Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: What's with the Vikes Defense?

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=54008.msg1014056#msg1014056 date=1257430792]
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=54008.msg1013996#msg1013996 date=1257425554]
    [size=10pt]Vikings' Big Plays Haunt Defense Again[/size]
    Excellent read My Farvish Friend.
    Much better than the local blogs...... :-*

But on the first play following the missed field goal, Favre dumped a screen pass to the left to Peterson, who took off up the sideline for 44 yards to the Green Bay 15. Three plays later the Vikings were in the end zone, sealing the game.
    That was successfull cause the ball was thrown were a RB expects to catch the ball.....

Key to that has been a No. 3 ranking in yards allowed per rush (3.5), up from 26th and more than a full yard better than last year (4.6). The efforts against Peterson in particular have been notable, because taking out his two long runs against blitzes, he had very similar numbers in the two contests (25 carries for 55 yards on Oct. 5; 23 for 43 on Sunday).
    Not sure about the rest of you, but that team is a OL away from being a contender again.
    Lets hope TT doesn't go out and test the FA market next year and fix that OL.

They need an RB and a Defense too.
    I hear ya.
    I was one who wasn't sold on that coversion being a success this year, but damned if it isn't getting close.

As to the RB, my guess is that a improved OL would help in that regard.

Long story short, a quick dip in the FA market would fix this team real quick.
    Sorry, but I just don't see it. I think the Bears are closer.
    Packers are a mid tier average team at best.
    Winner of the pre-season. Average at best.
    [/quote]
    Doc, you and V been drinking to much of your Purple Wine?

;D
    [/quote]

Who's been drinking too much?
    Quick dip won't fix a very average team.
    Though better than Chicago. Pack is 8-8 at best.
    Not much to brag about for the Vikings beating that team.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=V link=topic=54008.msg1014075#msg1014075 date=1257433571]

But on the first play following the missed field goal, Favre dumped a screen pass to the left to Peterson, who took off up the sideline for 44 yards to the Green Bay 15. Three plays later the Vikings were in the end zone, sealing the game.
    That was successfull cause the ball was thrown were a RB expects to catch the ball.....

Key to that has been a No. 3 ranking in yards allowed per rush (3.5), up from 26th and more than a full yard better than last year (4.6). The efforts against Peterson in particular have been notable, because taking out his two long runs against blitzes, he had very similar numbers in the two contests (25 carries for 55 yards on Oct. 5; 23 for 43 on Sunday).
    Not sure about the rest of you, but that team is a OL away from being a contender again.

I hear ya.
    I was one who wasn't sold on that coversion being a success this year, but damned if it isn't getting close.

[/quote]

;D
    [/quote]

[/quote]
    Say what you will, but that defense is better at this point than most of us thought it would be. Most of us would take Rodgers over any of our backups.
    They have damn good recievers.

Throw a tackle or two and a Gaurd in there along with maybe a RB and they are a new team.

The long pole in the tent is, will TT go ahead and spend in the FA market to fix it or will he again, rely on the draft.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=54008.msg1014085#msg1014085 date=1257434997]

I hear ya.

[/quote]

;D
    [/quote]

[/quote]
    Say what you will, but that defense is better at this point than most of us thought it would be. Most of us would take Rodgers over any of our backups.
    They have gol 'darnit good recievers.

Throw a tackle or two and a Gaurd in there along with maybe a RB and they are a new team.

The long pole in the tent is, will TT go ahead and spend in the FA market to fix it or will he again, rely on the draft.
    [/quote]

Perhaps, but a starting tackle or two and a starting Gaurd in there along with maybe a good RB is a new team, not a quick dip.
    TT is definately behind the 8 ball.

I've seen my share of hapless Vikings teams over the years.

I'm definately enjoying the 'schizm' in Pukerland.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    [quote author=V link=topic=54008.msg1014122#msg1014122 date=1257438280]
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=54008.msg1014085#msg1014085 date=1257434997]

I hear ya.

[/quote]

;D
    [/quote]

[/quote]
    They have gol 'darnit good recievers.

[/quote]

Perhaps, but a starting tackle or two and a starting Gaurd in there along with maybe a good RB is a new team, not a quick dip.
    TT is definately behind the 8 ball.

I've seen my share of hapless Vikings teams over the years.

I'm definately enjoying the 'schizm' in Pukerland.
    [/quote]

A top safety, a vet center, and a power FB and the Vikes are unstoppable.

Note: once TT has the tackles, gaurd, and RB he will then have to look for new corners as Harris and Woodson are on the verge of over-the-hill.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910