Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

Re: when moss goes in HOF..

actually it probably depends on which team he helps get farther...a couple play off games or a super bowl. if moss makes it to the SB with the raiders, he will be instantly a HOF raider.

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

I may be wrong but, from what I could find out, a person (player or staff) is inducted into the HOF under the team in which the majority of their contributions have been made. Of course, all teams and positions (player and staff) in which a person contributed are listed.

In the case of Moss, let's say he plays for the Raiders for three years, wins a SB, then retires. If he was inducted into the HOF, it would be as a Viking first with a notable SB win as a Raider.

C. Carter, who played for the Eagles, Vikings and retired a Dolphin , will go into the HOF as a Viking.

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

I have the strangest feeling that Moss will be back in Minnesota before its all said and done. He'll back and he'll have a couple of decent seasons and he will retire as a vikes. He will always be a vikings to me.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"so-cal vike" wrote:
    I may be wrong but, from what I could find out, a person (player or staff) is inducted into the HOF under the team in which the majority of their contributions have been made. Of course, all teams and positions (player and staff) in which a person contributed are listed.

In the case of Moss, let's say he plays for the Raiders for three years, wins a SB, then retires. If he was inducted into the HOF, it would be as a Viking first with a notable SB win as a Raider.

C. Carter, who played for the Eagles, Vikings and retired a Dolphin , will go into the HOF as a Viking.
    Well, Cris is a lock as a Vike. He really did not do much until he came here. 3 years Philly, 12 for us, and 5 games for the Dolphins.

More interesting is, Rod Woodson?
    10 Years Pittsburgh
    1 Year San Fran
    4 Years Baltimore
    2 Year Oakland

Yes, he did win a ring with the Ravens. But, his time with the Steelers was the time where he became on of the best ever. I have heard people argue for both teams.

JLDII is offline Rookie

I'm as much a Moss fan as anyone here, but I don't think he has written his ticket into the HOF, YET! Yeah, his first 6-7 years were very good, with a consistant offensive team such as the Vikes, but that doesn't mean he will have the same success in Oakland. He could get injured, he might not have a QB who can read his route adjustments like Daunte did, he will be playing in a division that is known for its fierce rivalrys and that has many very good defensive backs playing in it. And lastly, he has not really endowed himself with all the people who will vote on his being inducted. I think he is going to still need at least 3 more years of consistant play in order to gaurantee his place in the HOF.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to slide into it broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming at the top of your lungs......
    "WOW, What a ride!"

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

it better be the vikings, thats all i gotta say, many teams passed on him, and we took him and gave him that chance to shine and he did...F**k the raiders...the vikings is what it should be

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Unless he wins a Super Bowl with the Raidahs, it is a no-brainer...but then again, no one has accused Randy of being a Rocket Scientist!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Unless he wins a Super Bowl with the Raidahs, it is a no-brainer...but then again, no one has accused Randy of being a Rocket Scientist!
    Does a SB really qualify? See me earlier post about Woodson.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12