Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Re: whats with the culpepper rumors?

Let's play this game again (as if we havn't a million times already):

Let's say you trade CPep, your options are:

a) Keep Brad as starter: looks good for now, but really, is it the long term answer? no, not really

b) Pick up a high priced f/a acquistion like a Phillip Rivers, Joey Harrington, etc.. Hope they either know the system or pick it up fast. I think it answers itself.

c) Draft a QB. Then wait three years and HOPE he doesn't end up crappy while all our high priced f/a's from this year get older, slower, or leave.

Sidenote: The Vikes organization that many praised for being so "smart" this offseason would not make a dumb move like this AT LEAST UNTIL CPep came back from his injury and showed over a period of time that he sucks and can't perform. CPep is not expected back until AT LEAST training camp at the ABSOLUTE earliest. Most "experts" of his injury say you don't "Fully" recover from a torn MCL, ACL, and PCL for AT LEAST two full years.

So, any talk about a trade or release of CPep is exactly that, Talk. To sell papers, advertising, airtime, etc through the media that is always bashing this organization and that many of the members on this board ignore. So, why drink the kool-aid now?

If anyone can find any fault with these postions on this topic, please reply. Also, if I missed an angle, That makes sense, as to where they see CPep leaving in the near future ... please enlighten us.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Most "experts" of his injury say you don't "Fully" recover from a torn MCL, ACL, and PCL for AT LEAST two full years.
    So let's say that's true which I have no doubt it is becausae Kleinsausser took a year to return from ONE torn ligament in his knee. Pep had THREE! So let's say he isn't 100% (which he will not be) where is he gona be at. Can we even take a chance playing him at all because of weakness in his knee. Do you really think Brad is good for another year. Not with the pounding he's taking now. And who else do we have?
    I see several options here.
    I know Wilf says he will be back and that may well be so. But how much will he play and how will his mobility be? I would guess if he plays at all he will have to be a "pocket" passer for a year. Is our O-Line gonna be able to protect him next year better than this year. I hope so but I think there are a lot of question marks out there.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Most "experts" of his injury say you don't "Fully" recover from a torn MCL, ACL, and PCL for AT LEAST two full years.
    So let's say that's true which I have no doubt it is becausae Kleinsausser took a year to return from ONE torn ligament in his knee. Pep had THREE! So let's say he isn't 100% (which he will not be) where is he gona be at. Can we even take a chance playing him at all because of weakness in his knee. Do you really think Brad is good for another year. Not with the pounding he's taking now. And who else do we have?
    I see several options here.
    I know Wilf says he will be back and that may well be so. But how much will he play and how will his mobility be? I would guess if he plays at all he will have to be a "pocket" passer for a year. Is our O-Line gonna be able to protect him next year better than this year. I hope so but I think there are a lot of question marks out there.
    With the Brad arguement, I was saying he's good for another 2-3 years tops. Enough time for CPep to recover, come back, and either tear up the league or suck and be gone.

And with "Do you really think Brad is good for another year. Not with the pounding he's taking now." He is good for another year. As stated on this board as early as today, most know this O-line needs alot of help and I expect it to be one of, if not the utmost priority this offseason. M.Johnson is done for the year, but will recover. I really don't see Rosey back next year ... he has done nothing but get worse, instead of getting better. Herrera (sp?) either has to put up, or he will be gone also next year. The last games of this season will decide his future with the Vikings.

Personally, IMO I don't see CPep being our reg. season opener starter next year. Too early, even if he can get back on field, he will only face the same critiism he faced earlier this year when his knee was hurting him. So, being limited to a "pocket passer" only, will only make his critics scream louder for his head. He shouldn't step back on the field till he and this organization know for 100% certainty that he is fully healthly, so they can make an honest accessment of him.

zzbudzz is offline Rookie

b) Pick up a high priced f/a acquistion like a Phillip Rivers, Joey Harrington, etc.. Hope they either know the system or pick it up fast. I think it answers itself
    please ,please, please don't get joey harrington
    who picked the colors of piss and puke for thier team colors?.....ok i ll give ya one guess

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Earlier this week fox had the rumor Tice would be in Detroit with Millen next year.....now that would be umm interesting

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

"vikinggreg" wrote:
    Earlier this week fox had the rumor Tice would be in Detroit with Millen next year.....now that would be umm interesting
    :lol: that is sooo funny. putting all the meatheads together....

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

rumors are rumors. and nothing much more. they are still rumors until they come true, and there is no way culpepper is leaving us. and if he does i might quit life.
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    So, why drink the kool-aid now?
    because kool-aid owns and its sooo good
    We're bringing purple back.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Screw that rumor...what about the rumors that Gregg Williams and Jack Del Rio might be available...Wilf had better take a shot at them if they come on the market. Unless Fisher or Jimmy Johnson become available that is!

I know at least ONE PP.O'er that would be elated if we got Jack!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Screw that rumor...what about the rumors that Gregg Williams and Jack Del Rio might be available...Wilf had better take a shot at them if they come on the market. Unless Fisher or Jimmy Johnson become available that is!

I know at least ONE PP.O'er that would be elated if we got Jack!!!
    Who would that be? :scratch: :razz:

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

I think it all comes down that Teams want to give, sure a 1st round pick is not enough.. but lets say that Miami were willing to give Ricky Williams AND a 1st round pick.. that could maybe be to good to refuse..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast