Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: What are your thoughts on booing at games?

"darkflood" wrote:
    "FreakinVikingsBaby" wrote:
    I say hell yeah you can boo them. If they are aren't playing up to potential you boo and if they do good you cheer. You stay loud all game and yeah that's what you do. The hell if I'm paying $75+ for a ticket and not being able to boo. I think that there are 2-3 times every year that I could see myself throwing something if I went to the game. As far as Eagles fans go, I gotta love em.
    So you think it's okay to throw things on the field, throw things at and spill things on the other teams players, coaches, and fans? How old are you? We all get excited about the Vikings, but this is JUST A GAME! I personally don't want to be at all compared to the donkey butt fans in Philly or Oakland. If you can't go see a game and enjoy yourself for fear of retribution, what's the point?
    Agreed, I can understand home fans booing if they're not happy with what is happening on the field - remember being at the Dome for the Giants game is '02 when Pep got benched for Bouman in the second half. Shouting at the opposing team players is fine but throwing things is a definite no-no and shows a complete lack of claas - as does abusing away fans in the stands. Leave all that sort of nonsense for Philly fans to do.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I've voiced my opinion about this before.. and gotten bood.

I absolutely won't boo the Vikings.
    I will boo the refs and the opposing team, but never the Vikings.
    I don't think it accomplishes anything except for making the fans look like asshats.
    It certainly doesn't send any message to the team.
    "Oh wait, the crowd is unhappy?
    Well in that case I better step up my game..." :
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

You are the fans and you expect greatness. We are not here to watch them play like crap and lose games.
    We all want to win and finally see a super bowl champ. I think we have a right to boo.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

I can't remember a specific time where I booed the team.
    I've chided the coach a number of times, like when there is poor clock management, and probably a player or two if their effort seems to be lacking, or their heads are not in the game.
    I'm not sure if that constitutes booing though.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"marstc09" wrote:
    You are the fans and you expect greatness. We are not here to watch them play like crap and lose games.
    We all want to win and finally see a super bowl champ. I think we have a right to boo.
    Of course you have the right to boo.
    Anyone that pays to watch the game has that right.
    My argument is that is simply doesn't accomplish anything positive.
    In fact, I think it probably has negative effects on the home team when their own fans start booing them.
    I know they are professionals who are coached to ignore the crowd, but everybody is human.
    So in effect, a lot of booing fans can make some of our players play worse...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Del Rio Guest

I've never booed any of my teams and I never will. I don't really respect a fan that can cheer and boo in the same game, but that's just me and I have seen it plenty.

That being said of course you have the right to boo.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"Del" wrote:
    I've never booed any of my teams and I never will. I don't really respect a fan that can cheer and boo in the same game, but that's just me and I have seen it plenty.

I never boo my team. I sometimes boo individual players. I've boo'd Smoot, and Brad Johnson on seperate occasions.

Are we considering that the same thing?

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

IMO, it is acceptible to boo the following:

Refs when they're making bad calls (mainly against your team)
    Opposing players when they're being jack@sses

The only time I would ever boo my team, is when they're giving up and the game's not over.
    For instance, down by 10 points, with 5 mins left, and 0 timeouts remaining, it's 3rd and 13, they run a draw and get 2 yards, then even as unlikely as converting a 4th and 11 is, they punt, essentially giving up the game unless the other teams commits a huge error.
    Even in that sense, you're not booing the team (or shouldn't be at least), you're booing the situation.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

Del Rio Guest

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

I never boo my team. I sometimes boo individual players. I've boo'd Smoot, and Brad Johnson on seperate occasions.

Are we considering that the same thing?
    I am talking about a mass booing of the entire team. Like say if we go 3 and out and everyone boos I am not a fan of it personally. Especially when 3 minutes before the same people may have been cheering. It's just my own personal beef.

I think people should boo if they feel the need.

ChezPizmo is offline Coordinator

I don't mind booing to a certain extent. If you're upset about something that happened, an "aww, c'mon!" type boo is expected.

What I CANNOT stand is Philly fans and the way they boo.
    Eagle fans remind me of a spoiled rich kid that expects everything to go there way. The rich kid that likes putting other people down and is always in that bad mood for no real reason.
    Like when Garcia, a quarterback that has been doin' quite the job replacing McNabb, got booed after taking 2 real hard legal hits and DECIDING TO STAY IN THE GAME!
    I saw a shot of a couple of fans in all there green doing the "baby cry" and wiping their eyes in response to it.

Seriously...
    :-X
    [size=11pt]"The only thing better than food & football is maybe Brett Favre."

[size=8pt]

-John Madden on Thanksgiving while on "Mike & Mike In The Morning"

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast