eelpout72 is offline Starter

What's with Raonall Smith?

I basically counted this guy out before the year started, but he seemed to have played nicely the past couple games. His interception was critical today and he's made some really nice plays. Its really good to see this guy, who's basically done nothing his first two years, play well now that he's finally healthy. I wonder how much of an opportunity he'll have to continue to prove himself when Claiborne returns. I believe that its his last year of his contract, so hopefully we'll see enough of him to base a decision on whether the vikes should resign him.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

I caught an EELPOUT once. Man it was an ugly sucker.

He just had a good game today. I would like to see mre of him also. I think Volek helped him out alot on the interception alot. But the good thing is that he was in position to defend which if Volek did see him, it would create more sack opportunities.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Give him a couple of games before we rush to judgement. He did look good today! Good job Raonall!!! :salute:

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Raonell has did more in the past three games than Claiborne has done in his last 9 games. Claiborne is fat and slow. He looked like a beast last year for the first 6 games but took a huge nose dive. He has become somewhat injury prone. I dont expect him to be back next year.

If tice puts Claiborne back in I'm gonna be very pissed. I think Raonell is a play maker and i've been itching to see this guy get a chance, and he hasnt let me down. Watch the film of the game against the Texans and the film of todays game. Hes playin very well. Putting Raonell on the bench would slow his progress.

Raonell is very fast and hes a beast of a tackler, i hope they decide to keep playing him.

Vikingryche is offline Rookie

Raonall

I agree Claiborne should not be back next year, we havent seen to much of him he has definitely been injury prone. Raonall looks to be a really good lb for us to have. He has played very well this year, he has been injured the past two years, so lets see how season progresses, to see if maybe he is injury prone. Go Vikes !!!! :cheers:

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Staff writers Kevin Seifert, Jerry Zgoda and Mark Craig contributed to this report.

From Startribune

Looking up

Coaches do not appear to be in a hurry to replace linebacker Raonall Smith after he turned in his second solid start in three games. Starting in place of the injured Chris Claiborne, Smith finished with five solo tackles while intercepting the first pass of his career.

He also broke up another pass from Titans quarterback Billy Volek, and Tice indicated Smith will continue in his starting role.

"I just wanted to carry my weight," Smith said. "I'm trying not to let anybody down. I'm trying to do my best."

I like this!!!!