Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I only know of 3 places where Sullivan is considered a top 5 center.

1. Bleacher Report

2. Marrdro's mind

3. The NFC Central division

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

1. Bleacher Report

2. Marrdro's mind

Pretty well sums it up right there.

Caine

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    I've always been in favor of giving bleacher report articles on here, if for nothing more than to spark conversation (and ridicule sometimes), but not to back up your points. You don't see anyone on here quoting someone else as a reference point. "Tjack is a good QB because Marrdro said so"="Sullivan is a top 5 center because it says so on BR". And if there really were all these places you were seeing about Sully as improving greatly then maybe you should have posted those if you wanted to convince people. I actually do think he is becoming a better C and he can be a solid piece of our line, but no way is he top 5.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    I've always been in favor of giving bleacher report articles on here, if for nothing more than to spark conversation (and ridicule sometimes), but not to back up your points. You don't see anyone on here quoting someone else as a reference point. "Tjack is a good QB because Marrdro said so"="Sullivan is a top 5 center because it says so on BR". And if there really were all these places you were seeing about Sully as improving greatly then maybe you should have posted those if you wanted to convince people. I actually do think he is becoming a better C and he can be a solid piece of our line, but no way is he top 5.
    Were have you ever seen me backup anything with a article, regardless of the source?

If you read down in the original post you will see the comment "I actually graded him out"......with respect to Matt.

Almost everything I say on here I back up with my observations. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

1. Bleacher Report

2. Marrdro's mind

LOL, coming from a man who has repeatedly admitted he knows nothing about OL play.......snicker....

Admit it. You guys were wrong about letting Matt go and moving to Sully. Hell, even I thought he was going to mess up last year under the new coaches "Blocking schemes", but he didn't.

Again, its OK to admit it my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    Out of all the posts on here, you pick that one to reply to? What about Matt Birk being at 10? What about comments on the rest of the article and rankings? You can't just bring one bogus report saying Sullivan is a top 5 center and leave. These rankings are garbage.
    Time is short lately my friend. I don't have time to read every thread and every post and reply to almost all of them.

And I can do whatever I want on here. Nothing in any of the stickies that say I can't.

Anyway, if you want, when I'm done with my current event, I will go back through sportspyder and see if I can find the other articles if you want. You could do the same if you like starting with articles like these.

Minnesota Vikings sign John Sullivan to five-year extension - ESPN

John Sullivan agrees to 5-year, $25 million extension with Vikings | 1500 ESPN Twin Cities ? Minnesota Sports News & Opinion (Twins, Vikings, Wolves, Wild, Gophers)

or just google Sullivan and center rankings and you will find other articles like this....

Pro Football Focus ranks Sullivan the league's No. 2 center entering Week 15, a rapid ascension for a player who struggled at times during his first three seasons.
    Center John Sullivan signs contract extension, giving Vikings a building block on offense - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN

Maybe you think fox sports rankings are garbage as well?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    LOL, coming from a man who has repeatedly admitted he knows nothing about OL play.......snicker....

Admit it. You guys were wrong about letting Matt go and moving to Sully. Hell, even I thought he was going to mess up last year under the new coaches "Blocking schemes", but he didn't.

Again, its OK to admit it my friend.

I may not know all the nuances of zone blocking scheme, but I can tell the difference between a center who is playing great & one that's average.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post

If you read down in the original post you will see the comment "I actually graded him out"......with respect to Matt.

Almost everything I say on here I back up with my observations. Nothing more, nothing less.
    And there you go.

Unless you've "observed" every other center in the league play & graded them as well, you would have nothing to base your "top 5" on.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

And there you go.

Unless you've "observed" every other center in the league play & graded them as well, you would have nothing to base your "top 5" on.
    You do realize I watch almost every game right?

I may not know all the nuances of zone blocking scheme, but I can tell the difference between a center who is playing great & one that's average.
    So if you don't know the nuances you can't tell if the C or the G was supposed to disengage and go to the next level or you can't tell if the C was supposed to pull instead of the G.

So then, if you don't know those nuances how can you tell if its the G or the C playing like crap?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast