyone of those guys was hammering him, and making fun that he predicted that the Vikes would go undefeated. Which is not what he said, he said I do not see a game we should lose and he was right.

They all jumped on the bandwagon when they were about 12 - 1! greatest Viking team ever they could win it all, but when they lost in the NFC Championship game they all knew that the Vikes did not have what it took and they had called it at the start of the season.

Ruesse is a old fat pinhead, he should retire and go to the horse racing track with darkstar were he belongs!

Had to vent!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Go vikes! That's pretty much all I got!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

I am not a Daunte hater I think he is a good QB. However I am not a big Tice fan. I agree with a lot of the points in the article above. Especially the "prevent offense" comment. :roll: How many times have we got in the lead early only to let up and lose the game over the last few years. I lost count. Also if we get behind early we often get blown out. Tice just doesn't know how to regain control of a game. He simply starts heaving the ball long trying to catch up all at once.

Mediocre coach's have mediocre teams. Show me a great team that has a mediocre coach. :?: For our team to become a great team, Tice has to get a lot better or we have to get a new coach. Making the playoffs should not be a goal it should be an expectation. We have the players for that. I suspect by mid season we will know if we have the coach for that. I would love for Tice to step up but so far in his tenure with the Vikes he hasn't done it yet. I have been a Vikes fan for almost 40 years through the good and bad years. Good years are exciting, bad years open you up for change and potential. Mediocre years are just mind numbing. IMO if Tice doesn't at least make it to the NFC championship game this year he should be gone. Just winning the division and getting knocked off in the first couple rounds of the playoffs isn't going to get it for me.

WWBGD

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "webmaster" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

Some people give him credit for building up the defense. I don't. Anyone with even a little bit of common sense would do the same thing. If you have a top-tier offense, and have for years, and you are not making it to the big dance...then what is the logical choice? Build up the defense, any coach would have done that.

Denny didn't.

Anyway, this wasn't directed as much at the Tice haters because one game makes a coach not. It was more the people just tearing apart Daunte and some of the D boys.

Just amazing they aren't here still pressing their case.

Oh wait. :lol:
    It wasn't lack of effort that had Denny not building the defense. He drafted defense as much as he did offense, they just never panned out.
    Terrible judge of defensive talent, he wouldn't listen to his scouts! Rumor has it that they would spend about 3 days getting the draft board in order, and then the night before the draft Denny would change all of it and that was their draft order.

He was a good judge of offensive players, but not defense. Really made me mad when we did not draft Warren Sapp!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Man, If I didn't have class in fives minutes I would peruse the board and call out all the haters personally. You fools are lucky becuase I would have made it embarassing!
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

"6-KINGS" wrote:
    "shockzilla" wrote:
    I have something for them:

TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get rid of Daunte, my @$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    AHHHH!!!
    SHOCKZILLA IS COMING!!

Niiiiiiiiiiccccccccceeeeeeee... :lol:
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast