Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Re: What are you willing to trade to get Andrew Luck?

Quote Originally Posted by "Shinomori" #1083780
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1083777
    Quote Originally Posted by "Shinomori" #1083775
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1083765
    Never.

We've got much more pressing needs than JUST QB.

But the Vikings needs shouldn't be that pressing. A year ago your defense was top notch, and even if you needed more guys, a good free agent period should do it. Andrew Luck is the best QB coming out, even as good as Elway when he came out, if not better.

And yes, there are good QBs coming out (if most of them decide to come out). That is why if we trade the best QB and get picks, we can get more players in along with a probowl caliber QB.
    But they are.

After htis season, Rice, Greenway, Leber, Edwardsamong others will be Free Agents. Some will be back, but I have a feeling one or two key parts will be missing.

Pat Williams is old, and IF he gets re-signed, he's not as good as he was. We still don't know what we have at LDE, since Ray Edwards is gone.
    Our safeties are stil god-awful, and our corners are hurt. Griffin is probably done for, dual ACL tears? Yeah, right.

Now Offense, our OL is in shambles, we have no quarterback, and if Rice leaves, that gives us Harvin and Berrian. WHEEEEEE!!!

so no, I'd say trading up to #1 overall and giving away two firsts, a second and third(which we don't have) for a shot at a QB who will get David Carr'd next year is not on the top of our list of priorities.

Man, I didn't know it was that rough. Well, I wish your team success next year. I'm trying to find the team who want Luck so bad, they are willing to give us a great deal, if not, the Panthers will do good to draft Luck.
    Are you Jerry Richardson or something? Lol, it just makes me laugh that you're talking like it makes a difference what we say. But I wouldn't give up what you suggested.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I would trade Tarvaris jackson, Randy Moss and Brad Childress for him and probably throw in Tahi if I had to sweeten the pot.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1083789
    Of course a panthers fan would want that deal.

Our top 3 picks this season(even though we don't have a third) and our first next year to move up 10 or so spots is insane.
    You really think the Vikings are going to draft 11th???

5-11 gets you #6.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Quote Originally Posted by "Shinomori" #1083759
    Hey, I'm a Panther's fan. Alot of my folk can't wait until next year to draft Andrew Luck. He is truly an exceptional QB coming out of college, and I, like them, would love to have him. Yet I'm wondering, what would teams trade up to get this guy? Many scouts and analysts say this guy is the best QB prospect since John Elway and Peyton Manning. So I came here to ask what are you guys willing to give up to take our spot at number one overall? Keep in mind next year's draft may have the rookie cap.
    You can have Marrdro, Marstc09 and Infidel for your team message boards.

=Z=

If you're the Panther's GM you should probably contact Mr. Wilf directly. I don't think he posts here.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "DiehardVikesFan" #1083900
    If you're the Panther's GM you should probably contact Mr. Wilf directly. I don't think he posts here.
    Yes I do.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1083901
    Quote Originally Posted by "DiehardVikesFan" #1083900
    Yes I do.
    I've met you. You're too short and not nearly Jewish enough to be Zygi Wilf.

=Z=

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1083896
    Quote Originally Posted by "Shinomori" #1083759
    Hey, I'm a Panther's fan. Alot of my folk can't wait until next year to draft Andrew Luck. He is truly an exceptional QB coming out of college, and I, like them, would love to have him. Yet I'm wondering, what would teams trade up to get this guy? Many scouts and analysts say this guy is the best QB prospect since John Elway and Peyton Manning. So I came here to ask what are you guys willing to give up to take our spot at number one overall? Keep in mind next year's draft may have the rookie cap.
    You can have Marrdro, Marstc09 and Infidel for your team message boards.

=Z=
    Hahahaha. I usually don't get along with you, but that post made me laugh out loud. hahaha
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

TrojanVike28 is offline Starter

How about we just stay where we are, and get Ryan Mallett??? I like that scenario. We have needs at other positions, and we can't give up anymore future picks. I find it funny how the Panthers are already giving up on Jimmy Clausen after his rookie year. So much for him being your tuture??? Lol...

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Shinomori" #1083792
    I do believe I'm basing the value of Luck off his potential. Let me ask this question, hypothetically speaking, what would you trade for Tom Brady?
    Don't listen to these guys. You see they have become poisoned. They don't understand that 1 more td or 1 less pick 6 by farve in several games and we are in the playoffs. They have yet to understand that our Oline is not that bad. The some how expect a perfect pocket on every play. Gigantic holes on every run. Our team is a good team. Our issues are at QB. Our defense has kept us in almost every game this season, minus 1 or 2 blow outs. People on here expect to be #1 at every position but fail to realize that no team in the league has it all. They haven't seem to realize that when Manning leaves a game, his oline looks like shit. Improved Qb play improves the Oline playing level because teams are less likely to blitz you and when they do, you maake them pay. Farve's drop off in play this season is related to his age. He has made terrible throws with a perfect pocket. Tj, don't make me laugh.

To answer your question, i would trade our 1st and 2nd, and next years 3rd. Basically giving up a 2nd and 3rd for a Qb that will be on your roster for the next 12 years. I'm a big believer that teams with Qb problems are also some of the worst teams in the league.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast