Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Re: What are you willing to trade to get Andrew Luck?

That tackle by Luck was completely B.A.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1084030
    That tackle by Luck was completely B.A.
    +1, very sick hit
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1084026
    Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1084022
    Luck would be equal to that task if he had to do it.

That's a good reason to like him.

Too many wussy-assed QBs out there now.
    What the hell are you talking about??? First, if they don't slide, then they are concussion prone and you don't want them. Then if they run and risk their bodies at all, you think their career will end. Now apparently you're saying that if they aren't out there layin hits on people they are pussies?
    Not "apparently," obviously.....I'm saying it.

Why does it seem so difficult for you to comprehend that it's good for a QB to show some toughness and courage?

I didn't say do something stupid, just do what needs to be done and do it well.

One thing about Favre, he was always willing and able to throw a block when needed to protect a teammate.

That's the character you need in a QB.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Too much of a reach and we have already been down the road of mortgaging everything to get a key player (Herschel Walker), and that one wasn't very successful for OUR team. I think the Cowgirls liked it though......

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Yes, we have far too many pressing needs to give much for any one player.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Shinomori is offline Waterboy

[quote="Flidais" #1083954]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1083895

Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1083917
    Quote Originally Posted by "Shinomori" #1083792
    I do believe I'm basing the value of Luck off his potential. Let me ask this question, hypothetically speaking, what would you trade for Tom Brady?
    Don't listen to these guys. You see they have become poisoned. They don't understand that 1 more td or 1 less pick 6 by farve in several games and we are in the playoffs. They have yet to understand that our Oline is not that bad. The some how expect a perfect pocket on every play. Gigantic holes on every run. Our team is a good team. Our issues are at QB. Our defense has kept us in almost every game this season, minus 1 or 2 blow outs. People on here expect to be #1 at every position but fail to realize that no team in the league has it all. They haven't seem to realize that when Manning leaves a game, his oline looks like shit. Improved Qb play improves the Oline playing level because teams are less likely to blitz you and when they do, you maake them pay. Farve's drop off in play this season is related to his age. He has made terrible throws with a perfect pocket. Tj, don't make me laugh.

To answer your question, i would trade our 1st and 2nd, and next years 3rd. Basically giving up a 2nd and 3rd for a Qb that will be on your roster for the next 12 years. I'm a big believer that teams with Qb problems are also some of the worst teams in the league.
    I'm inclined to agree with kevoncox. We've got serious holes to fill, and, the football gods know I hate QBs, but this is a quarterback driven league and I'm tired of patch-working. This year's 1 and 2 and next year's 3 for what is looking like a franchise quarterback who already has experience with one of our running backs is worth the trade-off, in my mind.

Ah, I've been on the Raiders, Broncos, and the Bengals message boards, and these two are the best responses I've received. I like that offer, but what about this counter offer. Your 1st this year and 1st next year for Luck?
    None

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345