Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:When Schisms Attack!

VikingMike wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    VikingMike wrote:

So, instead of worrying about who said what to whom, how about discussing what style of defense shut down the Vikings running game? Why not look deeper into the Xs and Os that John Fox, Ken Whisenhunt and Mike Tomlin employed to stop the NFC North Division Champions dead in their tracks. How about examining what the Vikings need to do in order to finally grasp the brass ring and bring a world championship to the deserving fans in Minnesota?
    Hopefully this happens. Funny how soon some forget how much Favre spends in the film room. I asked this before. I wonder if he spends more time in there than Chilly.

You and me both...actually Favre and Bevell should both spend a lot more time watching film than Chilly. Even though at this point in his career some would think Favre would be able to recognize any defensive look immediately, he really must stay current to see what these defenses are doing successfully now...that, and figure out a way to get the run game back on track.
    Alright, that just got you bumped a column or two.

All kidding aside, what would you give to sit in on one of those film sessions? Not so much the game tape, but I sure would give almost anything to sit in on the tape they (Spielman and Scouting staff) break down for the coaches on the draft prospects.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

VikingMike wrote:
    Mike Bullock wrote:
    VikingMike wrote:
    ... Childress must regain control of the team by doing whatever it takes...a good start would be old-fashioned football analysis and a solid game plan.
    The old "winning cures all" adage would certainly go a long way if they could devise a game plan that involves defeating Chicago and New York. Backing into the playoffs is even worse than backing into a division championship.

I wish I had access to the team the same way Chip Scroggins and Judd Zulgad do, because I really want to know what's going on with the disconnect between winning gameplan and Pop Warner play calling.

I would be interested to know what percent of play calls are changed/audibled by Favre. If we couldn't get a running game going against Carolina, how do we expect to do so v. the Giants or Eagles? If we don't run for 150-200 yds Monday night, then "Houston, we have a problem".
    Obviously more than the Chiller wants.

For me it gets back to two possibilities for contention here....

1. They want him to keep his pitch count down.

2. They think he is a bit to pass happy and might have the feeling he has selfish reasons for passing so much.

I sure hell hope that we don't find out that the Noodle is trying to pad his stats at the teams expense.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Good article Mike.

Quite possibly the actual schism occurs between real journalism and sensationalism. A great rift torn open in the very depths of reporting, preventing those with a nose for the facts from crossing the newly formed abyss between reality and rumor mongering.

Unless, that is, in depth analysis of passionate men arguing passionately fires you up more than watching one of them knock the snot out of another one. Man up and leave the schisms for the pansies.
    If only they could, it would be a better sport for it.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    VikingMike wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    VikingMike wrote:

So, instead of worrying about who said what to whom, how about discussing what style of defense shut down the Vikings running game? Why not look deeper into the Xs and Os that John Fox, Ken Whisenhunt and Mike Tomlin employed to stop the NFC North Division Champions dead in their tracks. How about examining what the Vikings need to do in order to finally grasp the brass ring and bring a world championship to the deserving fans in Minnesota?
    Hopefully this happens. Funny how soon some forget how much Favre spends in the film room. I asked this before. I wonder if he spends more time in there than Chilly.

You and me both...actually Favre and Bevell should both spend a lot more time watching film than Chilly. Even though at this point in his career some would think Favre would be able to recognize any defensive look immediately, he really must stay current to see what these defenses are doing successfully now...that, and figure out a way to get the run game back on track.

All kidding aside, what would you give to sit in on one of those film sessions? Not so much the game tape, but I sure would give almost anything to sit in on the tape they (Spielman and Scouting staff) break down for the coaches on the draft prospects.

Oh yeah, I would love to sit in on either or both of those film sessions.

I sure would give almost anything to sit in on the tape they (Spielman and Scouting staff) break down for the coaches on the draft prospects

But then you would have the inside track on next year's mock drafts!
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

VikingMike wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    VikingMike wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    VikingMike wrote:

Oh yeah, I would love to sit in on either or both of those film sessions.

I sure would give almost anything to sit in on the tape they (Spielman and Scouting staff) break down for the coaches on the draft prospects

But then you would have the inside track on next year's mock drafts!
    LOL, thats the idea my friend. We do a 2 round mock for $$$ were I work.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    VikingMike wrote:
    Mike Bullock wrote:
    VikingMike wrote:
    ... Childress must regain control of the team by doing whatever it takes...a good start would be old-fashioned football analysis and a solid game plan.
    The old "winning cures all" adage would certainly go a long way if they could devise a game plan that involves defeating Chicago and New York. Backing into the playoffs is even worse than backing into a division championship.

I wish I had access to the team the same way Chip Scroggins and Judd Zulgad do, because I really want to know what's going on with the disconnect between winning gameplan and Pop Warner play calling.

I would be interested to know what percent of play calls are changed/audibled by Favre. If we couldn't get a running game going against Carolina, how do we expect to do so v. the Giants or Eagles? If we don't run for 150-200 yds Monday night, then "Houston, we have a problem".

2. They think he is a bit to pass happy and might have the feeling he has selfish reasons for passing so much.

I sure hell hope that we don't find out that the Noodle is trying to pad his stats at the teams expense.

Maybe I'm being naive, but I would think (and sincerely hope) that the only "stat" Favre wants to pad is his total number of Lombardi trophies.

I see nothing wrong with trying to limit his pitch count, in fact it's a great idea given his December swoons of past. And I would think Childress had discussed that with Favre back in August. So for it to be a major issue now confounds me a bit. I mean we all know he has to be the center of attention, but why not try to stay healthy and strong for a playoff run? Could he possibly think TJ or Sage will steal the spotlight (and his job)? I seriously doubt it, but who knows?
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

VikingMike wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    VikingMike wrote:
    Mike Bullock wrote:
    VikingMike wrote:

Maybe I'm being naive, but I would think (and sincerely hope) that the only "stat" Favre wants to pad is his total number of Lombardi trophies.

I see nothing wrong with trying to limit his pitch count, in fact it's a great idea given his December swoons of past. And I would think Childress had discussed that with Favre back in August. So for it to be a major issue now confounds me a bit. I mean we all know he has to be the center of attention, but why not try to stay healthy and strong for a playoff run? Could he possibly think TJ or Sage will steal the spotlight (and his job)? I seriously doubt it, but who knows?
    I personally believe (at least thats what I want to believe) that he came back to win one for his daughter.

The story about the porch and the tears came up way to many times for me to think otherwise.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    VikingMike wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    VikingMike wrote:
    Mike Bullock wrote:
    VikingMike wrote:

I personally believe (at least thats what I want to believe) that he came back to win one for his daughter.

The story about the porch and the tears came up way to many times for me to think otherwise.
    I believe that he wants to make millions playing a game that he loves with a team that fits his skill set before driving in circles on his riding lawn mower for decades. Yes, pretty far-fetched, I know.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

More like 'When the Media Attacks'... IMO, they're making everything sound a lot worse than it is. It's starting to get very irritating.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

KrackerJack wrote:
    More like 'When the Media Attacks'... IMO, they're making everything sound a lot worse than it is. It's starting to get very irritating.
    It is sickening, but it is the world we currently live in. They wouldn't continue with the drivel if people didn't listen to it. Everything today is overexposed to such a point where reality ceases to exist anymore.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast