housekatt23 is offline Waterboy

Where has the offense been?

As being a Viking fan from Ohio all these years..it was a pleasure..no no a privillage to watch Wrs such as Cris Carter, Jake Reed, Randy Moss, Anthony Carter..hell even Chris Walsh and Troy Walters could at least catch the ball.
    However, this group of Wrs is an embarassment to most NFL teams.
    I undersand and will be patient for Rice to develop, but other then that what do we have.
    I do understand that we do need a qb who can deliver the ball and if Kelly Holcomb couldn't do that for the Browns, I can't expect him to do that for us.
    The problem I see is that we don't give our offense and chance to suceed and make plays to keep drives alive and score.
    We need to open up with most quick hitting plays and gash them with quick hitting running plays.
    Brad Childress is just not the answer for this team.
    I was sitting there wondering that when he has offense coordinator for the Eagles did he call plays and McNabb just audible them away.
    Please tell me that there is light at the end of this tunnel...

Purple Pride till the day I die!
    Brad Childress is who we thought he was...and we keep letting him off the hook!

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Where has the offense been?

It left with LINEHAN.

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Welcome brother.
    Where in Ohio?

Nice post BTW.

Suburb in Columbus called Worthington.
    There are quite a few Vikings fans in the Columbus, OH area...always helped having #80 Mr. Carter on the team for those years.
    It always seems with this team that we either have all O no D or visa versa!

x-ray jeff is offline Coordinator

Welcome housekatt! I like your idea of quick hitting run plays. Make them stop the run before trying a single pass. I hope there is a light at the end of this tunnel, and not a train!

VikingsMB is offline Pro-Bowler

I'm not convinced this is a WR issue more than an offensive coordinator issue.
    Wade, Rice, Williamson (looks good this year), Ferguson...they show some promise.
    Star receivers? unlikely. Good workhorses.
    Just got to figure out way to break from the routes
    and get open when things are breaking down.

I just feel its pretty sad when defenses stack 8 in the box and dare our qb to be able to deliver the ball to a WR and we still can't do it.
    We either overthrow, underthrow, throw to the wrong team, don't even get to throw LMAO..I wish I was there today to boo that offense at the dome.
    Feel bad for the people paying to watch that offense..might as well have the Gophers play Saturday and Sunday

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Welcome to the site my newest purple friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"housekatt23" wrote:
    I just feel its pretty sad when defenses stack 8 in the box and dare our qb to be able to deliver the ball to a WR and we still can't do it.
    We either overthrow, underthrow, throw to the wrong team, don't even get to throw LMAO..I wish I was there today to boo that offense at the dome.
    Feel bad for the people paying to watch that offense..might as well have the Gophers play Saturday and Sunday
    Actually for much of the game the Packers were rushing 4 and dropping 7 back into coverage and were still getting to the QB.

After last weeks game I called for rolling Holcolm out more instead of leaving him in the pocket where he was a sitting duck and they actually did it at times today and had success. But the plays where Holcolm dropped straight back in the pocket and planted his feet we got killed.

If we are going to do anything this year we need to have a QB who knows how to roll out and move around in the pocket. With the line we have any time we drop back and plant bad things happen to us more often than not.