Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    purplepat is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    I think I'm having a hard time taking off my purple glasses...I want to look at it more as a who do I think helps the Vikings most, rather than an overall big board...
    I really think this was the OP's point...the Vikings big board. The Vikings really don't need an OT, unless you could play that OT at LG, or move Kalil to LG and play the OT at LT. It's the board of who you would have the Vikings select.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

drewlovs is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepat View Post
    I really think this was the OP's point...the Vikings big board. The Vikings really don't need an OT, unless you could play that OT at LG, or move Kalil to LG and play the OT at LT. It's the board of who you would have the Vikings select.
    Yes.

I just don't see the vikings taking a OT with any first round picks they have or might acquire, even in he is the BPA. In that case, you trade back, you don't take the BPA and pass on a need.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    But a serious upgrade at LG would make Peterson and our QB better, and, Like his father, Mathews has played all over the OL and done quite well at guard. You might say he has additional value for being able to play OT in a pinch too.

Really, I agree, spending a top ten pick on a Guard is a bit of an extra luxury pick having a top five guy at LT already, all I'm saying, is that the case could be made that he was the BPA who would help us the most if we were stuck at 8 and the QBs and Mack and Clowney are gone...
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12