Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 43
  1. #21
    VKG4LFE's Avatar
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Hartford, WI
    Posts
    16,013

    When a team's own newspaper says they're in trouble...

    Oh, I see what you're sayin'!!

    I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

  2. #22
    purplepat is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,510

    When a team's own newspaper says they're in trouble...

    "packmanxxxi" wrote:
    What is the last team who picked up big name free agents who won the SB? I don't remember, but if you look at NE especially, until the Dillion pickup, had grown from within- like the Packers.
    Actually, it might have been the Packers. Reggie White is generally acknowledged as the piece that finally put the Packers over the top.

    Don't forget, as important as additions like Winfield, Robinson, and Darren Bennett will likely be to the Vikings this season, the vast majority of their roster is "homegrown". Technically, neither Brett Favre nor Ahman Green are products of the Packer organization...both were acquired in trades (they just blossomed in GB).

    And while the Patriots may not have picked up a bunch of "big-name" free agents, they have been very active picking up free agents for their SB runs. What they have been credited with is doing it by picking up the lower-priced role players that have contributed signficantly, rather than overpaying for big names like Kearse.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

  3. #23
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    When a team's own newspaper says they're in trouble...

    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "packmanxxxi" wrote:
    Tim couch as the starter??? Where do you pull that from? Dreams and hopes I guess..... Also, you state that Sherman inherited talent? No- he inheritent and 8-8 disaster from Ray Rhodes... Favre was the only talent he got. He alone acquired Green, Walker, Fergie- etc.

    Also- other than McKenzie, who are the defensive players who have left and went elsewhere?

    You comment is baseless and is proof that you look nothing up but rather speak from a pea size brain. Next time you want to talk facts, look them up....

    Pukemanxxxi

    Favre (Farve, he should learn to spell his name or pronounce his name) is retiring at the end of the year your starter is going to be couch (yeah for us). :bootyshake:

    Defensive players that left since Sherman took over Santana Dotson, Bernardo Harris, Vonnie Holiday, John Thierry just to name a few. :tongue:

    And if I remember right did you not go to the Superbowl in 98 so by 2000 you had no talent left. :scratch:

    By the way Dorsey Levens didn't want to play for him either and left. :bootyshake:

    So maybe Pukeman ukeright: maybe you should check your history!




    Have you noticed how quiet the Packer fans have been since Mondays game. ops: Have not seen or heard from Texpack or Pukemanxxxi (Los, is on vacation so I give him an excuse). :scratch:

    Guys it was a preseason game don't take it so hard, plenty of football left to be played. :wink: :thumbleft:
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  4. #24
    TEXPACK is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    347

    When a team's own newspaper says they're in trouble...

    I've been working. I'm not avoiding you all.

    What do you say when you get beat????

    I'm asking you because you are a Viking fan and know better, than we do.
    Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will all be judged by only one thing - the result." --Vince Lombardi

  5. #25
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    When a team's own newspaper says they're in trouble...

    Tex you are so funny, :lol: easy to forget the 70's and the 80's when the Packers were doormats and everybody loved having them on their schedule!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  6. #26
    packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    660

    When a team's own newspaper says they're in trouble...

    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "packmanxxxi" wrote:
    Tim couch as the starter??? Where do you pull that from? Dreams and hopes I guess..... Also, you state that Sherman inherited talent? No- he inheritent and 8-8 disaster from Ray Rhodes... Favre was the only talent he got. He alone acquired Green, Walker, Fergie- etc.

    Also- other than McKenzie, who are the defensive players who have left and went elsewhere?

    You comment is baseless and is proof that you look nothing up but rather speak from a pea size brain. Next time you want to talk facts, look them up....

    Pukemanxxxi

    Favre (Farve, he should learn to spell his name or pronounce his name) is retiring at the end of the year your starter is going to be couch (yeah for us). :bootyshake:

    Defensive players that left since Sherman took over Santana Dotson, Bernardo Harris, Vonnie Holiday, John Thierry just to name a few. :tongue:

    And if I remember right did you not go to the Superbowl in 98 so by 2000 you had no talent left. :scratch:

    By the way Dorsey Levens didn't want to play for him either and left. :bootyshake:

    So maybe Pukeman ukeright: maybe you should check your history!
    Umm, shows how little you know... Levens was cut, Harris was cut, Holiday was never offered a contract, and Dotson was never offered a contract. Also, Favre has stated time and time again that he is playing for 3 more years... so, ummmm, WHO needs to get their facts straight? And dude, stop with the childish, illiterate, just plain dumb namecalling. Makes people not remotly care what you post. Pukeman, Favre's name, etc.... get a f-ing life
    3 Straight Division Champs

  7. #27
    packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    660

    When a team's own newspaper says they're in trouble...

    "purplepat" wrote:
    "packmanxxxi" wrote:
    What is the last team who picked up big name free agents who won the SB? I don't remember, but if you look at NE especially, until the Dillion pickup, had grown from within- like the Packers.
    Actually, it might have been the Packers. Reggie White is generally acknowledged as the piece that finally put the Packers over the top.

    Don't forget, as important as additions like Winfield, Robinson, and Darren Bennett will likely be to the Vikings this season, the vast majority of their roster is "homegrown". Technically, neither Brett Favre nor Ahman Green are products of the Packer organization...both were acquired in trades (they just blossomed in GB).

    And while the Patriots may not have picked up a bunch of "big-name" free agents, they have been very active picking up free agents for their SB runs. What they have been credited with is doing it by picking up the lower-priced role players that have contributed signficantly, rather than overpaying for big names like Kearse.

    Good post. You might be right that the Packers were the last one- although they didnt go the year White was there. Very rare does a team pick up a FA who helps them so much he leads them there. I was referring to pickups, big name, who help immediatly to take them to the promised land. I was not clear, i apologize.
    3 Straight Division Champs

  8. #28
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    When a team's own newspaper says they're in trouble...

    "packmanxxxi" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "packmanxxxi" wrote:
    Tim couch as the starter??? Where do you pull that from? Dreams and hopes I guess..... Also, you state that Sherman inherited talent? No- he inheritent and 8-8 disaster from Ray Rhodes... Favre was the only talent he got. He alone acquired Green, Walker, Fergie- etc.

    Also- other than McKenzie, who are the defensive players who have left and went elsewhere?

    You comment is baseless and is proof that you look nothing up but rather speak from a pea size brain. Next time you want to talk facts, look them up....

    Pukemanxxxi

    Favre (Farve, he should learn to spell his name or pronounce his name) is retiring at the end of the year your starter is going to be couch (yeah for us). :bootyshake:

    Defensive players that left since Sherman took over Santana Dotson, Bernardo Harris, Vonnie Holiday, John Thierry just to name a few. :tongue:

    And if I remember right did you not go to the Superbowl in 98 so by 2000 you had no talent left. :scratch:

    By the way Dorsey Levens didn't want to play for him either and left. :bootyshake:

    So maybe Pukeman ukeright: maybe you should check your history!
    Umm, shows how little you know... Levens was cut, Harris was cut, Holiday was never offered a contract, and Dotson was never offered a contract. Also, Favre has stated time and time again that he is playing for 3 more years... so, ummmm, WHO needs to get their facts straight? And dude, stop with the childish, illiterate, just plain dumb namecalling. Makes people not remotly care what you post. Pukeman, Favre's name, etc.... get a f-ing life


    Sorry Pukeman ukeright: good to see you came out of the suicide watch Ok and are stable tell the next GB loss.

    the swansong of Favre (Farve what every he wants to call himself), the end, him and Onterrio can set around and do Vicadon and toke up, it's over he will retire.

    You are trying to tell me they would have not taken Vonnie Holiday back or Santana Dotson :lol: not buying it, not buying it at all.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  9. #29
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    When a team's own newspaper says they're in trouble...

    Packman; I am sorry I should not have made fun of your name, I will not refer to you anymore other than packman. Please accept my apology and excuse my childish behavior. ops:

    Whack the Pack
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  10. #30
    packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    660

    When a team's own newspaper says they're in trouble...

    "whackthepack" wrote:

    Sorry Pukeman ukeright: good to see you came out of the suicide watch Ok and are stable tell the next GB loss.

    the swansong of Favre (Farve what every he wants to call himself), the end, him and Onterrio can set around and do Vicadon and toke up, it's over he will retire.

    You are trying to tell me they would have not taken Vonnie Holiday back or Santana Dotson :lol: not buying it, not buying it at all.

    Once again you fail to put two sentences together that speak to anything intelligent or worthy of reading. The middle sentence, if that is what you wish to call it, is nothing but a song and dance of your failing hopes and aspirations for this and many upcoming years. I come to this site for many of the fans who speak football. We do not agree, and sometimes argue, but they hardly rip. It is fun, good natured, light hearted trashing between two rivals. Your pre-school comments have no place on such a classy site.

    "Come out of suicide watch" Are you getting at that I am such a loyal fan that I live and die Packers, or that they are so good that any loss sends me into a tail spin? I am lost as to your intention here???

    "stable tell the next GB loss" I will assume that you meant stable TILL the next GB loss. We lost a SB, recently actually (not like 1970 something), and I am doing quite fine after that. BTW- that was after we actually went there and WON it. (Do you know what that feels like as a Viking fan??? Didn't think so.)

    Finally, would I have taken Vonnie Holiday back? Yes- but two things here. #1- I never said I agreed with the Packers letting him go. You said he wanted to leave, I was simply stating that they LET him go. A bit of a difference. #2- for the money he wanted it would have meant mortgaging the Pack's future in a middle level D-lineman.

    Sanana was old and done.

    Please- PLEASE get your facts straight before you let your pink nailed fingers touch the keys again to write back!
    3 Straight Division Champs

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New Prince CD Given Away Free In British Newspaper 7/15/07
    By scottishvike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-26-2007, 03:11 PM
  2. Im in the Newspaper!!
    By Vikes316 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-29-2007, 08:26 PM
  3. Parents protest H.S. sex newspaper
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-30-2007, 09:16 PM
  4. This just isn't right, no newspaper...URGHHHHHHHHHH
    By NordicNed in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-25-2006, 03:39 PM
  5. The pioneer press a "Minnesota" newspaper, more ba
    By WBLVikeBabe in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-09-2005, 10:45 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •