Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 58
  1. #21
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,949

    Re: whats the matter with you guys!!!??

    "magicci" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Good post.

    However, when you say "you guys" it's as if you are talking to every, single member here.
    i know it's not everyone on this board but it seems to be the majority. its just the whole vibe i've been getting from browsing the forums.
    I'm not sure of the negativity your talking about... sure there are ppl that are always negative and then there are ppl that are always drinking the purple kool aid!!...

    The fact of the matter is, there are a lot of things to be proud of about this team...

    HOWEVER, looking at the BIG PICTURE, Chilly was supposed to be the cream of the crop coach of that year... he took a 9-7 team, gutted it (when he questionably didn't have to gut it that much) and took it to 6-10, then 8-8 then 10-6...

    YES, there is progress being made, but when you look at teams like the Ravens, falcons and dolphins and the 1 season turnarounds they had, along with the season we had...

    Bottom Line? We're underachieving... and that's what ppl are pissed about.. if we were playing to the best of our ability.. then i dont' think most ppl would be as upset about the coaching staff or what have you...

    The thing is, we're gettin more FA talent and drafting better players, only to get 2 game increases in our record, while still making the same mistakes that good veteran football win now teams aren't supposed to make..

    Other than say 3 players, our draft talent isn't developing under the current regimine, and especially on offense.. and if you look at AD, he's arguably regressed or stayed stagnant in some areas, mostly pass protection, fumbles, and pass receiving..

    So yes, there is alot to be proud of... but the expectations on this team versus how we played and more than anything.. how we loose, just kills people..

    You can say other than the Titans this year, the games we lost, we beat ourselves... Every single game.. and with the implosion of the packers, and gutless bears and lions, do we really win the division?...

    Look at the Big picture...

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    87

    Re: whats the matter with you guys!!!??

    Some Positive Posts Are Good To See!!!

    It seems like every year the "we are one year away talk begins" and usually we let down....but this year I can honeslty say if we make one or two acquisitions of this year we got it...this is why

    Defense....besides the days of the purple people eaters and the last couple we have never really had a top five defense, and even in the past years when we have had a solid run D but our secondary has struggled. not because we had bad players but because we had no rush to the QB....and you saw with the acquisition of JA that it completely changed....I think with EJ coming back no one can argue our already good linbacker core being even better (greenway and EJ both 150 tackle type guys)

    So obviously defense wins championships right, and with gordan and udeze back we will have depth and all around solid D that will help us towards that championship....and ofcourse those williams boys better keep fighting the courts!

    Offense....we got everything going for us here.....now addressing the QB, Tjacks did well you cant base shit off his first playoff game against a sick defense....and you cant say he wont get any better going through a whole offseason of watching film and continued learning, the kids works his butt off and I think the egg he layed in the post season will only help him.....Hes a dual threat, rocket arm and solid runner now he needs to focus on becoming more of a mental veteran (reads and decisions)

    And you cant deny that fact if we pick someone like Housh up to help with consistency in the receiving core (he always catches like 90 balls a year and thats and on bengals)....and if on top of anything he cant improve with that....
    If you put tjacks in peyton or warners spot with that receiving core he would be sick but right now we dont have all that consistent of a receriving core but if we bring in housh or another consistent receiver of his type I think hes got a real shot at becoming something.

    obviously an improvment at right tackle would be nice I say we keep Cook because he didnt do sooo bad this year just has some consistency issues that a year on the bench could help.
    and if Birk leaves it sounds like sullivan is coming around.


    So yes vikings fans we had a good year and we are making step towards greatness the fair weather fans want instant results and dont understand a building process god knows tice wasnt even close to building the team that Childress has to this point and tice had moss and culpepper (when he was good )
    so there is no turmoil within our organization.....everyone is positive and backs eachother (unlike the cowboys) soooo wilfs will come through and get us what we need and childress will get us a super bowl!

    SKOL SKOL SKOL

  3. #23
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: whats the matter with you guys!!!??

    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "magicci" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Good post.

    However, when you say "you guys" it's as if you are talking to every, single member here.
    i know it's not everyone on this board but it seems to be the majority. its just the whole vibe i've been getting from browsing the forums.
    I'm not sure of the negativity your talking about... sure there are ppl that are always negative and then there are ppl that are always drinking the purple kool aid!!...

    The fact of the matter is, there are a lot of things to be proud of about this team...

    HOWEVER, looking at the BIG PICTURE, Chilly was supposed to be the cream of the crop coach of that year... he took a 9-7 team, gutted it (when he questionably didn't have to gut it that much) and took it to 6-10, then 8-8 then 10-6...

    YES, there is progress being made, but when you look at teams like the Ravens, falcons and dolphins and the 1 season turnarounds they had, along with the season we had...

    Bottom Line? We're underachieving... and that's what ppl are pissed about.. if we were playing to the best of our ability.. then i dont' think most ppl would be as upset about the coaching staff or what have you...

    The thing is, we're gettin more FA talent and drafting better players, only to get 2 game increases in our record, while still making the same mistakes that good veteran football win now teams aren't supposed to make..

    Other than say 3 players, our draft talent isn't developing under the current regimine, and especially on offense.. and if you look at AD, he's arguably regressed or stayed stagnant in some areas, mostly pass protection, fumbles, and pass receiving..

    So yes, there is alot to be proud of... but the expectations on this team versus how we played and more than anything.. how we loose, just kills people..

    You can say other than the Titans this year, the games we lost, we beat ourselves... Every single game.. and with the implosion of the packers, and gutless bears and lions, do we really win the division?...

    Look at the Big picture...
    Our young players have regressed or aren't developing?
    Comeon my friend.
    If they have slipped it isn' because of coaching but rather just some boneheaded play or injuries (ala El Syd).

    Get on the Chiller and his staff for coaching decisions, but you can't get on them for actually coaching.
    This damn team has been in every game (minus a couple) since he got here.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #24
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: whats the matter with you guys!!!??

    "magicci" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Good post.

    However, when you say "you guys" it's as if you are talking to every, single member here.
    i know it's not everyone on this board but it seems to be the majority. its just the whole vibe i've been getting from browsing the forums.
    Welcome to the world of Viking's fans after a playoff loss.

    It's just how it is bro.

  5. #25
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,949

    Re: whats the matter with you guys!!!??

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "magicci" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Good post.

    However, when you say "you guys" it's as if you are talking to every, single member here.
    i know it's not everyone on this board but it seems to be the majority. its just the whole vibe i've been getting from browsing the forums.
    I'm not sure of the negativity your talking about... sure there are ppl that are always negative and then there are ppl that are always drinking the purple kool aid!!...

    The fact of the matter is, there are a lot of things to be proud of about this team...

    HOWEVER, looking at the BIG PICTURE, Chilly was supposed to be the cream of the crop coach of that year... he took a 9-7 team, gutted it (when he questionably didn't have to gut it that much) and took it to 6-10, then 8-8 then 10-6...

    YES, there is progress being made, but when you look at teams like the Ravens, falcons and dolphins and the 1 season turnarounds they had, along with the season we had...

    Bottom Line? We're underachieving... and that's what ppl are pissed about.. if we were playing to the best of our ability.. then i dont' think most ppl would be as upset about the coaching staff or what have you...

    The thing is, we're gettin more FA talent and drafting better players, only to get 2 game increases in our record, while still making the same mistakes that good veteran football win now teams aren't supposed to make..

    Other than say 3 players, our draft talent isn't developing under the current regimine, and especially on offense.. and if you look at AD, he's arguably regressed or stayed stagnant in some areas, mostly pass protection, fumbles, and pass receiving..

    So yes, there is alot to be proud of... but the expectations on this team versus how we played and more than anything.. how we loose, just kills people..

    You can say other than the Titans this year, the games we lost, we beat ourselves... Every single game.. and with the implosion of the packers, and gutless bears and lions, do we really win the division?...

    Look at the Big picture...
    Our young players have regressed or aren't developing?
    Comeon My Sexy Little Pixie.
    If they have slipped it isn' because of coaching but rather just some boneheaded play or injuries (ala El Syd).

    Get on the Chiller and his staff for coaching decisions, but you can't get on them for actually coaching.
    This gol 'darnit team has been in every game (minus a couple) since he got here.
    yes, i think some have regressed or arent developing... El Syd.. i know your a believer, but he has regressed, and where is AA?... TJ? - we all know about this...,
    2008
    the only one expected to contribute was tyrell and he did a decent job so the jury is out on this class

    2007
    AD - cool
    Rice - injuries ineffectiveness
    McCauley - hasn't shown much yet
    Robison - getting better, role player
    AA - rave reviews in camp but can't get on the field
    rufus alexander - p.squad? or is he onthe team?
    Thigpen - lighting it up in KC... unfortunate
    chandler will - ??

    2006
    Greenway - developing liability in pass coverage most of the times
    Griff - really came on last 6 games and played at a probowl level
    Cook - drafted entirely too early and has been a hole in the o-line
    Tjack - marred by inconsistency
    Edwards - solid player decent run stopper, but out played in pass rush by robison
    Blue - not on team

    so yeah, maybe i jumped the gun a little but i still think some of these guys should be developing at a faster rate...

  6. #26
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: whats the matter with you guys!!!??

    I love it! (NOT) A positive thread gets turned into a negative thread after just two pages.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  7. #27
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: whats the matter with you guys!!!??

    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    ....AD - cool
    ...
    I don't agree with that.
    I think it's pathetic that he comes out on third downs, come on, learn to pick up the blitz and block.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  8. #28
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,949

    Re: whats the matter with you guys!!!??

    "Prophet" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    ....AD - cool
    ...
    I don't agree with that.
    I think it's pathetic that he comes out on third downs, come on, learn to pick up the blitz and block.
    i agree, and i also think we tip our hand on offense when he's in the game versus when he's not.. that's why chester is able to pick up more consistent 4, 5, and 6 yard carries versus AD's 2, 0, -1, 4, -2, 40 yard gains...

    I actually think he's regressed... but said cool, for lack of argument's sake, since i posted my issues with him in the previous post!!.. but good catch!

  9. #29
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: whats the matter with you guys!!!??

    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    ....AD - cool
    ...
    I don't agree with that.
    I think it's pathetic that he comes out on third downs, come on, learn to pick up the blitz and block.
    i agree, and i also think we tip our hand on offense when he's in the game versus when he's not.. that's why chester is able to pick up more consistent 4, 5, and 6 yard carries versus AD's 2, 0, -1, 4, -2, 40 yard gains...

    I actually think he's regressed... but said cool, for lack of argument's sake, since i posted my issues with him in the previous post!!.. but good catch!
    He hasn't regressed.
    Its the OL I tell ya........ ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #30
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: whats the matter with you guys!!!??

    Sucks, suck, sucks, TD!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. It's Only A Matter Of Time
    By COJOMAY in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-24-2008, 09:20 AM
  2. whats up guys
    By jjhanson20 in forum Free Beer!
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-28-2006, 07:52 PM
  3. Whats up guys
    By Flash in forum Free Beer!
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-11-2006, 04:41 AM
  4. No matter what happens...
    By ItalianStallion in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-10-2005, 01:15 AM
  5. Does it matter if we win the division or not
    By Dragonship in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-14-2003, 10:16 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •