Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rookie444 is offline Starter

Re: whats with the culpepper rumors?

"skum" wrote:
    I think it all comes down that Teams want to give, sure a 1st round pick is not enough.. but lets say that Miami were willing to give Ricky Williams AND a 1st round pick.. that could maybe be to good to refuse..
    y the hell would we want rw?????????????? man already bailed out once and look at him...u can't tell me he aint smokin that crack pipe or bong. just another problem. pickin up rw would be the worst mistake next to the moss trade. lets look at our rb depth...memo, mo, ciatrick (with bennett leaving in the offseason). all of these are really good with ciatrick showing the heart and determination to bust through tackles like osmith did. why get a 4th rb and cause turmoil in tha locker room? plus with rw? maybe with alexander or holmes, but not rw!

Del Rio Guest

If Culpepper gets convicted of his charges and found guilty old Wilfy will have quite the problem on his hands.

I mean he is so dedicated to cleaning up the team, and yet he is so dedicated to Culpepper as well.

I think if the charges stick you might be seeing Culpepper moved, especially if the stadium is involved.

Rookie444 is offline Starter

nope

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

I think to say Daunte has no trade value is wrong. This guy had the best season of his NFL career last year. Teams knowing what he can do would take the risk of the trade. I really dont see the Vikings trading him. Hes young, got alot of football left to be played in em. Brad is the QB right now, but he'll be gone in 3-4 years tops.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Del Rio Guest

He definately has trade value.

I never listen to people who are so convinced things will not go down. These are the same guys blasting members for suggesting Moss would never be traded.

This is the NFL it's about cash. Now you can't have it both ways. People seem to jump on the Wilfywaggon and defend his honor saying he will clean up the team. Now he might have a major decision to make.

I still have my doubts Pep will ever play again, let alone for our team. As of now he is out of sight out of mind.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Exactly Del. I myself love Pepp and would love for him to return....but this injury is serious. Hes determined tho and I kno the kinda guy he is, and when he says he'll be back better then ever....then yes he will.

but right now its about good ole B.J.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I still have my doubts Pep will ever play again, let alone for our team.
    You are exactly 100% correct on that thought. I've been saying that ever since his injury and yet all I hear from so many PPO members is "he'll be back better than ever...we'll never trade him...he's our QB of the future..."
    Personally IMHO that's bunk!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    He definately has trade value.

I never listen to people who are so convinced things will not go down. These are the same guys blasting members for suggesting Moss would never be traded.

This is the NFL it's about cash. Now you can't have it both ways. People seem to jump on the Wilfywaggon and defend his honor saying he will clean up the team. Now he might have a major decision to make.

I still have my doubts Pep will ever play again, let alone for our team. As of now he is out of sight out of mind.
    If we do trade him then we would have to make a trade for a big name QB or snag one via FA or Draft. That's why there are so many doubters. Culpepper is a Quarterback and Moss is a Wide Reciever. A moss trade was believable because he was in a position that doesn't affect the outcome of the game as much as quarterback.

If Daunte recovers from his injury then I hope to see him in purple next year.

Del Rio Guest

I don't know what a difference fancy treatments make, what the best medicines do, what being a millionaire that can dedicate 100% of his time to an injury can do for you, all I know is when I tore my ACL it was bad.

I think Culpepper is a passionate guy. I don't know him so I can't really say. All I know is it's going to be hard as hell for him to recoup. If he pushes to hard he could hurt himself for good, if he doesn't push enough he wont be able to play.

I agree Cojo, this injury is extreemly serious. This is a career ending injury for many players in many sports. So I think taking it for granted that he will be back is a bit premature.

I hope he does get better, but I have serious doubts. No knock on Pep, just because his heart is there doesn't mean his hamburger of a knee is going to be better. He has a lot of hurdles.

I will say IF he does come back I would think he would be a better player then ever. He will be forced to play better ball.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I don't know what a difference fancy treatments make, what the best medicines do, what being a millionaire that can dedicate 100% of his time to an injury can do for you, all I know is when I tore my ACL it was bad.

I think Culpepper is a passionate guy. I don't know him so I can't really say. All I know is it's going to be hard as hell for him to recoup. If he pushes to hard he could hurt himself for good, if he doesn't push enough he wont be able to play.

I agree Cojo, this injury is extreemly serious. This is a career ending injury for many players in many sports. So I think taking it for granted that he will be back is a bit premature.

I hope he does get better, but I have serious doubts. No knock on Pep, just because his heart is there doesn't mean his hamburger of a knee is going to be better. He has a lot of hurdles.

I will say IF he does come back I would think he would be a better player then ever. He will be forced to play better ball.
    I agree completely. I don't know what we do if this injury ends up being career ending. Do we pull a trade for Rivers?

Culpepper as a pocket passer with a good o-line would strike fear into the eyes of opponents.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast