Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    magicci is offline Jersey Retired

Re: whats the matter with you guys!!!??

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Good post.

However, when you say "you guys" it's as if you are talking to every, single member here.
    i know it's not everyone on this board but it seems to be the majority. its just the whole vibe i've been getting from browsing the forums.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"magicci" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Good post.

However, when you say "you guys" it's as if you are talking to every, single member here.
    i know it's not everyone on this board but it seems to be the majority. its just the whole vibe i've been getting from browsing the forums.
    Vikings fans are very fair weather and have been as long as I can remember.
    While I admire the passion of fans that will log on a website just to discuss their favorite team, I agree with your assessment that there are more than a few that seem to be so negative on the team it's amazing to believe they are actually fans of it.

What you have to remember though is the Vikings have caused their fans a lot of pain throughout their history.
    I've been a fan for all my 30 years on this planet and honestly, they've been a disappointment for 30 years.
    I read something about 2 or 3 years ago... it basically said the Vikings, as a franchise, more so than any other team, routinely and repeatedly underachieve based on their talent.

It's hard to be a fan of a team that repeatedly breaks your heart.
    The Falcons game... the Giants blow out... 2 TDs in 2 minutes in AZ to miss the playoffs... and that's all in the 21st century!
    Bah... I think all Vikings fans are masochists... how else can you explain it?
    As such, they are kinky and warped and impossible to judge so let them be the way they want to be and support what and who they'd like to support.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

Bretto007 is offline Rookie

"magicci" wrote:
    Are you guys blind? Whats the big problem??

You guys act like we did so horrible! In my eyes we had a pretty good season and something great to build upon!

I have a lot more to say...but ill stop there for now. I was just kind of disappointed on all of your guys pessamism. You guys see a failure i see something great to build upon going into next year.

Minnesota Vikings 2009 NFL Champions!
    Good post.
    I just get sick of the building propaganda.
    Of course we are always building for the future and so is every other team in the league.
    Its a total cop out to say that every year.
    The fact is a head coach gets 3-4 years max to "build" his team then it is time to set sail with the team.
    The interesting thing is the amount of coaches that are able to obtain winning records in this league with less talent and in less time then Childress.
    It sure says something....
    Brad Childress is 1-6 in games played Dec. 17 or later.

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"Bretto007" wrote:
    "magicci" wrote:
    Are you guys blind? Whats the big problem??

You guys act like we did so horrible! In my eyes we had a pretty good season and something great to build upon!

I have a lot more to say...but ill stop there for now. I was just kind of disappointed on all of your guys pessamism. You guys see a failure i see something great to build upon going into next year.

Minnesota Vikings 2009 NFL Champions!
    Good post.
    I just get sick of the building propaganda.
    Of course we are always building for the future and so is every other team in the league.
    Its a total cop out to say that every year.
    The fact is a head coach gets 3-4 years max to "build" his team then it is time to set sail with the team.
    The interesting thing is the amount of coaches that are able to obtain winning records in this league with less talent and in less time then Childress.
    It sure says something....
    Chilly and Zygi weren't trying to build a team with a "winning" record... they are trying to build a dynasty, a perennial power house like the Colts and Patriots.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

VikingLance is offline Starter

We haven't done horrible.

We are the NFC North Champions.
    Everyone just wanted more than that, of course.

I think the pessimism comes from the stigma of "losing the big one".
    This team has improved.
    We've won 10 games. Some close ones, some dominating ones, and some that we came from behind to close the deal.
    The ones we win get us up.
    I was upset that NO ONE gave us any respect coming into the playoffs.
    Even the few who picked us to win had a disclaimer to go along with it.
    I was convinced the Vikings would prove everyone wrong.
    They kept the game close until the 4th and couldn't capitalize on the Eagles mistakes.
    As frustrating as it was for me, I can't imagine playing the game and being in that situation.
    (Nope, I've never been on a championship team, or a contender for that matter.)
    So when we lose the game that "the experts" say we are going to lose, I get even more pissed than normal, because we could've beaten the them.
    Who wants to see Donovan laughing on the field when there is still 5-6 minutes left to play?
    Not me.

So what is the matter with me?

I still love the Vikings.
    They are my team.
    They'll improve next year.
    It will be another rollercoaster.
    QB controversy, Second guessing the head coach, wondering why AP fumbles and why we can't run an effective screen.
    But that is what makes us so passionate.
    Would I want an undefeated Vikings team next year?
    Hell yeah.
    But each thread after the game would only be 9 pages long.
    What would we debate?
    Why can't AP get 400 all purpose yds a game?
    what the hell is wrong with him?

I found PPO this year, and I must say, It is a great site.
    I look forward to all the posts.
    I don't have many, but is a place to cheer, vent, or just hang out.
    My posts are optimistic, pessimistic, sarcastic, and wishy-washy.
    Sometimes all in the same post.

Q:
    What is the matter with me?

A:
    I am a Vikings Fan!!!!!! ;D
    SKOL

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"VikingLance" wrote:
    We haven't done horrible.

We are the NFC North Champions.
    Everyone just wanted more than that, of course.

I think the pessimism comes from the stigma of "losing the big one".
    This team has improved.
    We've won 10 games. Some close ones, some dominating ones, and some that we came from behind to close the deal.
    The ones we win get us up.
    I was upset that NO ONE gave us any respect coming into the playoffs.
    Even the few who picked us to win had a disclaimer to go along with it.
    I was convinced the Vikings would prove everyone wrong.
    They kept the game close until the 4th and couldn't capitalize on the Eagles mistakes.
    As frustrating as it was for me, I can't imagine playing the game and being in that situation.
    (Nope, I've never been on a championship team, or a contender for that matter.)
    So when we lose the game that "the experts" say we are going to lose, I get even more pissed than normal, because we could've beaten the them.
    Who wants to see Donovan laughing on the field when there is still 5-6 minutes left to play?
    Not me.

So what is the matter with me?

I still love the Vikings.
    They are my team.
    They'll improve next year.
    It will be another rollercoaster.
    QB controversy, Second guessing the head coach, wondering why AP fumbles and why we can't run an effective screen.
    But that is what makes us so passionate.
    Would I want an undefeated Vikings team next year?
    Hell yeah.
    But each thread after the game would only be 9 pages long.
    What would we debate?
    Why can't AP get 400 all purpose yds a game?
    what the hell is wrong with him?

I found PPO this year, and I must say, It is a great site.
    I look forward to all the posts.
    I don't have many, but is a place to cheer, vent, or just hang out.
    My posts are optimistic, pessimistic, sarcastic, and wishy-washy.
    Sometimes all in the same post.

Q:
    What is the matter with me?

A:
    I am a Vikings Fan!!!!!! ;D
    SKOL
    You might not have many but if you keep posting them like that, it won't be long before you move up the ole spreadsheet my friend.

Excellent post.
    Keep em coming.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I am so sick of the negativity on this board. And I'm partially responsible. Every year I hope the Vikes will win it all and I'm disappointed. But this post made me look at the bright side of things. We are getting better and maybe in my lifetime we will win the whole thing. Damn, if we just had a good QB and another WR who could stretch the field.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I am so sick of the negativity on this board. And I'm partially responsible. Every year I hope the Vikes will win it all and I'm disappointed. But this post made me look at the bright side of things. We are getting better and maybe in my lifetime we will win the whole thing. Damn, if we just had a good QB and another WR who could stretch the field.
    ...and a RT that can maintain his blocks
    ;D
    I hear ya Cojomay

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    i was happy with the season, i thought we'd goo 9-7 10-6 or 11-5 at best so we finished right where i thought, yeah there were moments i was unhappy with(clock management) but with the additions this year getting used to the team and the system, they should be better because of it and now get the offseason to put the finishing touches on how everything works.
    I hope we bring in a new RT, maybe sidney rice will be healthy during the offseason so he can grow, and i hope they bring in a QB to compete with jackson (who many are hating on, but he did quite well the last few games of the season when he came back in)

Cant wait for the draft!!

Thanks josdin00

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast