Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: What are your thoughts on booing at games?

"Del" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    I've never booed any of my teams and I never will. I don't really respect a fan that can cheer and boo in the same game, but that's just me and I have seen it plenty.

That being said of course you have the right to boo.
    I never boo my team. I sometimes boo individual players. I've boo'd Smoot, and Brad Johnson on seperate occasions.

Are we considering that the same thing?
    I am talking about a mass booing of the entire team. Like say if we go 3 and out and everyone boos I am not a fan of it personally. Especially when 3 minutes before the same people may have been cheering. It's just my own personal beef.

I think people should boo if they feel the need.
    All right i understand that. I don't ever boo the team as a whole and I would never boo a part of the team when i'm actually at the game.

From home and at games I boo-

Refs
    Opposing players.

From home only I will boo-

Refs
    Opposing players
    some individual vikings AT TIMES

For instance-
    Troy drops a pass that's right in his hands that would have kept the drive alive. Booing should be expected after that.

You people that saying booing can never help are completely wrong. I was a safety in hs-i missed a tackle and gave up a td in the 2ndquarter they booed the hell outta me. I came back by knocking a reciever out of the game(best football hit of my life too) getting 2 picks and taking one of them back to the 10. I was on fire because in my head i was like f-these people and was just plain pissed at them and myself. As for Philly fans, the Garcia incident was crap but I have to love em. No matter if they are booing or cheering, they are keeping it going strong till the end of the 4th. It's also not as bad as people think. You might get a lot of people yelling at you, but no one is going to throw beer on you or fight you unless you say something you really shouldn't.
    Wait, if there's cat food in this bag............................
    I HAVE TO CHECK ON JOLLY!!!!

Del Rio Guest

"FreakinVikingsBaby" wrote:
    You people that saying booing can never help are completely wrong. I was a safety in hs-i missed a tackle and gave up a td in the 2ndquarter they booed the hell outta me. I came back by knocking a reciever out of the game(best football hit of my life too) getting 2 picks and taking one of them back to the 10. I was on fire because in my head i was like f-these people and was just plain pissed at them and myself. As for Philly fans, the Garcia incident was crap but I have to love em. No matter if they are booing or cheering, they are keeping it going strong till the end of the 4th. It's also not as bad as people think. You might get a lot of people yelling at you, but no one is going to throw beer on you or fight you unless you say something you really shouldn't.
    The Philly fans that booed Santa? That have been seen throwing D batteries at the back of fellow fans heads, that have a court and holding cell built into their stadium? Those fans? lol

Yeah baby, those fans. I love that stadium. I've been to two Eagles games and none of them were against the Vikes. When they do play them-I'll tell you how bad it is from an away teams perspective. Every time I went there I was cheering for the Eagles because they were playing the fudgepackers or I didn't really care about the game and just had a free ticket. I didn't see people getting stuff thrown at them for being the away teams fans. They might get yelled at or told STFU pretty harshly, but with the jail underneath people stay ok. Half of the crap they boo at is just to get on sportscenter I swear. They sit there and go, "It's not worth booing, oh wait were philly fans. HEY F-U SANTA CLAUS!!!"
    Wait, if there's cat food in this bag............................
    I HAVE TO CHECK ON JOLLY!!!!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Bretto" wrote:
    What are other peoples thoughts on the subject?
    My thoughts are well documented in other threads.

To summarize:

* The Vikings exist to provide entertainment to me.
    (And many others, of course)

* I pay my money to them to provide a certain level of play.

* When that level of play does not meet my standards, and I am not receiving the value for my dollar which is expected, I will lustily boo when I feel it is appropriate.

Thank you,
    =Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

If you get off on booing, then boo away.
    I could care less.
    Some people like to scream in your ears during commercial breaks.
    It is the one time each week where your job title is 'Fanatic'.
    That pretty much leaves it wide open,
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

If your booing a guy named Brad then Boo away. Boo away.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Boo when calls are bad...boo when players make bad plays...boo when the OTHER team comes onto the field.
    We should never boo our own players for what they did the game before...they need to be encouraged to step up and not make the same mistakes...part of being a fan is supporting your team...and not criticizing them until they screw up...THEN let the boos fly.
    It's like training a dog...if you don't let them know RIGHT THEN AND THERE that they screwed up, they won't get the message.
    If you wait until later, they won't understand why you are dogging them.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

Booing is always allowed, but i won't boo at my own team
    booing when the other teams is on Offense is always Ok, but myself i won't boo at childress when he makes in my eyes a bad call, i just curse the shit out of him in my head. sometimes i make moves with that like i wanne kill him or wanne kick his ass
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

Bretto is offline Rookie

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "Bretto" wrote:
    What are other peoples thoughts on the subject?
    My thoughts are well documented in other threads.

To summarize:

* The Vikings exist to provide entertainment to me.
    (And many others, of course)

* I pay my money to them to provide a certain level of play.

* When that level of play does not meet my standards, and I am not receiving the value for my dollar which is expected, I will lustily boo when I feel it is appropriate.

Thank you,
    =Z=
    Any given sunday the worst team can beat the best team.
    Nothing is guaranteed.
    By spending the money on the ticket you are by no right guaranteed a win or even a good game. No where on the ticket does it state your entertainment will be guaranteed.
    Its a risk everyone should understand everytime they go to a game.
    If you are not willing to accept this risk you shouldn't be going to games.
    I paid big money to go to that monday night game against the patriots.
    It was actually the worst game I have ever been to but I didn't boo.
    To me it is like immature whinning and sends the message to your team that you don't support them.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast