ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: whats the matter with you guys!!!??

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=magicci link=topic=50027.msg892407#msg892407 date=1231231354]
    Are you guys blind? Whats the big problem??

You guys act like we did so horrible! In my eyes we had a pretty good season and something great to build upon!

.......snip

I have a lot more to say...but ill stop there for now. I was just kind of disappointed on all of your guys pessamism. You guys see a failure i see something great to build upon going into next year.

Minnesota Vikings 2009 NFL Champions!
    No need to stop My Sexy Little Pixie.

We won the NFC North Title for the first time! This was the best record the teams had since 2000! ..........Brad has gotten us a better record then we've had in the past 8 years.
    Hard for alot of the haters to swallow IMHO.
    Add that to the fact that this team loves him to death and play thier dimply buttocks off for him and you can see why thier vision is a bit clowdy.....

Again, don't stop. Keep on keepin on.
    also, one point that might squash some peoples arguments.
    Childress has gotten us a better record than Tice ever has...
    Not much better record and playoff appearances .... and Childress has had ALL the money in the world to work with.
    Where Tice had who???

Oh ya, pinch a penny sell ya a lemon McCombs.

You cant even in any way compare the two regimes.
    But what you can say is Tice took over a talented team.
    I don't want to hear they weren't talented when Denny got fired because that is crap.
    They were talented with players like Moss and Carter and Daunte.
    They just under acheived with a poor record.
    Childress took over a team that was gutted and in 3 years took us to the playoffs.
    If you want to use the can't compare card that would be true for every individual coach.
    They all have their pros and cons.
    Each one of them are different.
    True but Tice did win us a playoff game...

i agree you can't really compare the two but chilly did take an 9-7 team and get to 6-10... I think for the most part, CHilly gutted the team!!.. Remember the whole reason he came here.. bc we had the most talent.. what did he call it a "plum" job.. or something like that!
    [/quote]

We had a decent football team when he came to the Vikings.
    Every team has talent.
    Hell even the Lions had talent this year.
    He thought he had a franchise QB that quickly turned the tables on him.
    That was a curve ball right away and Childress handled it appropriately.

The big concern for the Vikings when they changed over was the lack of discipline and image off the field.
    The organization made the decision to gut the team so they did.
    That put us in what is called a rebuilding stage.
    A lot of HCs don't do well in theri 1st year.
    Some (very few) do as a HC.

Childress as part
    of the decision team brought in calibur players in which they continue to bring in every year through FA and draft.
    He has improved this team whether it is up to your standards or anyone else.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"ejmat" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=50027.msg892453#msg892453 date=1231250021]

You guys act like we did so horrible! In my eyes we had a pretty good season and something great to build upon!

.......snip

I have a lot more to say...but ill stop there for now. I was just kind of disappointed on all of your guys pessamism. You guys see a failure i see something great to build upon going into next year.

We won the NFC North Title for the first time! This was the best record the teams had since 2000! ..........Brad has gotten us a better record then we've had in the past 8 years.
    Add that to the fact that this team loves him to death and play thier dimply buttocks off for him and you can see why thier vision is a bit clowdy.....

Not much better record and playoff appearances .... and Childress has had ALL the money in the world to work with.
    Where Tice had who???

I don't want to hear they weren't talented when Denny got fired because that is crap.
    Childress took over a team that was gutted and in 3 years took us to the playoffs.
    If you want to use the can't compare card that would be true for every individual coach.

i agree you can't really compare the two but chilly did take an 9-7 team and get to 6-10... I think for the most part, CHilly gutted the team!!.. Remember the whole reason he came here.. bc we had the most talent.. what did he call it a "plum" job.. or something like that!
    [/quote]

Every team has talent.

The big concern for the Vikings when they changed over was the lack of discipline and image off the field.

Childress as part
    of the decision team brought in calibur players in which they continue to bring in every year through FA and draft.
    [/quote]

I'm not questioning Chilly's ability to improve the team!!.. I think he's done (wiht the exception of QB and WR) a helluva job!!... Improved the team dramatically!!!... I question his ability to coach it, develop it, and bring it together.... We're one of the most talented teams in the league... Do you question that?
    Do we play like it?? NO!!!

When we get our QB for next year whoever, it is.. i think it will be a make or break year for him... div. title or not, I think he'll be on the hot seat next year to make this thing work!!...

Bottom Line, our team is underachieving... I just want to see us compete, limit mistakes... We couldn't do anything in the 2nd half, and once that screen went for 71 yards, the team completely imploded, stuck their tales between their legs and waited for the time to run out.. instead of strapping up the boots, manning up and going back to work...

I think Chilly deserves another year, but i do think some offensive coaches heads should roll, including but not limited to the WR coach, O-line coach and O-coordinator....

ST coach, i'm 50/50 on bc i think the loss of Farewell was bigger than ppl realized.. we were solid last year in coverage.. the carasel at return man needs to go tho!!!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"V4L" wrote:
    AP is young and learning how the do these things.. Thank god we have Chester who is more then capable to do them

Next year I bet anything AP will
    be much improved in all areas

It's his 3rd year.. I think he will actually still have a minor fumbling issue

But the rest should be cleaned up and he will still drop a few while tryin to plow over 4 guys
    Learning how to do what...be a RB?
    Last time I checked he is a RB and pretty f-ing good.
    He should not have to learn how to hold onto the ball.
    If he couldn't he would not be in the NFL.
    He needs to work on it, not learn it.

The one thing he does need to learn in blocking.
    I would tend to think the Sooners were a heavy run team so he did not have to block as much.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    [quote]
    "V4L" wrote:
    AP is young and learning how the do these things.. Thank god we have Chester who is more then capable to do them

Next year I bet anything AP will
    be much improved in all areas

It's his 3rd year.. I think he will actually still have a minor fumbling issue

But the rest should be cleaned up and he will still drop a few while tryin to plow over 4 guys
    Learning how to do what...be a RB?
    Last time I checked he is a RB and pretty f-ing good.
    He should not have to learn how to hold onto the ball.
    If he couldn't he would not be in the NFL.
    He needs to work on it, not learn it.

I would tend to think the Sooners were a heavy run team so he did not have to block as much.

[/quote

I just think it's a dang shame that AD can't learn to run block, when you got guys, like Matt Forte, Kevin Smith, Marshawn Lynch, and other guys around the league, who have been in the league either for a shorter amount of time or just as long who are everydown backs... and AD has yet to be...

To me that's troubling and why he's not the best back in the league.. i'm more worried about his use as a 3rd down back than I am about his fumbling woes....

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    I would think he was *never* asked to block before he became a pro.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    [quote author=i_bleed_purple link=topic=50027.msg892680#msg892680 date=1231265648]
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=50027.msg892453#msg892453 date=1231250021]

.......snip

Where Tice had who???

[/quote]

Every team has talent.

Childress as part
    [/quote]

I'm not questioning Chilly's ability to improve the team!!.. I think he's done (wiht the exception of QB and WR) a helluva job!!... Improved the team dramatically!!!... I question his ability to coach it, develop it, and bring it together.... We're one of the most talented teams in the league... Do you question that?
    Do we play like it?? NO!!!

When we get our QB for next year whoever, it is.. i think it will be a make or break year for him... div. title or not, I think he'll be on the hot seat next year to make this thing work!!...

Bottom Line, our team is underachieving... I just want to see us compete, limit mistakes... We couldn't do anything in the 2nd half, and once that screen went for 71 yards, the team completely imploded, stuck their tales between their legs and waited for the time to run out.. instead of strapping up the boots, manning up and going back to work...

I think Chilly deserves another year, but i do think some offensive coaches heads should roll, including but not limited to the WR coach, O-line coach and O-coordinator....

ST coach, i'm 50/50 on bc i think the loss of Farewell was bigger than ppl realized.. we were solid last year in coverage.. the carasel at return man needs to go tho!!!
    [/quote]

We are on the same page here bleed.
    Although I don't believe STs should have been changed too much.
    Farwell is a great player and has a great nose for the ball.
    But one player shouldn't make or break the STs.
    When you break down STs it's about maintaining your lanes, not giving into a wedge then making the tackle on the caririer.
    I still contend that Klewe's inconsistency had a lot to do with poor STs coverage.
    He may kick it far but if it's not in the right direction or doesn't have hang time it will screw up STs all the time.

Hopefully we will get a new QB that can at least challenge TJ for the job.
    All we can do is see about that.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Zeus" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:

=Z=
    I did not want to go with "never".
    I am sure they did a play action pass at least once and he chipped the outside.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:

=Z=
    I did not want to go with "never".
    I am sure they did a play action pass at least once and he chipped the outside.
    You are obviously not a true fan of the Sooners.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456