Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

When is it okay to scalp your tickets?

Prices for the Packer game are sky high. Last week we listed my brothers season tickets($29 face value) for $180 a piece on ticket exchange, they sold within hours. He's going on his honeymoon, so he has a valid excuse.
    Currently ticket exchange lists the cheapest pair at $240 a ticket! The cheapest single ticket is $150.
    http://www.ticketexchangebyticketmas...12?PID=1273881

At what point is it not a fan violation to sell out and watch the game from home?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    He sold them too low.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    He sold them too low.
    We didn't list them until Saturday and wanted them to sell before the game on Sunday. A Viking loss likely causes prices to fall. I listed them for $10 cheaper than the cheapest available. After ticket master he only got $300 for the pair.
    Another pair in our group of 8 was sold early in the season for $100 each. My parents pair was sold to a friend for $50 each.
    Really considering listing mine for $300 each, that's more than I paid for my season ticket! Although the friend that bought my parents wouldn't be happy with me.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    We didn't list them until Saturday and wanted them to sell before the game on Sunday. A Viking loss likely causes prices to fall.

Not likely.

Those Cheesedicks will pay good money for a pair of Packers/Vikings tickets regardless of if we would have won or lost last week. Especially before Xmas as an Xmas gift when GB will be playing for home field advantage/bye.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    We didn't list them until Saturday and wanted them to sell before the game on Sunday. A Viking loss likely causes prices to fall. I listed them for $10 cheaper than the cheapest available. After ticket master he only got $300 for the pair.
    Another pair in our group of 8 was sold early in the season for $100 each. My parents pair was sold to a friend for $50 each.
    Really considering listing mine for $300 each, that's more than I paid for my season ticket! Although the friend that bought my parents wouldn't be happy with me.
    Regardless of whether we win or lose these tickets are going to go for a premium. Not only is it the Packer game, but AD will be poised to break ED's record.

I knew I wasn't going to make it down, so I listed mine on eBay with a Buy It Now price of $400. They sold in less than half an hour. I am positive I could have gotten more, but I think 4 times face value was enough for me. You could probably get $300 each for yours.

It all comes down to whether or not you want to be there to witness history. I would have preferred to go, but it simply wasn't possible, so I made the best of it. It killed me because I also missed AD's 296 game because I was on a plane headed to HI on business.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

purplejokr is offline Rookie
    At what point is it not a fan violation to sell out and watch the game from home?
    I have been a season ticket holder for the Los Angeles Lakers for roughly 15 years and I have sold tons of tickets on sites like TicketExchange/StubHub simply because on some nights I didn't feel like going to the game. Other times, there were scheduling conflicts but at the end of the day, as a fan I put down money to see the game or a season's worth of games. Those tickets are mine to do with what I please. I could sell the entire season because demand is such in LA to see the Lakers (not so much lately though lol!) For me though, I don't sell that many because I am a fan of the Lakers and I buy those season seats because I enjoy the Lakers that much.

I realize that football is different since the games played are significantly less but still, you're no less of a fan if your intent was to attend the game when you bought the ticket. Maybe your fan card gets questioned if you ONLY bought that ticket to resell it for a profit. Otherwise, I wouldn't worry about it.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by purplejokr View Post
    i realize that football is different since the games played are significantly less but still, you're no less of a fan if your intent was to attend the game when you bought the ticket. Maybe your fan card gets questioned if you only bought that ticket to resell it for a profit. Otherwise, i wouldn't worry about it.
    qft
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    The more I see what's happening, I got a "steal" for tickets.

Managed to get a single for cheap, and I got 9 tickets, row 6 lower deck for $2000, (just over $220 each). I bought two weeks ago. If I waited, I'd be paying now $400+ for htose same tickets, probably more.

When is it okay to scalp your tickets?

Against the law in Pa above face value
    None

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    I would say it's ok if you made every effort to sell them to a Viking fan first. And since it's a Packer game, if you sold them to a Packer fan you should be burned at the stake IMO.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast