Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Re: Whats is OWENS cyring about now & Would the Vikes wa

"Frozen Tundran" wrote:
    "Vikes" wrote:
    I gotta admit his contract does suck. But this comes back to that agent not making him a free agent in time. You know the problem is if TO was a cool guy the 49ers would have let him go nicly. But since he was JERK all the way to the end. They were like screw him. You know Randy did leave Minnesota on fairly good terms, I have not heard him say anything that was negative that was untrue. "RED IS CHEAP" yes this is a fact Red is cheap. Now the problem with TO is he wants long-term money. At 32 in the league his not going to get it. He missed his payday and had been a jerk and so now the NFL owners are like screw him, as they dance all the way to the bank.
    Yes, TO burned his bridges bigtime, and there's certainly reason to think he's a jerk. I'm not going to lose any sleep over whether he gets his payday, I just wanted to see if he had a case that might compel him to keep this stink up for a while, and I think he just might.

Isn't this fun to watch though? What delicious irony after being worshipped last year by Eagle's fans as the consummate team player (I am not making this up!) who was so badly misunderstood because the media conspired against him. TO has his own website and he's been posting negative crud on it the last month and snivelling incessantly about his poor family starving and how it comes before everything. He posts in all caps and has trouble using vowels so he comes across like a twelve year-old troll on a cheerleader website.

I wonder who would take him though? I heard only two teams were interested in Moss, do you guys know who the other one was? As the Raiders won't need another, who might be the only team willing to ante up for a top-flight reciever with a rep? (deserved or not, I don't want to argue Moss-he's gone and I don't care anymore)

I never did hear the other team, but wouldn't it be the perfect irony if it was Baltimore? TO burned that bridge too, so now he's stuck to lie in the bed he made.

Someone should win a Pulitzer for that kind of poetic justice...
    Yes I agree the TO meltdown is a little funny. I just don't understand why TO did not go to arbitration and get the inital problem corrected. Now he has fired that agent and has a bad contract.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Frozen,

I do indeed remember you. I also recall the aforementioned uproar caused by your pro-Viking comments last season. As you can see, a few loose cannons here will target anyone in opposing colors - regardless of their statements - and try and pick a fight. Hopefully, those people will actually READ what you've written before launching into a tirade about your failings...moral and personal.

And, yes I did pop onto Packer-Chatters. I found the people there to be quite polite. You too had a couple of hot heads, but they all steered clear of my comments - a fact I attribute more to my obscurity there than anything else.

The Moon: I laughed myself silly. I didn't think it was vulgar. I put it up there with the time that the Packers tried to pull a Lambeau Leap in the Metrodome (I think it was Freeman). Up until that point, they had beating the Vikes. That move galvanized the Vikes, and we pounded you mercilessly that day. The moon was a move that could have served as a launching pad for Packer-retaliation...of course, it didn't.

Living in Wisconsin, I ordered two versions of t-shirts with the MOON featured prominantly upon them. Most Packer fans simply shake their heads and continue on quietly when I wear them. I suppose that doing so is rather petty on my part, as I am OBVIOUSLY rubbing salt in the wound, but I can't be fair-minded and tolerant ALL the time.

As for TO's deal: Whaaaaaaaaaaa. Sure, the contract is end-loaded and he's not likely to see it, but he knew that when he signed it. I have a problem with ANY player who makes a deal, then wants to renegotiate later. They all want long term deals, but want the pay scales to escallate along the way...pretty selfish in my book.

The thing is, they have so much money already - many of the whiners - that it's all for status anyway. How many of us would LOVE to "Renegotiate" our car or home loans? "Gee, General Motors, I know I agreed to pay this much when I bought the Suburban, but it just isn't worth that now...you should drop my payments". What annoys me is that THEY get away with it ("They" being pro-athletes).

On top of a life that has already been filled with pampering and preferential treatment, they now want to be exempt from the rest of the rules that apply to us!??!!? Screw 'em. I hope Philly tells Owens to take a flying leap - not because it will hurt Philly, but because I truly believe they should. Just like what Green Bay did to MM. I respected the hell out of them for doing so. Not many teams take the "high Road" anymore.

Anyway, hope to read more from you as the season progresses. Pop in anytime.

Caine

"Caine" wrote:
    The Moon: I laughed myself silly. I didn't think it was vulgar. I put it up there with the time that the Packers tried to pull a Lambeau Leap in the Metrodome (I think it was Freeman). Up until that point, they had beating the Vikes. That move galvanized the Vikes, and we pounded you mercilessly that day. The moon was a move that could have served as a launching pad for Packer-retaliation...of course, it didn't.
    Revenge is a dish best served cold. That's the way it should work though, I'd forgotten about that attempt at the Lambeau Leap, that musta really hit to the quick...

"Caine" wrote:
    Living in Wisconsin, I ordered two versions of t-shirts with the MOON featured prominantly upon them. Most Packer fans simply shake their heads and continue on quietly when I wear them. I suppose that doing so is rather petty on my part, as I am OBVIOUSLY rubbing salt in the wound, but I can't be fair-minded and tolerant ALL the time.
    At any rate, we can have fun with this too. After all, it appears Vikings think the best way to score is to turn around, bend over, and drop their drawers in front of a Packer Fan....and we watch the Vikings fan cheer wildly and even print t-shirts commemorating the occasion. What an interesting bunch they are over there in Mosquito-land....
    :razz:

I understand what you mean, but look at it a little differently. While it's a precious moment for you, think what the families in Boston or Dallas thought watching the game. They don't know any of this, their emotions are not involved, they're just watching the game 'cause it's football. They might be rooting for one side or the other vaguely or it might just be on while they're eating dinner. To them it doesn't look like TO grabbing Pom Poms, it looks more like The Snake flipping the bird. That's what I meant, though I can understand if you can't divorce your seething hatred of Green and Gold to the extent you might consider how a neutral party might feel.
    :smile:

I prefer the stoginess of the Packers, though sometimes we can get carried away in the other direction. Guys like James Lofton and Mark Chumura got ridden out on a rail for just being accused, and once the facts came out it appeared we'd been a little hasty in our condemnation.

You see, we're the Good Guys, we have to be. There's no point being the Green Bay Packers if we're gonna act like we're the Cowboys--or the Vikings for that matter. :razz:

So that makes you the Bad Guys, and it's nice to see you're embracing the role. I think next year you might just swagger into Lambeau 8-1 or even 9-0 if you can exorcise your demons in the Meadowlands. On an all-time high, supremely arrogant; while we might just be struggling to stay afloat, having to put a new defense together from scraps, leftovers, and rookies.

I know what the Viking's theme song should be: The Imperial March from Star Wars:

Dun..dun..dun..dunda..da..dunda..da. DA DA DA DANDA DA DANDA DA.

We should play it full bore on national televison when you run out of the tunnel, and use the Opening Theme when the brave band of Packers emerges, including the FOX intro as that works out perfectly, doesn't it? Almost like it's been scripted.

Think on it now, wouldn't that be dramatic? Embrace your hatred, it leads to the Dark Side. You'll have the power of the Dark Side. We'll be a stuggling band of rebels, hopelessly outclassed, bookies giving double-digits, Steve Young mocking our chances on TV, just roadkill for the Imperial Star Destroyer Hornhead.

Duante Vader, unbeknowest to all really a good guy corrupted by the Dark Side, starts the campaign by strutting all over the field, crushing the helpless Packer Defense in his fist and disposing of it. Built like a death star, his power unstoppable and his execution merciless as he shreds the poor beleagured rebel Packer Band. It is soon apparent that no Force can compete with the power of the Dark Side. At the half it's Imperial Vikings 28, Rebel Packers, 10. A 'pallor wreaths the features of the patrons of the Tundra.'

Yet, when all seems lost a New Hope emerges, the wizened rebel leader Obi-Brett sings his swan song, sending Javon Skywalker deep into Imperial Viking territory time and time again on desperate forlorn missions to disable the menacing Imperial defenses which have yet to permit a 100 points for the season. A ruthless band of scum and villany, their infamy known throughout the galaxy.

In the end, one final desperate chance emerges as time ticks away to the inevitable apocolyptic destruction at the hands of Duante Vader, the Death Star. Obi-Brett has but seconds remaining until the end, he makes one last miracle happen as Javon Skywalker penetrates Imperial defenses with a bomb giving Ryan Solo a chance to deter Duante Vaders victory with a shot in the closing seconds that he sends perfectly within the posts and destroys the menacing Imperial forces!

Yes indeed, that's the way it should happen, think of the ratings!

Regarding TO, I certainly understand your assessment and agree with most of it. However I do have a little sympathy for football players, as their careers are so short, and when they are not oftentimes they end up with permanant trauma and many see their life expectancy reduced. The structure of the game gives them little choice where they will live and not much recourse when they find themselves in a bad situation.

Mostly I just like to watch Eagle's fan's suffer with this though. :razz:
    "He either fears his fate too much,
    Or his deserts are small,
    Who dares not put it to the touch,
    To win or lose it all. "

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

I don't know...I can't see Daunte saying, "I'm your father, Brett".

What I CAN see is the entire Viking defense taunting the Green Bay offense with the, "Who's your daddy!!" chant every time they pummel them into the dirt.

And, of course, you wouldn't want to compare too closely to Star Wars since;

1: Darth Vader physically destroyed Obi-Wan.
    2: Luke kissed his sister.

So, if it runs true to form, Daunte will somehow end Favre's career (Maybe hitting him in the head with an errant spiral?), and Jovan Walker will be brought up on incest charges (Adding to the Packer legacy of sexual deviants ala Chmura and Lofton).

But, it was a nice try...

Caine

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

I don't know...I can't see Daunte saying, "I'm your father, Brett".
    :lol: Now that is funny. I must say FrozenT that you are unusually literate for a packer cheesehead. You must be from someplace other than WI. :smile:

WWBGD

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

Why would the Vikes want that crybaby? We just got rid of a crybaby who was a better player than Owens. Wait..
    Unless we could sign him, then bench him for like, Five years. :twisted:

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

"midgensa" wrote:
    Good lord dude, are you just sitting at your computer all day!!! lol
    Let me say this, T.O. is nothing compared to Moss, no one in the league is, but, I cant say that I would not take him, he would definitely help us get toward our goal of Super Bowl glory.
    I do think that the Randy Moss mooning thing was HILARIOUS, hell I wish he has pissed in the Packers endzone, but that may have been pushing it, sad thing, Buck would have had to have had the same response because he so OVER-REACTED, but anywho, Moss rarely celebrates in the end zone, and outside of a few stupid, young kid mistakes he made early in his career, has really been given a much worse rap than he deserves, we traded him for the wrong reasons, but that is in the past now.
    I have every single touchdown Moss has ever caught on my computer.

Guess how many he celebrated in...

You guessed it. One.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

jdvike is offline Hall of Famer

"Del Rio" wrote:
    If having T.O guaranteed us a superbowl I still wouldn't want him.
    Im with Del Rio on this one.I dont care how much superbowl glory he could bring us.The guy is a first class a$$ho!e!!
    That interview where he squirted out some tears,did you see how he wiped one away with his finger, so we would see that they were real? give me a break!!! :wink:

bono is offline Hall of Famer

T. Owens ottytrain2: "more of a pusssy then brett favra,"?
    How say such a thing Favre even being anything close to that? There's no comparison betwix the two. Favre crys for JUSTIFIABLE reasons (i.e. winning a game...putting his whole heart on the line in a game...losing a game...losing a parent...spouse's caner fight)NOT OVER A CONTRACT!!! TO's tears are LOSER tears. Shows how arrogant and spoiled he is. If Reid gives him the boot, would I want the Packers to hang 'em high for him? ONLY if he plays DEFENSE!!! Heck, I'd rather had Moss sporting the green and gold than that guy (STILL HAVEN'T FORGIVEN TO FOR THAT GAME WINNING TD CATCH HE MADE AGAINST MY BOYS IN THE PLAYOFFS SOME YEARS AGO WHEN HE WAS WITH THE 49ERS :twisted: :twisted: ).
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456