Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: What's the 98 deal?

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    Because Moss was drafted by the Vikings in '98,
    silly.

And it's well documented that most older fans don't like Moss.
    That is completely false.
    Most fans liked Moss when he was on the team.
    He left.
    People that have been around have seen a lot of good players come and go and they continue to follow the team.
    There is a group of fans that whined, and some continue to, about a single player leaving the team.
    It's not about not liking Moss, it's about moving on.

We all began to like the Vikings for a variety of reasons, no problem with that.
    The folks that follow the team for the sake of an individual player come and go.
    I, for one, won't shed a tear when they leave.
    Most of us on this site are here for the long haul, which will make the SB championship that much sweeter.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Yeah, but I'm from MD and I hate the Ravens. I live in Philly now and don't really care about the Eagles. I hope they win just so I don't have to hear everyone wine about it. If it wouldn't have been for my mom, I probably would be a Redskins fan. You don't understand how crazy she is about the Vikes. She went to the end of a meeting for some black woman's group (she's white) just to meet the guest speaker, Chuck Foreman. She got him to sign a jersey though. lol
    Wait, if there's cat food in this bag............................
    I HAVE TO CHECK ON JOLLY!!!!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"FreakinVikingsBaby" wrote:
    Yeah, but I'm from MD and I hate the Ravens. I live in Philly now and don't really care about the Eagles. I hope they win just so I don't have to hear everyone wine about it. If it wouldn't have been for my mom, I probably would be a Redskins fan. You don't understand how crazy she is about the Vikes. She went to the end of a meeting for some black woman's group (she's white) just to meet the guest speaker, Chuck Foreman. She got him to sign a jersey though. lol
    So she only went to the end.
    Uh huh....

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"Acumen" wrote:
    silly.

He left.
    People that have been around have seen a lot of good players come and go and they continue to follow the team.
    There is a group of fans that whined, and some continue to, about a single player leaving the team.

We all began to like the Vikings for a variety of reasons, no problem with that.
    The folks that follow the team for the sake of an individual player come and go.
    Most of us on this site are here for the long haul, which will make the SB championship that much sweeter.
    He "left", sure. However, it was the manner in which he "left". Remember the greazy, old, fat, red-headed rich guy that couldn't handle the criticism?

"Acumen" wrote:
    silly.

He left.

He "left", sure. However, it was the manner in which he "left". Remember the greazy, old, fat, red-headed rich guy that couldn't handle the criticism?
    My Moss debate in this thread ends with this post.

Guess what?
    He is not on the team anymore.
    Guess what?
    I do not care.
    Guess what?
    It happened years ago.
    Guess what?
    He ain't coming back.
    Guess what?
    I am still a fan of the Vikings and have seen better players than Moss leave.

Go Vikings!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

it happens all the time in sports, music, whatever.

older fans have a superiority complex when it comes to newer fans.

when a band has a hit song, all the old fans talk about how they were fans before the hit.

when a sports team does good, all the older fans talk down to new fans.

myself, the earliest viking game i remember was in '97 when we beat the giants in the playoffs. so im in the '98 fan area. im not a bandwagon fan at all. my parents never watched the vikings and my friends never did either. it was something i gravitated to myself. so the '98 season was what sparked my interest. ive never missed a game except for a few times because of work only.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I started to really root hard for the Vikes at the beginning of the 98 year. I had been kinda a fan before then because my mom was die hard. In fact, I learned all my cuss words from watching what she would say when the Vikings did poorly. Anyway, what's the deal with the undercurrent of disdain for the 98fans?-Yeah you like that fancy smancy Anglish right thurr?
    The disdain should be reserved ONLY for those who have since left the Vikings rooting section...anyone who has stuck with the Vikes through our latest string deserves the same respect as any other longer-term fan!

Congrats, FVB...not only for sticking with the Vikes...but also for avoiding the wrath of your moms!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"Acumen" wrote:
    "Acumen" wrote:
    silly.

He left.

My Moss debate in this thread ends with this post.

Guess what?
    He is not on the team anymore.
    Guess what?
    I do not care.
    Guess what?
    It happened years ago.
    Guess what?
    He ain't coming back.
    Guess what?
    I am still a fan of the Vikings and have seen better players than Moss leave.

Go Vikings!

Did I mention Moss haters are intolerable....jeez.

One guy asks a question, another answers it, and the whole thread blows up.

"cajunvike" wrote:
    I started to really root hard for the Vikes at the beginning of the 98 year. I had been kinda a fan before then because my mom was die hard. In fact, I learned all my cuss words from watching what she would say when the Vikings did poorly. Anyway, what's the deal with the undercurrent of disdain for the 98fans?-Yeah you like that fancy smancy Anglish right thurr?
    The disdain should be reserved ONLY for those who have since left the Vikings rooting section...anyone who has stuck with the Vikes through our latest string deserves the same respect as any other longer-term fan!

Congrats, FVB...not only for sticking with the Vikes...but also for avoiding the wrath of your moms!
    There isn't a person that doesn't agree with that.
    Some people just selectively read posts and only read the sentences that they want and contrive a whole new hypothesis based on nothing.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Good for your moms!!!
    Now SHE IS TRULY a hard-core Vikes fan!!!
    And it looks like you will be a chip off of the block!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast