Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    sparkyfry is offline Waterboy

Where can I watch the Vikes in London, England?

I'm going to be spending New Year's in London, but I don't want to miss the Bears game on January 1. Does anybody know if there's a bar in town there where I can watch the game? Help much appreciated.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Where can I watch the Vikes in London, England?

You could watch it at AngloVike's house! LOL!!!

Seriously, send a Personal Message to AngloVike, EnglishVike or ElBarto (three of our English posters) or maybe BeneficaViking (who is in Portugal) knows something.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Thanks, CajunVike. I contacted AngloVike and ElBarto, but it couldn't find a user named EnglishVike. (I might be doing something wrong -- I'm new to this forum.)

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

Sorry the game is NOT sheduled for coverage on UK TV, so far this season we have had ONE :evil: game live, although it was the last game against the Packers :grin:. The only other live game we have is the christmas day match-up. Your only hope is from a foreign satellite though I wouldn't hold out much hope on that front but if any one knows different....? If you have an internet connection you can at least get radio commentry which is how I've been following the Vikes this year. BTW enjoy your trip to London, I was there last new year its a great city to visit. If the TV schedule changes will post an update enjoy your trip .

"scottishvike" wrote:
    Sorry the game is NOT sheduled for coverage on UK TV, so far this season we have had ONE :evil: game live, although it was the last game against the Packers :grin:. The only other live game we have is the christmas day match-up. Your only hope is from a foreign satellite though I wouldn't hold out much hope on that front but if any one knows different....? If you have an internet connection you can at least get radio commentry which is how I've been following the Vikes this year. BTW enjoy your trip to London, I was there last new year its a great city to visit. If the TV schedule changes will post an update enjoy your trip .
    When do they decide which games they'll broadcast live? If it turns out that game is for first place in the NFC North, that games would certainly be worthy of broadcasting. And thanks -- I'm looking forward to the trip. Never been to the UK.

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

"sparkyfry" wrote:
    "scottishvike" wrote:
    When do they decide which games they'll broadcast live? If it turns out that game is for first place in the NFC North, that games would certainly be worthy of broadcasting. And thanks -- I'm looking forward to the trip. Never been to the UK.
    Hey sparky there may still be hope :grin: , I wrongly assumed all the games were being played on the 31st not the first ops: . These were the games I was looking at :???: , as far as I can see no games have been decided for the time slot of the Bears game. Sorry about the misinformation will keep you posted when info is available thanks.

sharper42 is offline Pro-Bowler

just see wahts going on on nfl.com the have play by play coverage
    our only sure-handed receiver

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

a bar, or as people in england would call it a pub?
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Firstly enjoy your trip here and hope its a great New Year. As Scottishvike said currently there is now news as to whether the game will be shown here or not. Depending where you are staying - if you have access to satellite TV then look out for the SKY Sports channels - 1, 2 3 & Extra. Usually the NFL games are shown on Extra as part of a double header programme.
    If you don't have access to satellite TV then your next option will be to go to the Sports Cafe which is in the Haymarket - below is the link to their site

http://www.thesportscafe.net/

Like ScottishVike I'll keep an eye out for what games are going to be shown and will let you know
    If the NFCN comes down that final game then there is a chance that it may be on Sky
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

"AngloVike" wrote:
    Firstly enjoy your trip here and hope its a great New Year. As Scottishvike said currently there is now news as to whether the game will be shown here or not. Depending where you are staying - if you have access to satellite TV then look out for the SKY Sports channels - 1, 2 3 & Extra. Usually the NFL games are shown on Extra as part of a double header programme.
    If you don't have access to satellite TV then your next option will be to go to the Sports Cafe which is in the Haymarket - below is the link to their site

http://www.thesportscafe.net/

Like ScottishVike I'll keep an eye out for what games are going to be shown and will let you know
    If the NFCN comes down that final game then there is a chance that it may be on Sky
    Thanks for the tip! I think I'll try to hit the Sports Cafe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast