Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
    Bretto is offline Rookie

What are your thoughts on booing at games?

I for one don't like it.
    When it happens I tend to feel a little uncomfortable and embrassed.
    I was at the New England game this year and I remember feeling embrassed to be a Vikings fan when that one stupid idiot threw the beer bottle in the end zone for the whole world to see.

I am all for talking about how much your team sucks with other people but it just seems so rude, distasteful, and disrespectful to boo your own team at the game.

I was born and raised to love the Vikings and at times they fustrate me and I need to complain and vent with other fans but I would never sink to the level of booing my beloved team especially in our very own stadium.

What are other peoples thoughts on the subject?

darkflood is offline Starter

Re: What are your thoughts on booing at games?

I believe that booing is O.K.; we're the ones paying for the entertainment. As far as bottles and stuff being thrown, I agree with you. That is complete horseshit, and we are not Eagles fans. It's O.K. to voice your opinion, but I thing throwing stuff on the field is WAY out of bounds.
    WELL, I LL ASK HIM, BUT I DON T THINK HE WILL BE VERY KEEN. UH, HE S ALREADY GOT ONE, YOU SEE.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

refs, opposing players, hershel walker, and santa clause are the only ones to be booed

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"WVV" wrote:
    refs, opposing players, hershel walker, and santa clause are the only ones to be booed
    Haha...that's a good list there.

Rambro is offline Rookie

"WVV" wrote:
    Crazy how one of the draft picks we traded away to get Herschel Walker was used to get Emmit Smith.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"WVV" wrote:
    Add guys racing in giant Tony Kornheiser suits to the list.

I say hell yeah you can boo them. If they are aren't playing up to potential you boo and if they do good you cheer. You stay loud all game and yeah that's what you do. The hell if I'm paying $75+ for a ticket and not being able to boo. I think that there are 2-3 times every year that I could see myself throwing something if I went to the game. As far as Eagles fans go, I gotta love em.
    Wait, if there's cat food in this bag............................
    I HAVE TO CHECK ON JOLLY!!!!

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

Go ahead and boo if you like.
    I've done it myself.
    I agree with Darkflood, we've paid for that right and if our favorite team performs badly, we should feel free to show our disapproval.
    Just do it at home games only.
    I wouldn't even think of booing my team in the enemy's home.

Never give their fans the satisfaction.

SKOL!

I disagree. I've booed Troy in the 1st game and yelled at his ass that he isn't getting paid to drop it. I love being the away teams fan. When the Vikes defense is trying to stop a 3rd/4th & goal and you are sitting down near there the stadium is quiet and you can definitely bet that the home team can hear you because everyone wants them to be quiet.
    Wait, if there's cat food in this bag............................
    I HAVE TO CHECK ON JOLLY!!!!

darkflood is offline Starter

"FreakinVikingsBaby" wrote:
    I say hell yeah you can boo them. If they are aren't playing up to potential you boo and if they do good you cheer. You stay loud all game and yeah that's what you do. The hell if I'm paying $75+ for a ticket and not being able to boo. I think that there are 2-3 times every year that I could see myself throwing something if I went to the game. As far as Eagles fans go, I gotta love em.
    So you think it's okay to throw things on the field, throw things at and spill things on the other teams players, coaches, and fans? How old are you? We all get excited about the Vikings, but this is JUST A GAME! I personally don't want to be at all compared to the asshole fans in Philly or Oakland. If you can't go see a game and enjoy yourself for fear of retribution, what's the point?
    WELL, I LL ASK HIM, BUT I DON T THINK HE WILL BE VERY KEEN. UH, HE S ALREADY GOT ONE, YOU SEE.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast