Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Whats wrong with Minnesota

Why cant the stadium pass after 10 years of waiting and watching? Cities around this country have built stadiums with no negitive effect. Is this just the way this state is heading? Do we really know more than everyone else? Or is it the complete oposite? I still cannot get over the fact people really think these stadiums will take money away from schools, roads, the poor, and what ever lame excuse these people come up with. The fact is no school has closed in this country because of stadiums, no highways had to be closed because of this. The reason this state needs to pony up is because this state directly brings in millions every year by having these teams, don't insult me by saying billionairs have to pay for it because they have more money and blah blah blah. If you don't want a stadium and have a real reason behind it, let me know. So far I have YET to hear a logical reason why these teams shouldnt recieve state help on building these very important projects.
    The state helps businesses all the time with finances, Best Buy, Target, 3M, Honeywell, Mayo Clinic, Mall of America to name a few private compaines with either mutlimillionairs or billionairs running the companies have recieved money for important projects. Now when these projects come up do these brilliant people open their mouths? There is NO difference between these great minnesota compaines/hospital, and the pro sports we have here. Both bring national attention to the state, both bring many jobs and important revenue to the state. The only difference is the people who have an agenda against people with more money than what they have. This is a joke, the twins should have been playing in their own outdoor ball park years ago and the vikings should be ready to move into their own stadiun any time now.
    Here is an idea, lets all take a time machine back to the early 90's when we sat on our thumbs and let the north starts leave(the state let them leave by refusing to do anything with the outdated met, norm green was force out) I still remember the tears and frustration with our beloved hockey team moving. Now the same thing will happen with the twins and vikings unless we, as fans force these people in st paul to do something. Pass the stadium bills now, or pass a bill prohibiting the state from ever using state money to ANY private company.
    We all like to bash wisconsin for being who they are, take a step back and see the progress they have there and the lack of that we have here.
    Sorry I had to vent, this is bugging me.
    You republican whore!

Re: Whats wrong with Minnesota

Amen PurpleRide. I do not think a Billionaire need support his own stadium, yes it brings them a good deal of money; but you are right, it also brings a good deal of money to the State and the county where the stadium is located.
    We can solve poverty today.

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

true that..

a stadium can only encourage economic growth..

except, the dumb dallas cowboys forced hundreds of people to move out of land that the city gave them.. ridiculous
    i m better than you, so just give up...

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

They don't learn from their past mistakes. After the Stars left is was only a matter of years before they realized their mistake.

So what did they do? They built the Xcel Energy center & brought in the Wild.

They will probably do the same thing with the Twins & the Vikings if they don't get their stadiums & leave town.

The U of M needs their own stadium also, but it's not like the Gophers can pick up & leave town.

They should bite the bullet, get all three done with & be done with it, instead of rehashing it every few years.

How many tax dollars have they wasted over the past 10 years just debating it? :wink:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

damien927 is offline Asst. Coach

nice post, PR! I couldn't agree more. It is a complete load of BS that we can't get stadiums built. The main guy that is speaking out against the Vikigns stadium is a fricken idiot.... I can't remember his name, so I will call him Mr. Idiot. He is supposedly a financial advisor and apparently isn't smart enough to put 2 and 2 together. A sales tax is a great way to raise money for a project like this. If you buy "unnecessary" things, you get taxed.... If you are buying food and clothing, you do not... If you can afford to buy a new car, you can afford to pay the additional tax. If not, you shouldn't buy the car.

Thanks Lotza!

wisc vike is offline Training Camp

Here in WI, we built a state-of-the-art baseball park for the (at best) third most popular team in the state. I don't see how a football stadium which would bring millions of dollars in for inarguably the most popular team couldn't have gotten done by now. It is just rediculous.

Formo is offline Team Alumni

"singersp" wrote:
    How many tax dollars have they wasted over the past 10 years just debating it? :wink:
    My thoughts exactly! Just get done with this crap already!!
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

The problem is that the tax payers are so worried about their taxes being raised they don't think of the economic increase it will bring. :cry:

Greed is the problem. Not out of MY pocket. :roll:
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

It's cheaper to build the stadiums now than try to convince the MLB and the NFL to give the state new teams if they screw this up and the teams leave.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Potus2028" wrote:
    true that..

a stadium can only encourage economic growth..

except, the dumb dallas cowboys forced hundreds of people to move out of land that the city gave them.. ridiculous
    I will have to do research on this, but I think I posted the article in a previous Stadium thread, where it stated that the Dallas community was making Jerry Jones pay for a third, the fans pay for a third in increased tax on the tickets the have been selling the last few years and the govt(state?local?) pays the other third.

Anyway, there are ways to get it done. People just aren't thinking outside the box.

I still think it is/was a hang up on the MetroDump contract for both the Twins and the Vikes.

I am with you on this PurpleRide, I think it is ignorant not to be getting something in the works for the future. I blame the politicians and then the people of the state.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast