Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

When Schisms Attack!

http://www.realfootball365.com/articles/vikings/14690

Anyone else tired of the drama?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:When Schisms Attack!

Thanks for the read my friend.....

or how a pro bowl left tackle gets pulled from a game with no comment from the TV talking heads after it happened,
    Its because of crap like this, that I absolutely think they have the worst coverage of any of the networks.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

You, sir, are much too levelheaded to be included in the media. Very astute comments, including the quote below. And accordingly, Childress must regain control of the team by doing whatever it takes...a good start would be old-fashioned football analysis and a solid game plan.

So, instead of worrying about who said what to whom, how about discussing what style of defense shut down the Vikings running game? Why not look deeper into the Xs and Os that John Fox, Ken Whisenhunt and Mike Tomlin employed to stop the NFC North Division Champions dead in their tracks. How about examining what the Vikings need to do in order to finally grasp the brass ring and bring a world championship to the deserving fans in Minnesota?
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Marrdro wrote:
    Thanks for the read my friend.....

or how a pro bowl left tackle gets pulled from a game with no comment from the TV talking heads after it happened,
    Its because of crap like this, that I absolutely think they have the worst coverage of any of the networks.
    They should hire Paul McGuire and go for the trifecta.

VikingMike wrote:
    ... Childress must regain control of the team by doing whatever it takes...a good start would be old-fashioned football analysis and a solid game plan.
    The old "winning cures all" adage would certainly go a long way if they could devise a game plan that involves defeating Chicago and New York. Backing into the playoffs is even worse than backing into a division championship.

I wish I had access to the team the same way Chip Scroggins and Judd Zulgad do, because I really want to know what's going on with the disconnect between winning gameplan and Pop Warner play calling.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

VikingMike wrote:

So, instead of worrying about who said what to whom, how about discussing what style of defense shut down the Vikings running game? Why not look deeper into the Xs and Os that John Fox, Ken Whisenhunt and Mike Tomlin employed to stop the NFC North Division Champions dead in their tracks. How about examining what the Vikings need to do in order to finally grasp the brass ring and bring a world championship to the deserving fans in Minnesota?
    [/quote]

Hopefully this happens. Funny how soon some forget how much Favre spends in the film room. I asked this before. I wonder if he spends more time in there than Chilly.

VikingLance is offline Starter

I thought it was a good article with the exception of this statement
    Why not look deeper into the Xs and Os that John Fox, Ken Whisenhunt and Mike Tomlin employed to stop the NFC North Division Champions dead in their tracks.
    I'll take how we played against the steelers over the other two losses any day.

The media is painting a bad picture of the Vikings. (not that they aren't doing some of this themselves) It is beginning to sound like a soap opera. I would prefer to let the players make their statements on the field these coming weeks.

Mike Bullock wrote:
    VikingMike wrote:
    ... Childress must regain control of the team by doing whatever it takes...a good start would be old-fashioned football analysis and a solid game plan.
    The old "winning cures all" adage would certainly go a long way if they could devise a game plan that involves defeating Chicago and New York. Backing into the playoffs is even worse than backing into a division championship.

I wish I had access to the team the same way Chip Scroggins and Judd Zulgad do, because I really want to know what's going on with the disconnect between winning gameplan and Pop Warner play calling.

I would be interested to know what percent of play calls are changed/audibled by Favre. If we couldn't get a running game going against Carolina, how do we expect to do so v. the Giants or Eagles? If we don't run for 150-200 yds Monday night, then "Houston, we have a problem".
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

marstc09 wrote:
    VikingMike wrote:

Hopefully this happens. Funny how soon some forget how much Favre spends in the film room. I asked this before. I wonder if he spends more time in there than Chilly.

You and me both...actually Favre and Bevell should both spend a lot more time watching film than Chilly. Even though at this point in his career some would think Favre would be able to recognize any defensive look immediately, he really must stay current to see what these defenses are doing successfully now...that, and figure out a way to get the run game back on track.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

marstc09 wrote:
    VikingMike wrote:

Probably doesn't spend very much time in the film room at all. At least not as much as one would think.

In most instances he would only watch tape on things that his Coordinators think he should or issues that he might want to focus on based on what he feels are issues during a game. Some things he might watch....

a. The DB/WR coaches find something on tape that they think can be exploited in the upcoming game......

Sit down with the Chiller and O-coord (Probably Leslie as well) and show the tendancy/weakness they see that can be exploited.

b. ST's Coord lays out his game plan for the upcoming game. Probably briefs the chiller on thier anticipated plays. Associated game tape might be part of the presentation.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast