Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re:When Schisms Attack!

Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    VikingMike wrote:

So, instead of worrying about who said what to whom, how about discussing what style of defense shut down the Vikings running game? Why not look deeper into the Xs and Os that John Fox, Ken Whisenhunt and Mike Tomlin employed to stop the NFC North Division Champions dead in their tracks. How about examining what the Vikings need to do in order to finally grasp the brass ring and bring a world championship to the deserving fans in Minnesota?
    Hopefully this happens. Funny how soon some forget how much Favre spends in the film room. I asked this before. I wonder if he spends more time in there than Chilly.
    Probably doesn't spend very much time in the film room at all. At least not as much as one would think.

In most instances he would only watch tape on things that his Coordinators think he should or issues that he might want to focus on based on what he feels are issues during a game. Some things he might watch....

a. The DB/WR coaches find something on tape that they think can be exploited in the upcoming game......

Sit down with the Chiller and O-coord (Probably Leslie as well) and show the tendancy/weakness they see that can be exploited.

b. ST's Coord lays out his game plan for the upcoming game. Probably briefs the chiller on thier anticipated plays. Associated game tape might be part of the presentation.
    and there is where the problem lies. Apparently Childress is not going over game plans with the others.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re:When Schisms Attack!

Marrdro wrote:
    VikingMike wrote:
    Mike Bullock wrote:
    VikingMike wrote:
    ... Childress must regain control of the team by doing whatever it takes...a good start would be old-fashioned football analysis and a solid game plan.
    The old "winning cures all" adage would certainly go a long way if they could devise a game plan that involves defeating Chicago and New York. Backing into the playoffs is even worse than backing into a division championship.

I wish I had access to the team the same way Chip Scroggins and Judd Zulgad do, because I really want to know what's going on with the disconnect between winning gameplan and Pop Warner play calling.

I would be interested to know what percent of play calls are changed/audibled by Favre. If we couldn't get a running game going against Carolina, how do we expect to do so v. the Giants or Eagles? If we don't run for 150-200 yds Monday night, then "Houston, we have a problem".
    Obviously more than the Chiller wants.
    Still waiting on that quote.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123