Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    I would say it's ok if you made every effort to sell them to a Viking fan first. And since it's a Packer game, if you sold them to a Packer fan you should be burned at the stake IMO.
    Castrated with a spork, THEN burned at the stake...

...wearing a Clay Aiken.....errrrr....Matthews jersey.

Caine

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    I would say it's ok if you made every effort to sell them to a Viking fan first. And since it's a Packer game, if you sold them to a Packer fan you should be burned at the stake IMO.
    You don't get a choice once you put them up for sale on a site like eBay or ticket exchange.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by purplejokr View Post

Maybe your fan card gets questioned if you ONLY bought that ticket to resell it for a profit. Otherwise, I wouldn't worry about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    qft
    Bullshit! I've bought hundreds of tickets & resold them. I'm no less a fan than either one of you.

There were years I bought more than one pair of season tickets & sold off tickets from the second set that I wasn't using for family or games from my season tickets to games I wasn't attending hoping to recoup some of my costs. If I don't go to all 10 games, that doesn't make me any less of a fan.

I've also purchased many tickets for fellow PP.Oer's or sold tickets to PP.Oer's, for none or very little profit, but a couple of bucks nevertheless. Almost always, they got tickets for under face value & some great deals.

There are other Vikings fans far enough away on the east or west coast, for example, that attend a game or two, yet buy season tickets, rather than single tickets to those games, to sell the ones they can't use to pay for their season tickets or help pay for a trip to Minneapolis.

I don't have a problem with that & I certainly don't question their fandom because of it.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

+1
    Same thing I was thinking.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    One mans scalping is another mans retail opportunity, Buying and selling is the American way. It's not personal it's business.

WWBGD

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Bullshit! I've bought hundreds of tickets & resold them. I'm no less a fan than either one of you.

There were years I bought more than one pair of season tickets & sold off tickets from the second set that I wasn't using for family or games from my season tickets to games I wasn't attending hoping to recoup some of my costs. If I don't go to all 10 games, that doesn't make me any less of a fan.

I've also purchased many tickets for fellow PP.Oer's or sold tickets to PP.Oer's, for none or very little profit, but a couple of bucks nevertheless. Almost always, they got tickets for under face value & some great deals.

There are other Vikings fans far enough away on the east or west coast, for example, that attend a game or two, yet buy season tickets, rather than single tickets to those games, to sell the ones they can't use to pay for their season tickets or help pay for a trip to Minneapolis.

I don't have a problem with that & I certainly don't question their fandom because of it.
    Gotta agree 100%.

I don't think anyone could question your fan cred with a straight face, Singer. You're PPO's "TicketMaster"...and do a hell of a lot better job of it.

I think what purplejokr was targeting was people/institutions that purchase the tickets for purely profit reasons. They have no intention of attending, the tickets are purely a commodity to them. Like the people who buy up dozens of concert tickets, then jack the price up and resell them.

You don't fit that mold....not even close. Your blood is sufficiently purple....

Caine

I won 8 tickets for the 49ers game, wound up selling 2 $77 tickets for $50 each, because it was all money in my pocket anyway.
    I wound up with an open seat next to me anyway, as my friend that lives near me, wound up getting sick last minute.
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    It should be illegal for any body to sell season ticket for the Packers game.

It is sorry excuse, give them to aVikings fan and make sure they are used by Vikings fans.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post

You weren't buying your tickets ONlY to sell them for a profit, we're you? Therefor we weren't talking about you. W are talking about the scalpers who but up all the tickets they can just to resell them at a profit. Those people, even if they are season ticket holders, are not fans because they never intended on going to a game.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    You weren't buying your tickets ONlY to sell them for a profit, we're you? Therefor we weren't talking about you. W are talking about the scalpers who but up all the tickets they can just to resell them at a profit. Those people, even if they are season ticket holders, are not fans because they never intended on going to a game.
    I hate it when people "but up all the tickets"....they get that but all over them...then you have to wash off the but or it stains your hands....

yuck.

Caine

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast