Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ChezPizmo is offline Coordinator

What's the story behind the Giants almost ALWAYS being on the schedule?

Ok, always is probably a bit of an exaggeration, but it seems like every season I go to look at the schedule, the Giants are always on it. And it always seems to be late in the season. I don't have any problem with it, I'm just curious if it's just a coincidence or trend or if there's an actual story behind it. It's always a good game, and the Vikes have always seemed to have Manning's number, but Sharper's gone now and he knew most of the digits.
    [size=11pt]"The only thing better than food & football is maybe Brett Favre."

[size=8pt]

-John Madden on Thanksgiving while on "Mike & Mike In The Morning"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: What's the story behind the Giants almost ALWAYS being on the schedule?

Ya want to be the best, you have to beat the best.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

TrojanVike28 is offline Starter

Well, it's not really that hard to figure out, if we finish first in our division, and they finish first in their division, we play them. The same goes for 2nd, 3rd, or 4th place. Then, we play them if we face the NFC East. So, it is not guaranteed that we play them every year, but it does seem like we always play them late in the year.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"ChezPizmo" wrote:
    Ok, always is probably a bit of an exaggeration, but it seems like every season I go to look at the schedule, the Giants are always on it. And it always seems to be late in the season. I don't have any problem with it, I'm just curious if it's just a coincidence or trend or if there's an actual story behind it. It's always a good game, and the Vikes have always seemed to have Manning's number, but Sharper's gone now and he knew most of the digits.
    We went over this so many times in the past and I thought everybody understood how the NFL makes the schedule.

Anyways, here it goes again:

6 Games vs. Divisonal opponents
    4 Games vs. an AFC Division (rotates every year)
    This year we have the AFC North
    4 Games vs. an NFC Division (rotates every year)
    This year we have the NFC West
    2 Games vs. the other 2 teams that finished in the same spot in there Division as we did last year.
    So, we play the Giants and the Panthers.

I hate to sound like a dick, but this has been the formula for quite some time now and it is very easy to figure out who we play.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "ChezPizmo" wrote:
    We went over this so many times in the past and I thought everybody understood how the NFL makes the schedule.

2 Games vs. the other 2 teams that finished in the same spot in there Division as we did last year.

I hate to sound like a dick, but this has been the formula for quite some time now and it is very easy to figure out who we play.
    Man, what a dick

j/k - Thanks for the info!

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "ChezPizmo" wrote:

Damn you, you ruined the pp.o sequence.
    This thread was supposed to go on for pages and pages of drivel and then one person is supposed to destroy the whole thread with facts and logic and that post gets buried so the thread goes on forever.
    You should know better.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

C Mac D is online now Posting to P'own

"Prophet" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "ChezPizmo" wrote:

This thread was supposed to go on for pages and pages of drivel and then one person is supposed to destroy the whole thread with facts and logic and that post gets buried so the thread goes on forever.
    You should know better.
    I had a whole entry typed up that linked the Giants being on our schedule to 9/11...

All for nothing.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "ChezPizmo" wrote:

You should know better.
    I had a whole entry typed up that linked the Giants being on our schedule to 9/11...

All for nothing.
    Exactly.
    Ultra is a thread killer.
    He should know better.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"C" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "ChezPizmo" wrote:

You should know better.

All for nothing.
    Maybe you could still link it to one of the stagehands letterman has been boning.

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

1997* W 23-22
    1999 W 37-14
    2000* L 0-41
    2001 W 28-16
    2002 L 20-27
    2003 L 17-29
    2004 L 13-34
    2005 W 24-21
    2007 W 41-17
    2008 W 20-19
    2009 ??
    *Playoff games.

The last ten games against the Giants... We actually have a 6-4 record against them. They just happen to deliver losses to us in situations that we'd rather not take them.
    i m better than you, so just give up...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast