Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 132
  1. #21
    VikingPatrick is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    136

    Re: When, if ever does Brad get the hook?

    Last I checked.......
    BRAD was not pass protecting ($$$$$$$ offensive line )
    BRAD was not dropping passes in his hands (# 7 overall pick)
    BRAD was not calling the plays ( offensive genius Childress )

    Brad
    is 1/11th of the problem with this offense....
    Has he made some poor decisions.....SURE but how much better would any one else be considering their experience.
    Does he have a strong arm???? NO....but he NEVER has..
    He is nothing more than a veteran stopgap QB that is here to fill the void untill the future "franchise" QB is found. Who that is is.... still debateable. But lets not drink the kool aid and assume that T.J. is the answer based on the little bit we saw of him in preseason. Yes he looked good....but how many others look good in preseason.
    Any of us who truley thought this was going to be a Super Bowl year has got to have their head up their A$$!!!
    New Coach
    New Cordinators
    New Scheems
    New Players
    Everthing needs time to gel......We should have a better idea where this team will be after another draft and free agency....Let Childress build HIS team....and after 3 years and it is the same......be my guest to crucify him!!!
    But for now....Get off Brads back and be Gratefull your not a RAIDER FAN!!!
    When All else fails....at least theres Football. Beer, and Women (not necessarily in that order)

  2. #22
    Webby's Avatar
    Webby is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Aug 1998
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    8,976
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: When, if ever does Brad get the hook?

    Brad will get the hook about the time Mr. Anderson gets over his grieving man-love for the loss of Moss and all evil in the world that followed that dark day.

    teasing.

  3. #23
    ItalianStallion's Avatar
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,615

    Re: When, if ever does Brad get the hook?

    "Gift" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    I have a haunting suspicion that the Vikings go after a FA QB, maybe Schuab or depending on the draft prospects draft another QB. I do not think Tavaris Jackson was drafted to be the future of the Vikings. I hope he was, but I have a feeling with Fran Foley and with the things Childress has said about TJ he is not what they have in mind for the future. Time will tell and if Brad Johnson keeps playing like he has been then we may get to see him proove me wrong.
    I don't know what to suspect. Part of me agrees with you Del. I think that Tarvaris could be Childress's little McNabb Jr. and his physical abilities and skills as a quarterback reflect that. On the other hand, it is kind of suspect when your director of player personnel gets fired 2 or 3 days after the draft, and the future of your team comes from 1-AA and wasn't supposed to be taken until the 5th round.

    I really have no idea what to think. I guess only time will tell.

    As far as Brad getting the hook goes, I think if we lose to Green Bay and lose the next one, and both of those losses are on the offense, then Brad gets yanked. I really hope he starts playing well though...he's a better quarterback than what he's been showing.
    Wasn't drafting Tarvaris Childress' opinion anyway?
    From what I remember, he was the one who went to all his workouts.

    Does anyone really see us winning game with Brooks Bollinger?
    At least with Tarvaris there is an unknown factor, so he MAY be good.
    All we know about Bollinger is he wasn't good last year, and he wasn't as good as Pennington, Ramsay or Clemens this year.
    So say what you want about him being the #2, but when three quarterbacks on a team are better than you, including a rookie, you should not be starting in the NFL.

    Bollinger is a paper #2.
    He's player who is only #2 because Childress found out Tarvaris was better than our old #2.
    I guarantee that if we were back in training camp Tarvaris would outplay Bollinger as well.
    I can see us winning with brooks, why not.
    Why is he bad?
    His stats are just as good as BJ's so what make him such a loser?
    When you're comparing offensive stats with Brad Johnson, and you lose more football games than you win...I think that makes you a loser.


    I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

  4. #24
    vikes09's Avatar
    vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,260

    Re: When, if ever does Brad get the hook?

    when we have no shot for the playoffs, then TJ will get his starts. i think most of the members on here if we dont end up going to the playoffs will be very disappointed in TJ, he's a AA school kid that is still very very raw. in those games childress is going to try to not have him killed and not crush his confidence his first few games. for instance, i think aaron rodgers is officialy screwed over from what i beleive was his first game agianst the ravens game. 1st play he fumbled that was returned for a TD, second pass "atempt" another fumble. thats just humiliating, and IMO, ruined his young and short career.

    around week 11, 12 we could be seeing TJ be our starter, but no sooner.

  5. #25
    ItalianStallion's Avatar
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,615

    Re: When, if ever does Brad get the hook?

    "vikes09" wrote:
    when we have no shot for the playoffs, then TJ will get his starts. i think most of the members on here if we dont end up going to the playoffs will be very disappointed in TJ, he's a AA school kid that is still very very raw. in those games childress is going to try to not have him killed and not crush his confidence his first few games. for instance, i think aaron rodgers is officialy screwed over from what i beleive was his first game agianst the ravens game. 1st play he fumbled that was returned for a TD, second pass "atempt" another fumble. thats just humiliating, and IMO, ruined his young and short career.

    around week 11, 12 we could be seeing TJ be our starter, but no sooner.
    At this point I'm not sure how many people "expect" to make the playoffs, it sure would be nice, but not the way we're playing.


    I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

  6. #26
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: When, if ever does Brad get the hook?

    With the rest of our schedule(starting last week) as easy as it is, we should go 11-5 12-4 but we're not going to if we beat ourselves every fucking week.

    I would rather know sooner than later if we're going to make the playoffs as a wildcard or not, to put in the younger guys, especiallly TJack and get him some of those end of the year starts.

  7. #27
    Gift's Avatar
    Gift is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    811

    Re: When, if ever does Brad get the hook?

    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "Gift" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    I have a haunting suspicion that the Vikings go after a FA QB, maybe Schuab or depending on the draft prospects draft another QB. I do not think Tavaris Jackson was drafted to be the future of the Vikings. I hope he was, but I have a feeling with Fran Foley and with the things Childress has said about TJ he is not what they have in mind for the future. Time will tell and if Brad Johnson keeps playing like he has been then we may get to see him proove me wrong.
    I don't know what to suspect. Part of me agrees with you Del. I think that Tarvaris could be Childress's little McNabb Jr. and his physical abilities and skills as a quarterback reflect that. On the other hand, it is kind of suspect when your director of player personnel gets fired 2 or 3 days after the draft, and the future of your team comes from 1-AA and wasn't supposed to be taken until the 5th round.

    I really have no idea what to think. I guess only time will tell.

    As far as Brad getting the hook goes, I think if we lose to Green Bay and lose the next one, and both of those losses are on the offense, then Brad gets yanked. I really hope he starts playing well though...he's a better quarterback than what he's been showing.
    Wasn't drafting Tarvaris Childress' opinion anyway?
    From what I remember, he was the one who went to all his workouts.

    Does anyone really see us winning game with Brooks Bollinger?
    At least with Tarvaris there is an unknown factor, so he MAY be good.
    All we know about Bollinger is he wasn't good last year, and he wasn't as good as Pennington, Ramsay or Clemens this year.
    So say what you want about him being the #2, but when three quarterbacks on a team are better than you, including a rookie, you should not be starting in the NFL.

    Bollinger is a paper #2.
    He's player who is only #2 because Childress found out Tarvaris was better than our old #2.
    I guarantee that if we were back in training camp Tarvaris would outplay Bollinger as well.
    I can see us winning with brooks, why not.
    Why is he bad?
    His stats are just as good as BJ's so what make him such a loser?
    When you're comparing offensive stats with Brad Johnson, and you lose more football games than you win...I think that makes you a loser.
    Like TJ or BJ could have done better with the jets.
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

  8. #28
    ItalianStallion's Avatar
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,615

    Re: When, if ever does Brad get the hook?

    We'll never know, all we know is Bollinger was the 4th best QB on their roster this year.
    That speaks volumes to me.


    I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

  9. #29
    Gift's Avatar
    Gift is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    811

    Re: When, if ever does Brad get the hook?

    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    We'll never know, all we know is Bollinger was the 4th best QB on their roster this year.
    That speaks volumes to me.
    We don't know until he gets a shot.
    He is far too young to rule him out just because he put up so-so stats 1 year for a bad team.
    Even then he had more TD's than INT's, alot better than we can say for BJ right now.
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,167

    Re: When, if ever does Brad get the hook?

    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    At this point I'm not sure how many people "expect" to make the playoffs, it sure would be nice, but not the way we're playing.
    To be honest, I still have better expectations at us making the playoffs at this point in the season than I have had at the same point over the last several seasons. Other than the Patriot game, we have been in every contest until the end. IMO, if the O-line and our WR's start playing better on a more consistant level we are easily better off than we have been in a long time.
    Even babies know the difference.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Hook your Purple Brothers Up!
    By snowinapril in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-17-2008, 06:39 PM
  2. Video game aims to hook children on Shakespeare
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-30-2007, 11:24 PM
  3. Can someone hook me up with a sig?
    By Idahovike in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-16-2006, 09:15 PM
  4. someone hook me up??
    By shawn in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-11-2005, 12:41 AM
  5. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 09-28-2005, 03:36 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •