StarSaint is offline Training Camp

What's up with your owner?

You guys are like 5-1 and a probable contender for the superbowl and yet your owner wants to move to L.A...what's that all about? Is it just the $$ factor? And Tice is one of the lowest paid coaches too....I think the guy's earned his keep, don't ya think?

Well anyways, I hope that you guys get to keep your team there...you are great fans and deserve a great team like the vikings. Now, if this was philly .... I'd be all about them moving. I hate their team, I hate T.O. and their fans are pretty bad as well....

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Hey Star. To Red it is pretty much jsut about them money. Everyone pretty much hates him for what he is trying to do with the team. Also that he has not offered Tice a new contract makes me angry too, he has done wonders for the team (his contract expires after this year).

Thanks for the post man. Its always good to have support. Usually we jsut get a bunch of guys telling us how it doesn't matter if we do good because they wont be in minnesota for very long.
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

I'm with you on the Phillydogs.

Team will stay, Red will go.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

when it comes right down to it rich people don't like to lose money or lose out on money. It is not in their nature. If he was making what he feels is a fair cut, this wouldn't be an issue.

Teams that have moved.

Houston - Oilers
    Cleveland - Brown/Ravens
    LA - Raiders
    LA - Rams
    Baltimore - Colts
    St.Louis - Cards

Minnesota - ??????????????????????

Don't let it happen Minny. All you fans in MN have you called your local rep yet. It is your civic duty, get on the phone today.

The common denominator is MONEY/OWNERS

Size of the market is not a reason for leaving, it is the money. Greater Houston population is about 8-9 Million. LA is huge.

Size matters when getting a team though. I think that is why the league promised some of the cities on that list a team.

I can't believe that a team in LA hasn't succeeded.
    Why did they take the Cards to AZ?
    Move the Cards or the Colts to LA?????

Weren't the Saints in on this possible move scenario???

StarSaint is offline Training Camp

Saints were (and still maybe are) on that list, however New Orleans and the franchise are close on a plan to renovate the Superdome rather than building a new Stadium. Tom Benson (our owner) really wants a new stadium (to get more superbowls hosted) but lately it seems that a renovated dome may indeed do the trick. It's ironic though, many claim that Benson is a cheapskate and he would sell or relocate in a heartbeat, but everything he has done speaks to the contrary. I truly believe he loves New Orleans and is trying everything in his power to keep the team here.

The problem with us is we have an owner that lives out of state in a state where every other state is undervalued and looked at as being of lesser quality. Texas is it's own entity in many ways. I think it is because of the size. It doesn't make it possibly for people to experience and open minds to things outside of the state. People(some) live here and never leave the state.

The out of state owner has ties or loyalty here. What gets me is when Red can come out at half and smile and kiss ass and give a little speach for special ocassions and seem so sincere when complementing the fans.

Kiss Ass MoFo.

OWNER RED MCCOMBS want to take TICE on his OPTION for a fourth year even if Tice doesn't win another game all year. Talks have started.

Latest news.

He didn't have to say the part about not winning another game.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"snowinapril" wrote:
    OWNER RED MCCOMBS want to take TICE on his OPTION for a fourth year even if Tice doesn't win another game all year. Talks have started.

Latest news.

He didn't have to say the part about not winning another game.

Gee, I wonder why red would want to keep tice for another year??? Maybe because he is being paid absolutely nothing right now??? Just another sign pointing to red's cheapness. God I hate you red!

PhxFan is offline Pro-Bowler

When the Cardinals moved to Phoenix...they average about 30K fans in a stadium that will hold over 72K (and 1/3 of them at least, route for the opponent). Having a transplant team here was bad bizz due to 1.) Most here in this area were Cowboy fans 2.) They kept the Cardinal name...should of re-named (new identity) like the Wranglers, Bandits or something 3.) The Bidwells (owners) have maintained a cheap attitude about everything they do here (they handed management over to the son, he IS trying to improve the image. 4.) They came here with a losing image...and managed to maintain it!
    What will Minnesota do with a move? It's harder than hell to get a team back!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    The problem with us is we have an owner that lives out of state in a state where every other state is undervalued and looked at as being of lesser quality. Texas is it's own entity in many ways. I think it is because of the size. It doesn't make it possibly for people to experience and open minds to things outside of the state. People(some) live here and never leave the state.

The out of state owner has ties or loyalty here. What gets me is when Red can come out at half and smile and kiss ass and give a little speach for special ocassions and seem so sincere when complementing the fans.

Kiss Ass MoFo.
    So is Benson...both he and Red are from San Antonio and made their fortunes in car dealerships...common thread runs through them...they both like driving a hard bargain and both want to think that they always got the better end of the deal...the trick with them will be to make them think that they will get the better end of a stadium deal without giving away the farm!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE