Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 132
  1. #11
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: When, if ever does Brad get the hook?

    If our offense scores 3 points again and Frave put up 437 yards of offense like he did last week I think we will be at that point.

  2. #12
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: When, if ever does Brad get the hook?

    I chose if we lose to GB... but it is really more of how we lose to GB.
    If we have another 3 point game with multiple turnovers, then I think he will get pulled.
    But if BJ has a good night and GB somehow managed to rob us of a win anyway (maybe with a couple great special teams play or something), then I don't think he will.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,167

    Re: When, if ever does Brad get the hook?

    When, if ever does Brad get the hook?

    If we are eliminated from playoff contention.

    It has been explained, debated and stated over and over again and it is very clear that Brad Johnson is not the number one, number two or number three reason that this offense is struggling. You BJ haters out there will not give up, but that's fine. There are always going to be "fans" out there who call for the starting QB's head if a team is struggling somehow. Go ahead and throw Brad to the lions. If you think that making him the sacrifical lamb for this team is going to improve our offensive performance you are sadly mistaken. Others need to step it up before we can improve as a whole. But, like I said at the beginning of this post, if we do get eliminated from playoff contention with games still left to play, I do think it will be time to let Jackson play. If we don't make it deep into the playoffs or better, Brad is done after this season IMO (one just has to look at his contract negotiations to see that). And, at that point, it will be time to look forward and see what Tarvaris can do for this team. But, until then, BJ is the man. And for his sake, this team's sake and the sake of us fans, I hope his supporting cast starts playing at a better and more consistant level.
    Even babies know the difference.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    92

    Re: When, if ever does Brad get the hook?

    I think Brad gets the hook as soon as we get a QB on the roster that gives them a BETTER chance to win.
    That is not Bollinger and that is not Jackson, at least this year by the way.

  5. #15
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: When, if ever does Brad get the hook?

    "kramer9guy" wrote:
    There are always going to be "fans" out there who call for the starting QB's head if a team is struggling somehow.
    Is this a "true fan" reference?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  6. #16
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: When, if ever does Brad get the hook?

    I had high hopes that Brad had another season left in him and that he could lead the Vikes this year and let T-Jack watch from a pro and learn from the sidelines and compete next year in preseason for the starting job!

    But sadly what is he learning behind Brad?
    How to throw ducks, and how to throw INT's?
    Brad has happy feet, maybe it's not all his fault but right now he isn't an NFL QB!

    I would give him the hook if he doesn't look good in the 1st half of the Green Bay game, and if he gets the hook it should be for good not just for the game!

    But I would not bring in T-Jack!
    I would bring in Bollinger and let him have 2 or 3 full games to see what he can do!
    If he can't get it done then I would bring in T-Jack for the rest of the season and let him learn under fire and see how he does because at that point any chance at the post-season would probably be over!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  7. #17
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: When, if ever does Brad get the hook?

    I have a haunting suspicion that the Vikings go after a FA QB, maybe Schuab or depending on the draft prospects draft another QB. I do not think Tavaris Jackson was drafted to be the future of the Vikings. I hope he was, but I have a feeling with Fran Foley and with the things Childress has said about TJ he is not what they have in mind for the future. Time will tell and if Brad Johnson keeps playing like he has been then we may get to see him proove me wrong.

  8. #18
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Re: When, if ever does Brad get the hook?

    "Del" wrote:
    I have a haunting suspicion that the Vikings go after a FA QB, maybe Schuab or depending on the draft prospects draft another QB. I do not think Tavaris Jackson was drafted to be the future of the Vikings. I hope he was, but I have a feeling with Fran Foley and with the things Childress has said about TJ he is not what they have in mind for the future. Time will tell and if Brad Johnson keeps playing like he has been then we may get to see him proove me wrong.
    I don't know what to suspect. Part of me agrees with you Del. I think that Tarvaris could be Childress's little McNabb Jr. and his physical abilities and skills as a quarterback reflect that. On the other hand, it is kind of suspect when your director of player personnel gets fired 2 or 3 days after the draft, and the future of your team comes from 1-AA and wasn't supposed to be taken until the 5th round.

    I really have no idea what to think. I guess only time will tell.

    As far as Brad getting the hook goes, I think if we lose to Green Bay and lose the next one, and both of those losses are on the offense, then Brad gets yanked. I really hope he starts playing well though...he's a better quarterback than what he's been showing.

  9. #19
    ItalianStallion's Avatar
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,615

    Re: When, if ever does Brad get the hook?

    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    I have a haunting suspicion that the Vikings go after a FA QB, maybe Schuab or depending on the draft prospects draft another QB. I do not think Tavaris Jackson was drafted to be the future of the Vikings. I hope he was, but I have a feeling with Fran Foley and with the things Childress has said about TJ he is not what they have in mind for the future. Time will tell and if Brad Johnson keeps playing like he has been then we may get to see him proove me wrong.
    I don't know what to suspect. Part of me agrees with you Del. I think that Tarvaris could be Childress's little McNabb Jr. and his physical abilities and skills as a quarterback reflect that. On the other hand, it is kind of suspect when your director of player personnel gets fired 2 or 3 days after the draft, and the future of your team comes from 1-AA and wasn't supposed to be taken until the 5th round.

    I really have no idea what to think. I guess only time will tell.

    As far as Brad getting the hook goes, I think if we lose to Green Bay and lose the next one, and both of those losses are on the offense, then Brad gets yanked. I really hope he starts playing well though...he's a better quarterback than what he's been showing.
    Wasn't drafting Tarvaris Childress' opinion anyway?
    From what I remember, he was the one who went to all his workouts.

    Does anyone really see us winning game with Brooks Bollinger?
    At least with Tarvaris there is an unknown factor, so he MAY be good.
    All we know about Bollinger is he wasn't good last year, and he wasn't as good as Pennington, Ramsay or Clemens this year.
    So say what you want about him being the #2, but when three quarterbacks on a team are better than you, including a rookie, you should not be starting in the NFL.

    Bollinger is a paper #2.
    He's player who is only #2 because Childress found out Tarvaris was better than our old #2.
    I guarantee that if we were back in training camp Tarvaris would outplay Bollinger as well.


    I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

  10. #20
    Gift's Avatar
    Gift is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    811

    Re: When, if ever does Brad get the hook?

    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "Ltrey33" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    I have a haunting suspicion that the Vikings go after a FA QB, maybe Schuab or depending on the draft prospects draft another QB. I do not think Tavaris Jackson was drafted to be the future of the Vikings. I hope he was, but I have a feeling with Fran Foley and with the things Childress has said about TJ he is not what they have in mind for the future. Time will tell and if Brad Johnson keeps playing like he has been then we may get to see him proove me wrong.
    I don't know what to suspect. Part of me agrees with you Del. I think that Tarvaris could be Childress's little McNabb Jr. and his physical abilities and skills as a quarterback reflect that. On the other hand, it is kind of suspect when your director of player personnel gets fired 2 or 3 days after the draft, and the future of your team comes from 1-AA and wasn't supposed to be taken until the 5th round.

    I really have no idea what to think. I guess only time will tell.

    As far as Brad getting the hook goes, I think if we lose to Green Bay and lose the next one, and both of those losses are on the offense, then Brad gets yanked. I really hope he starts playing well though...he's a better quarterback than what he's been showing.
    Wasn't drafting Tarvaris Childress' opinion anyway?
    From what I remember, he was the one who went to all his workouts.

    Does anyone really see us winning game with Brooks Bollinger?
    At least with Tarvaris there is an unknown factor, so he MAY be good.
    All we know about Bollinger is he wasn't good last year, and he wasn't as good as Pennington, Ramsay or Clemens this year.
    So say what you want about him being the #2, but when three quarterbacks on a team are better than you, including a rookie, you should not be starting in the NFL.

    Bollinger is a paper #2.
    He's player who is only #2 because Childress found out Tarvaris was better than our old #2.
    I guarantee that if we were back in training camp Tarvaris would outplay Bollinger as well.
    I can see us winning with brooks, why not.
    Why is he bad?
    His stats are just as good as BJ's so what make him such a loser?
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Hook your Purple Brothers Up!
    By snowinapril in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-17-2008, 06:39 PM
  2. Video game aims to hook children on Shakespeare
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-30-2007, 11:24 PM
  3. Can someone hook me up with a sig?
    By Idahovike in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-16-2006, 09:15 PM
  4. someone hook me up??
    By shawn in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-11-2005, 12:41 AM
  5. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 09-28-2005, 03:36 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •