Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Jer
    Jer is offline Rookie

When a team's own newspaper says they're in trouble...

There is more respect right now with the Packers-Bears. The Packers-Vikes is true hate. Casper what are you talking about cry-babies? How have we cried? We all realize that MM isn't here. I wish he was, but I am glad that Sherman is handling it the way he is. We're all pumped about the season. We aren't primarily thinking about getting burnt. That will happen with our young guys, but they should adjust halfway through the season. Our young guys have speed just not the instincts. As Favre said,"Super Bowl... or it was a bust." After 3 years in the playoffs its time for us to do something.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I agree with Jer (man it kills me to agree with a packer fan), but I like how Sherman and the packer organization is handling the McKenzie situation. Teams shouldn't re-negotiate with a player with 3 years left on his contract, unless they are the ones asking to do it!! I respect what Sherman is doing and not falling into the demands of yet another pampered athlete!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Oh, one more thing. With that whole "Superbowl or bust" thing from favre, I hope he means we win the superbowl or I retire!! Because if that's what he means, check ya later Favre!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

Very funny how some of you take some shots at Sherman on here....

"Winning games at better than a two-to-one ratio, Sherman has put together an impressive 43-21 regular-season record since 2000. His .672 winning percentage ties him with the Steelers' Bill Cowher and the Rams' Mike Martz for the fourth-best record by a head coach in his initial four seasons from among the 147 who have launched their careers since 1970. Only the 49ers' George Seifert (.813), the Rams' Chuck Knox (.800) and the Redskins' Joe Gibbs (.719) have enjoyed better coaching starts over the last three-and-a-half decades.

Is tied with Martz for the second-best career record among active head coaches (.652, 45-24 including playoffs), behind only the .683 winning percentage (140-65) of Gibbs;
    Has directed Green Bay to consecutive division titles (2002-03) for only the second time since the 'Lombardi era';
    Has led the Packers to a 17-2 regular-season record (.895) Dec. 1 or later, including a perfect 4-0 in both 2000 and 2003. The Packers have a plus-32 turnover ratio in those games; and
    Twice in four years has posted a winning road record (5-3 in 2001, 5-3 in 2003) -- giving him two of the five winning campaigns on the road by the Packers over the last 35 seasons. "

~taken from packers.com

How Vikings fans can rip on a coach with those stats (I use that because stats are all people around here seem to care about) when they have their own coach who started 6-0 last year and didn't make the playoffs.

This about this. What is the last team who picked up big name free agents who won the SB? I don't remember, but if you look at NE especially, until the Dillion pickup, had grown from within- like the Packers. Ithink you all are in for a major disapointment.
    3 Straight Division Champs

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

[quote="packmanxxxi"]Very funny how some of you take some shots at Sherman on here....

"Winning games at better than a two-to-one ratio, Sherman has put together an impressive 43-21 regular-season record since 2000. His .672 winning percentage ties him with the Steelers' Bill Cowher and the Rams' Mike Martz for the fourth-best record by a head coach in his initial four seasons from among the 147 who have launched their careers since 1970. Only the 49ers' George Seifert (.813), the Rams' Chuck Knox (.800) and the Redskins' Joe Gibbs (.719) have enjoyed better coaching starts over the last three-and-a-half decades.

Is tied with Martz for the second-best career record among active head coaches (.652, 45-24 including playoffs), behind only the .683 winning percentage (140-65) of Gibbs;
    Has directed Green Bay to consecutive division titles (2002-03) for only the second time since the 'Lombardi era';
    Has led the Packers to a 17-2 regular-season record (.895) Dec. 1 or later, including a perfect 4-0 in both 2000 and 2003. The Packers have a plus-32 turnover ratio in those games; and
    Twice in four years has posted a winning road record (5-3 in 2001, 5-3 in 2003) -- giving him two of the five winning campaigns on the road by the Packers over the last 35 seasons. "

~taken from packers.com

How Vikings fans can rip on a coach with those stats (I use that because stats are all people around here seem to care about) when they have their own coach who started 6-0 last year and didn't make the playoffs.

Pukemannxxxi

Sherman inheirated a team that was full of talent and veterans, so was it his coaching or his luck to get the team. Phil Jackson went to LA and won 3 championships, was it Phil or would they have won the championships nomatter who the coach was? :scratch:

Tice came to a team that had fallen into disarray, the talent pool on defense had been depleted and the offense best RB retired, a young QB that was raw and needed to develope.

So it's hard to say if Sherman had come into the same situation what his record would have been, and if he is so loved then why have a lot of your defensive players left and went elsewhere. And your current best defensive player says he will never play for the Pack again.

What will Sherman's record be over the next four years as your players get long in the tooth and Favre retires after this year (Tim Couch starting Packer Qb next year, the rest of the league is just shaking in their boots) (from Laughter) :lol: :bootyshake:
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

Tim couch as the starter??? Where do you pull that from? Dreams and hopes I guess..... Also, you state that Sherman inherited talent? No- he inheritent and 8-8 disaster from Ray Rhodes... Favre was the only talent he got. He alone acquired Green, Walker, Fergie- etc.

Also- other than McKenzie, who are the defensive players who have left and went elsewhere?

You comment is baseless and is proof that you look nothing up but rather speak from a pea size brain. Next time you want to talk facts, look them up....
    3 Straight Division Champs

TEXPACK is offline Pro-Bowler

I think everyone in America who watched the game saw that Tim Couch is a long way from starting in the NFL. What a disappointment!

This guy wastes everyones time. I honestly don't know if Couch really has it upstairs or not? Physical talents aside he really stunk it up tonight. I don't think anyone can blame the defense when the offense can't move the ball 10 yards.

Nall was hurt and I have been reading he likely will get cut. Pederson could move the offense for a couple quarters if necessary but, that's it. For less than a million dollars a year I am quite sure Green Bay could pick up a QB with some west coast experience and who could complete 50% of his passes for more than 18 yards.

I don't know if I can watch Couch disgrace The uniform again. The joke is on me I really thought Green Bay had an advantage with our back up QB vs Seneca Wallace. I give him and his team credit they really showed us.
    Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will all be judged by only one thing - the result." --Vince Lombardi

"packmanxxxi" wrote:
    Tim couch as the starter??? Where do you pull that from? Dreams and hopes I guess..... Also, you state that Sherman inherited talent? No- he inheritent and 8-8 disaster from Ray Rhodes... Favre was the only talent he got. He alone acquired Green, Walker, Fergie- etc.

Also- other than McKenzie, who are the defensive players who have left and went elsewhere?

You comment is baseless and is proof that you look nothing up but rather speak from a pea size brain. Next time you want to talk facts, look them up....

Pukemanxxxi

Favre (Farve, he should learn to spell his name or pronounce his name) is retiring at the end of the year your starter is going to be couch (yeah for us). :bootyshake:

Defensive players that left since Sherman took over Santana Dotson, Bernardo Harris, Vonnie Holiday, John Thierry just to name a few. :tongue:

And if I remember right did you not go to the Superbowl in 98 so by 2000 you had no talent left. :scratch:

By the way Dorsey Levens didn't want to play for him either and left. :bootyshake:

So maybe Pukeman ukeright: maybe you should check your history!

They went to the superbowl in 96 and 97, not 98.

The actual date was in 1998 it was the 97-98 season!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast