Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

When a team's own newspaper says they're in trouble...

Without McKenzie, things could get ugly. The Packers will face several of the league’s top receivers this season. They will open against Carolina’s Steve Smith, who had 1,110 yards and seven touchdowns a year ago.

Then the schedule gets really tough.

Including Smith, the Packers will face nine receivers who had more than 1,000 yards receiving last season. Indianapolis’ Marvin Harrison, Tennessee’s Derrick Mason, St. Louis’ Torry Holt, Philadelphia’s Terrell Owens and Minnesota’s Randy Moss all were selected to the Pro Bowl last season. The Packers also will face New York’s Amani Toomer, St. Louis’ Isaac Bruce and Washington’s Laveranues Coles.

While those days could be brutal for the Packers’ defensive backs, the other games aren’t exactly cakewalks. The Packers also will have to face Dallas’ Keyshawn Johnson, Houston’s Andre Johnson, and hotshot rookies in Detroit’s Roy Williams and Jacksonville’s Reggie Williams.

If the defensive backs are looking for a game where they won’t face a top receiver, they will be relieved to know it comes against the Chicago Bears. Fortunately for the Packers, they play them twice.
    I don't like the Packers, but this season might be very ugly for them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

Agreed, I actually am picking the pack to finish 3rd or 4th in the NFC north. And it kills me, I like the pack, I enjoy the rivalry. But if they tunr into a pile of $hit like Sherm seems determined to do then the rivalry will go away!
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

I don't think Sherman is a very good coach. He has a worried, fearful look in his eyes. That's not good for the players confidence.

Going for it on 4th and inches to seal the victory in Philly. You gotta go for the throat, not go out there and try and draw the defense off-sides and then punt the ball. Terrible decision. Lost them the game and ended their season.

If the Pack miss the playoffs and Favre retires, then Sherman will be out the door.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

Sherman is way over his head with his double duty as head coach and GM. With the Favre era grinding to an end Sherman is making the same mistakes that Mike Lynn used to make for us. Just the fact that the Packers traded two draft picks to move up and get a kicker (who is averaging about 25 yards per kick) shows how desperate they are. With more decisions like this they should be in mid-80's form in no time.

dart18 is offline Asst. Coach

the rivalry will never go away unless one of our two teams have six or seven bad years. Plus our two teams fans combine for more than enough trash talk to keep it always fun. We will see what happens, some WR's put up good numbers no matter the CB so anything is possible, alos maybe a newbie will shine for the pack with Carrol although doubtful but it will be fun
    Sometimes I like to think there is more to life than being you know. . . really really good looking.
    -Derrick Zoolander

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I agree dart. You never know what can happen. I don't think many Vikes fans thought that Brian Williams would do what he did last year so you never really know. Hey, I hope that the pack DBs get torn up all year without McKenzie (not that they didn't with him) but you never know what's going to happen during the season!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Jer
    Jer is offline Rookie

This rivalry is still going. As long as we split each year and stay close in all time standings head to head it will be heated. 43-43-1. Look at 99' and 00' when the Packers were supposed to get beat up by the Vikes. Resulted in a split and a sweep for us. Then when we are the playoff team in 01' and 02' we sweep. No matter how good one team is it is rarely ever a sure thing. We sucked in the 70's and 80's yet you guys just haven't pulled away. Neither team has been able to pull away and that is what each team wants to do.

Jer
    Jer is offline Rookie

NeoVikes-that was what cost us the game. What do you trust more,-the Packers offense or the defense? That bothered me the most. For some reason 4th and 26 doesn't make me lose sleep at night and hasn't. This happened all year to the point where I got used to it and expected it to happen. 1st and 2nd down we dominated then on 3rd and long we give up just enough for the first down. If it was 10 yards we gave up 11 and if it was 15 we gave up 15 in a half. I was mad, but not shocked. If we go for it on 4th and 1 we convert and if we somehow didn't at least the defense would have a huge field to play with.

The rivalry did get a little quiet-(but not gone) from the 01' game at Lambeau to the last game before the 02' game at the Dome. Hovan ran his mouth and got these teams to hate each other. We win at home later and have the "brawl." The hate is always there, but the whole Hovan situation just brought things back up.

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    I agree dart. You never know what can happen. I don't think many Vikes fans thought that Brian Williams would do what he did last year so you never really know. Hey, I hope that the pack DBs get torn up all year without McKenzie (not that they didn't with him) but you never know what's going to happen during the season!!
    I am withyou VKG4LFE but in all fairness even though green bay does have the best record in NFL history and they are dam proud of ops: did I say that Sh*t LA and TEXPACK must be tring to use some kind of subliminal message board stuff here :shaking: the puckers suck no matter what :twisted: they will always suck with or with out McKenzie come on he is one man in a supposed team ukeright: so quite whining GB pull your panties up Ladies and get ready to play ball.. :bootyshake: .what a bunch of cry babies... webby check the programing LA and TEXPACK are up to something 8)
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

vikeroo is offline Training Camp

Rivalry is such a funny thing...

The Vikes vs Pack rivalry was not that big when I was younger (74'-92')... Seemed like all the big emotional games were vs the Bears during that period (Payton gets 275, injured McMahon overcomes 20 pt Vike lead in 4th, Vikes almost give da' coach a heart attack scoring 3 TD's in the 4th, and all that jazz)... Modern Vikes-Pack rivalry seems to date back to the enterance of Favre on the scene... Truth is Pack-Bears will always be bigger rivalry, but Vikes vs Pack has been far more competitive the last 12 years... Lions fans hate all of us!!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast