Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

When are Vikings Playoff Tickets going on sale?

Word has it that the Packers have already offered theirs for sale:
    This is in a comment on Access Vikings.

The Green Bay Packers are in the process of mailing playoff ticket invoices to season-ticket holders. Assuming, of course….

Ticket prices are set by the National Football League. Each seat is $98 for the wild-card game, $107 for the divisional playoff game and $148 for the NFC Championship. “Green” package ticket holders, per regular custom, have been invoiced for the same seats they hold during the regular season.

Any seats not claimed by “Green” season-ticket holders will be randomly allocated to “Gold” package ticket holders.

The deadline for payment is Dec. 3. The tickets would be mailed in late December.
    That appears to be a little different than the way the Vikings do it, or at least different than the way they have done it in the past.
    No team can host more than 2 playoff games (not possible), so before you would buy two tickets, and if the team played one or none, you would get the appropriate credit.
    My guess is that with the tiered ticket price structure, you will pay for the two most expensive, and be credited if the team hosts the wild card instead of the divisional game.

I also don't know if their tier the prices of tickets, although I expect that they do.
    So those prices for the Packer tickets are probably only representative of a specific pricing tier.

For the average ticket in the dome, I am expecting to pay around $255 per seat with the initial invoice for playoff tickets. (That is for 2 games).

I am waiting for that letter from the Vikes so I can purchase mine.
    I might give the Ticket Office a call if I don't hear anything by Monday.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries

Re: When are Vikings Playoff Tickets going on sale?

Here is some more information about the Packers playoff tickets from their site:

http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2008/11/19/3/
    The Green Bay Packers are mailing playoff ticket invoices to season ticket holders this week in preparation for a possible home playoff game (or games) at Lambeau Field.

Ticket prices have been set by the NFL for the playoffs and apply to every regular seat in the seating bowl. Each seat is $98 for the Wild Card game, $107 for the Divisional Playoff game and $148 for the NFC Championship. 'Green' package ticket holders, per regular custom, have been invoiced for the same seats they hold during the regular season.

Any seats not claimed by 'Green' package ticket holders will be randomly allocated to 'Gold' package ticket holders, who have been invoiced for the same number of seats they hold during the regular season, up to four.

Invoices sent reflected the best possible playoff scenario: a Divisional Playoff and NFC Championship game. In the event one or both games are not played at Lambeau Field, or a Wild Card game is played instead of the Divisional Playoff, a refund check will be mailed.

Club seat and suite holders have been invoiced as well, with pricing also set by the NFL.

Full details of the playoff ticket information are included in the mailings. Deadline for payment is Dec. 3. Playoff tickets will be mailed to ticket holders in late December.
    Some interesting notes:
    - Ticket prices have been set by the NFL for the playoffs and apply to every regular seat in the seating bowl.
    - Invoices sent reflected the best possible playoff scenario: a Divisional Playoff and NFC Championship game. In the event one or both games are not played at Lambeau Field, or a Wild Card game is played instead of the Divisional Playoff, a refund check will be mailed.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

I heard that there are no plans to offer playoff tickets until after Childress is no longer head coach....

Caine

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Next year when we make it

Blog Entries

"Caine" wrote:
    I heard that there are no plans to offer playoff tickets until after Childress is no longer head coach....

Caine
    LOL.
    No, that is probably the next time we win a play off game... but I have complete faith that we will host one this year.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:

Caine
    LOL.
    No, that is probably the next time we win a play off game... but I have complete faith that we will host one this year.
    i dont see that happening

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"vikings4life33" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:

Caine
    LOL.
    I hope it happens, but also don't see it happening.
    If the Vikings win the division does that insure they will have a home playoff game, either in the wild card round or the divisional round?

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

"V4L" wrote:
    Where have I heard that before?
    :
    El underdog.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"El" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Where have I heard that before?
    :
    Every year as a Viking fan.

gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "vikings4life33" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:

Caine
    LOL.
    I hope it happens, but also don't see it happening.
    If the Vikings win the division does that insure they will have a home playoff game, either in the wild card round or the divisional round?
    They will get a home game in the wild card round.
    There is no way they are going to have one of the top 2 records in the NFC.
    But yes, whoever wins the division will get a home game.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast