Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    Not according to Marty's Article

Btw, look at some of this guys other articles, like his QB rankings. Completely idiotic.
    lol, yeah I never even looked at the article.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    5. John Sullivan, Minnesota Vikings

B/R NFL 1,000: Top 32 Centers | Bleacher Report

Sure have seen alot of good stuff about Sully of late (and not all in Caine's beloved Bleacher Report).
    this is the same website that rated Jason Peters the top left tackle and Ryan clady #27 behind 3 rookies, one who got hurt in Russel Okung, trent richardson (#11) and Roger Saffold, who was on arguably the worst line in the league... and Jared Gaither at a whopping #8. May I remind you this guy got cut, by KC, minnesota had a chance to get him off waivers and didn't....

About the only thing they got right was Charlie Johnson at #32.... bogus report... sorry!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Shocking... look who #10 is on the Center list...

10. Matt Birk, Baltimore Ravens

Agility4.5
    Birk possesses average to good agility. As he ages, his lack of agility becomes more of an issue.

Awareness8.5
    An incredibly smart center who combines a great football IQ with a decade of experience. Birk is rarely out of position and rarely makes the wrong call.

Pass Block, Speed8.5
    Has the ability and quickness to snap and then raise up to stop a nose tackle, or to help with a 3-tech. Quick off the ball. Very consistent hand placement.

Pass Block, Power8
    Big, strong hands that produce a quick, efficient punch. Has a good anchor and can handle a nose tackle on his own. Great awareness.

Run Block6.5
    Is quick off the snap and gets a hold of the defender quickly. Has the strength to turn the defender and then drive him away from the ball. Average lateral agility.

Move in Space5

Limited in space due to age and stiffness. Isn't asked to get out on screens or lead-block often.

Strength7
    Can deliver a big-time pop when his technique and balance are on point. Can send a linebacker airborne when picking up a blitz. Strong player up top with good drive power from his base.

Technique7
    Picked up four penalties, which is about average. Is a near-flawless blocker. Might try to pancake too often and can reach when beat on the outside.

Size10
    Ideal size at 6'5" and 308 lbs.

Health10
    Started every game in 2011.

Overall75
    One of the best against the pass, his lack of agility and mobility hurts in the run game. The Ravens can hide him though, with two Pro Bowl-caliber guards.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Who cares what some no-name writer from Bleacher Report says? Jon Sullivan is awful. If you disagree, go back to watching Spongebob.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Who cares what some no-name writer from Bleacher Report says? Jon Sullivan is awful. If you disagree, go back to watching Spongebob.
    Who lives in a pineapple under the sea??...
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    [COLOR=#373737][FONT=Droid Sans]
    Sure have seen alot of good stuff about Sully of late (and not all in Caine's beloved Bleacher Report).
    Yet BR is the one you post
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by Braddock View Post
    Who lives in a pineapple under the sea??...
    Jon Sullivan in the offseason.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    Yet BR is the one you post
    Doesn't mean thats the only one. Its just the one that causes the most ire when I do it.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Doesn't mean thats the only one. Its just the one that causes the most ire when I do it.
    Out of all the posts on here, you pick that one to reply to? What about Matt Birk being at 10? What about comments on the rest of the article and rankings? You can't just bring one bogus report saying Sullivan is a top 5 center and leave. These rankings are garbage.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    I only know of 3 places where Sullivan is considered a top 5 center.

1. Bleacher Report

2. Marrdro's mind

3. The NFC Central division

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast