Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    magicci is offline Jersey Retired

whats the matter with you guys!!!??

Are you guys blind? Whats the big problem??

You guys act like we did so horrible! In my eyes we had a pretty good season and something great to build upon!

We won the NFC North Title for the first time! This was the best record the teams had since 2000! The defense is astounding, the offense began to get it rolling toward the end of the season. I dont know why you guys are calling for so many heads....

I think Zygi is doing an awesome job as an owner. He is getting all the pieces we need to be a contender, and doing what ever is possible to point this franchise in a better direction. Some of you guys complain that he's not a good owner because he doesnt know a thing about football...... SO WHAT HE'S THE OWNER! Thats why he has a group of people that he's working with so they can help him, its called a "Master-Mind Alliance" (think and grow rich). He doesnt need to know all that stuff his alliance is there to help him with that and in my eyes he's making all the right moves (especially compared to other owners in the NFL).

Childress should keep his job. He's structured a team together that is solid. He's molded his team into his vision, there are a few pieces here and there that he needs but its a great thing we have Mr. Wilf to tend to his and the teams needs. Brad has gotten us a better record then we've had in the past 8 years. Every year since he's been with the team they have shown improvement and based on these statistics we should have at least a 12 win season next year. He might bend for the team on a very minute scale but he does not break! That's the kind of leadership this team needs epecially to keep all these players qand ego's in check (did you guys forget all those ridiculous antics that we're going around and being associated with this team.... i thought so..) Those of you that complain about Brads offense i know where you are coming from, but like i said towards the end of the season the offense seemed like a whole different bunch from the beginning of the season, let alone last year. I know he doesnt care what you say about his offense, because his vision and his plans got us a division title and that's all that mattered, RIGHT? I know this last game against the eagles the offense sort of reverted but look at the defense this team was facing!! T-Jack might have had some problems but who wouldnt?? A secondary like the eagles is down right scary! and with a Coordinator like Johnson you know it's gonna be a tough day!

Thus here is my next point... T-Jack. You see a failure, i still see an abundance of great things. This guy is still young but he seems to get better. I have noticed the growth i dont know how you guys cant see it. During the game they showed one of his stats for his time coming back as a starter, the guy had 9TD's to 2INT's.... that seemed like a positive step. I read an article on Vikingupdate of him explaining that int. He learned that he threw the ball a little earlier and softer than he would normally so Rice can have time to do his route. Against an astounding CB like Samuel that wasnt really a great thing to do... but the point is HE LEARNED FROM IT!!
    I think Jackson will remain our starter unless there is a way better option out there for Childress (which i dont really see). But still why all the hate for this guy i see so much upside and some of it started to show. Coming from a Div-II school, with a rocket arm and laser acurracy, ability to make every throw, legs to get him around the field like a rabbit, the willingness to learn and get bettter, and at the end of the season you saw a different look in his eyes. Those were the eyes of a leader that knew what his mission was. This guy has all the building blocks of a stud! Now this guy has gained more experience and he knows a lot more now. Take a look at other QB's and base the comparisons on how long it took them to get fully groomed and become studs and see what they had to work with and where they were coming from...

I have a lot more to say...but ill stop there for now. I was just kind of disappointed on all of your guys pessamism. You guys see a failure i see something great to build upon going into next year.

Minnesota Vikings 2009 NFL Champions!

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Re: whats the matter with you guys!!!??

+1 magicci, just thought we were going to beat the Igglz, but you are right on with regards to our future. Tarvaris is starting to get it, we get EJ and Udeze back, a nice veteran pickup, and another strong draft we are going in the right direction. NFCN 2008 Champs!!

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"magicci" wrote:

You guys act like we did so horrible! In my eyes we had a pretty good season and something great to build upon!

We won the NFC North Title for the first time! This was the best record the teams had since 2000! The defense is astounding, the offense began to get it rolling toward the end of the season. I dont know why you guys are calling for so many heads....

I think Zygi is doing an awesome job as an owner. He is getting all the pieces we need to be a contender, and doing what ever is possible to point this franchise in a better direction. Some of you guys complain that he's not a good owner because he doesnt know a thing about football...... SO WHAT HE'S THE OWNER! Thats why he has a group of people that he's working with so they can help him, its called a "Master-Mind Alliance" (think and grow rich). He doesnt need to know all that stuff his alliance is there to help him with that and in my eyes he's making all the right moves (especially compared to other owners in the NFL).

Childress should keep his job. He's structured a team together that is solid. He's molded his team into his vision, there are a few pieces here and there that he needs but its a great thing we have Mr. Wilf to tend to his and the teams needs. Brad has gotten us a better record then we've had in the past 8 years. Every year since he's been with the team they have shown improvement and based on these statistics we should have at least a 12 win season next year. He might bend for the team on a very minute scale but he does not break! That's the kind of leadership this team needs epecially to keep all these players qand ego's in check (did you guys forget all those ridiculous antics that we're going around and being associated with this team.... i thought so..) Those of you that complain about Brads offense i know where you are coming from, but like i said towards the end of the season the offense seemed like a whole different bunch from the beginning of the season, let alone last year. I know he doesnt care what you say about his offense, because his vision and his plans got us a division title and that's all that mattered, RIGHT? I know this last game against the eagles the offense sort of reverted but look at the defense this team was facing!! T-Jack might have had some problems but who wouldnt?? A secondary like the eagles is down right scary! and with a Coordinator like Johnson you know it's gonna be a tough day!

Thus here is my next point... T-Jack. You see a failure, i still see an abundance of great things. This guy is still young but he seems to get better. I have noticed the growth i dont know how you guys cant see it. During the game they showed one of his stats for his time coming back as a starter, the guy had 9TD's to 2INT's.... that seemed like a positive step. I read an article on Vikingupdate of him explaining that int. He learned that he threw the ball a little earlier and softer than he would normally so Rice can have time to do his route. Against an astounding CB like Samuel that wasnt really a great thing to do... but the point is HE LEARNED FROM IT!!
    I think Jackson will remain our starter unless there is a way better option out there for Childress (which i dont really see). But still why all the hate for this guy i see so much upside and some of it started to show. Coming from a Div-II school, with a rocket arm and laser acurracy, ability to make every throw, legs to get him around the field like a rabbit, the willingness to learn and get bettter, and at the end of the season you saw a different look in his eyes. Those were the eyes of a leader that knew what his mission was. This guy has all the building blocks of a stud! Now this guy has gained more experience and he knows a lot more now. Take a look at other QB's and base the comparisons on how long it took them to get fully groomed and become studs and see what they had to work with and where they were coming from...

I have a lot more to say...but ill stop there for now. I was just kind of disappointed on all of your guys pessamism. You guys see a failure i see something great to build upon going into next year.

Great post magicci.
    All the pessamism you see are from all the Chilly haters trying to say they told us so.
    Nothing more, nothing less.
    I see it as a good year to build upon.
    Though I agree with your assessment on TJack I also wouldn't mind them bringing in a proven veteran to challenge him then let the best man win the job.
    It never hurts to upgrade.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

"ejmat" wrote:
    "magicci" wrote:

Great post magicci.
    All the pessamism you see are from all the Chilly haters trying to say they told us so.
    Though I agree with your assessment on TJack I also wouldn't mind them bringing in a proven veteran to challenge him then let the best man win the job.
    yeah i have no problem with a vet QB coming in to battle for the starting spot... as long as its an upgrade! hopefully someone with similar abilities as T-Jack to truly mentor him and show him what he needs to do so he can really polish him up.

"magicci" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "magicci" wrote:

Great post magicci.
    yeah i have no problem with a vet QB coming in to battle for the starting spot... as long as its an upgrade! hopefully someone with similar abilities as T-Jack to truly mentor him and show him what he needs to do so he can really polish him up.
    I'd like it to be McNabb but I dodn't see it happening.
    At this point I just want an upgrade even if it is a younger QB.
    We know TJ can come off the bench so either way it would be good.

Great points.
    I think the offense only looks bad because players don't execute it well (dropped passes, blown protections, mental errors, etc).
    Sure there aren't a lot gadget plays, but when the offense is executed it is a very good offense.

As far as the QB, I'm going to disagree with you on T-Jack.
    I'm not saying he will never be an NFL QB, but he shouldn't be the starter next year.
    Maybe he will change over the offseason, but right now he is the weak link in the team.

All and all I am happy with the direction of the team.
    I'll predict an 11-5 season next year, and hopefully a deeper playoff run.
    I only hope Chilly starts the team a little hotter, then the last two years, but I'll except it if the Vikes always get hot in November/December.
    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.- John Adams

"misplacedminnesotan" wrote:
    Great points.
    I think the offense only looks bad because players don't execute it well (dropped passes, blown protections, mental errors, etc).
    Sure there aren't a lot gadget plays, but when the offense is executed it is a very good offense.

As far as the QB, I'm going to disagree with you on T-Jack.
    I'm not saying he will never be an NFL QB, but he shouldn't be the starter next year.
    Maybe he will change over the offseason, but right now he is the weak link in the team.

All and all I am happy with the direction of the team.
    I'll predict an 11-5 season next year, and hopefully a deeper playoff run.
    I only hope Chilly starts the team a little hotter, then the last two years, but I'll except it if the Vikes always get hot in November/December.
    Excellent post.
    This is exactly what I have been saying all along.
    Coaches job is to teach.
    Players is to learn and execute.
    The execution is what has failed.
    Now there are times Chilly makes different decisions than I or most people would like but all in all he does a good job regardless of what others think.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Good post.

However, when you say "you guys" it's as if you are talking to every, single member here.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"magicci" wrote:

.......snip

No need to stop my friend.

We won the NFC North Title for the first time! This was the best record the teams had since 2000! ..........Brad has gotten us a better record then we've had in the past 8 years.
    Hard for alot of the haters to swallow IMHO.
    Add that to the fact that this team loves him to death and play thier asses off for him and you can see why thier vision is a bit clowdy.....

Again, don't stop. Keep on keepin on.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "magicci" wrote:

.......snip

No need to stop my friend.

We won the NFC North Title for the first time! This was the best record the teams had since 2000! ..........Brad has gotten us a better record then we've had in the past 8 years.
    Hard for alot of the haters to swallow IMHO.
    Add that to the fact that this team loves him to death and play thier asses off for him and you can see why thier vision is a bit clowdy.....

Again, don't stop. Keep on keepin on.
    Are you still drunk?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast