Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Shinomori is offline Waterboy

Re: What are you willing to trade to get Andrew Luck?

Quote Originally Posted by "ndnorseman" #1083779
    Quote Originally Posted by "Shinomori" #1083759
    Hey, I'm a Panther's fan. Alot of my folk can't wait until next year to draft Andrew Luck. He is truly an exceptional QB coming out of college, and I, like them, would love to have him. Yet I'm wondering, what would teams trade up to get this guy? Many scouts and analysts say this guy is the best QB prospect since John Elway and Peyton Manning. So I came here to ask what are you guys willing to give up to take our spot at number one overall? Keep in mind next year's draft may have the rookie cap.

My deal

Vikings get:

Andrew Luck with first overall pick

Panthers get:

Your 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 1st next year

Here's a counteroffer:

We get: your 2011 #1 pick

You get: Bernard Berrian, Madieu Williams, Naufahu Tahi, Lito Sheppard, half our current starting O-line, and our 2011 #1 and #7

Hahaha, I'm not sure we could afford all those guys. I think the best deal would be one involving a 1st this year and a 1st next year. That gives us a way to trade back up into the 1st round of this year and have two picks. One for a QB and one for a defensive player.
    None

ndnorseman is offline Pro-Bowler

[quote="Shinomori" #1083784]
    Quote Originally Posted by "ndnorseman" #1083779
    Quote Originally Posted by "Shinomori" #1083759
    Here's a counteroffer:

We get: your 2011 #1 pick

You get: Bernard Berrian, Madieu Williams, Naufahu Tahi, Lito Sheppard, half our current starting O-line, and our 2011 #1 and #7

Hahaha, I'm not sure we could afford all those guys. I think the best deal would be one involving a 1st this year and a 1st next year. That gives us a way to trade back up into the 1st round of this year and have two picks. One for a QB and one for a defensive player.
    The way they've ALL played this year, they should be happy with League minimum.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Of course a panthers fan would want that deal.

Our top 3 picks this season(even though we don't have a third) and our first next year to move up 10 or so spots is insane.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1083789
    Of course a panthers fan would want that deal.

Our top 3 picks this season(even though we don't have a third) and our first next year to move up 10 or so spots is insane.
    indeed and if they wait til the following year they can pick up the top ranked OL with the overall #1 that they'll have for 2012 :P
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

I do believe I'm basing the value of Luck off his potential. Let me ask this question, hypothetically speaking, what would you trade for Tom Brady?
    None

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Shinomori" #1083792
    I do believe I'm basing the value of Luck off his potential. Let me ask this question, hypothetically speaking, what would you trade for Tom Brady?
    Second.

Thing is, if we trade for Brady, he won't make our team a winner. We have no offensive line to speak of. He'll get killed just like Favre did.

And the trouble with grading on potential, most of the time you're wrong.

If you expect Luck to be as good as Brady or Manning, statistics show you are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1083794
    Second.

Thing is, if we trade for Brady, he won't make our team a winner. We have no offensive line to speak of. He'll get killed just like Favre did.

If you expect Luck to be as good as Brady or Manning, statistics show you are wrong.

There is a risk he won't be great, but I'd hate to see him have a hall of fame career and we would have only traded him for basically a 1st round pick. I think there is more of a chance of him having great career than not, and with the rookie cap, teams will be alot more willing to make a good trade for him.
    None

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Shinomori" #1083798
    Second.

There is a risk he won't be great, but I'd hate to see him have a hall of fame career and we would have only traded him for basically a 1st round pick. I think there is more of a chance of him having great career than not, and with the rookie cap, teams will be alot more willing to make a good trade for him.
    You're assuming there is a cap, when so far, and all indications point towards the fact there won't be by draft time.

They're not making much progress on a new CBA, and it would have to be in place by draft time. There might not even be a draft.

The same could be said about anyone. I've got a real good feeling about our 4th round pick, we'll trade it to you for your first, and promise not to take him!

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1083800
    Quote Originally Posted by "Shinomori" #1083798
    Second.

You're assuming there is a cap, when so far, and all indications point towards the fact there won't be by draft time.

They're not making much progress on a new CBA, and it would have to be in place by draft time. There might not even be a draft.

The same could be said about anyone. I've got a real good feeling about our 4th round pick, we'll trade it to you for your first, and promise not to take him!

Then all bets are off if there is no rookie cap. I doubt anyone will trade up to make Andrew Luck a record deal for a rookie, except for the one who already have that pick. I think the draft would still happen, even if there is no season next year.
    None

dfosterf is offline Coach

You should have seen what the scouts and prognosticators wrote about Jamarcus Russell...man, he was going to be the best thing since, yada yada yada

I feel sorry for the Panthers, they are going to be stuck with luck, lol

Stats-wise, I'm darn near as likely to be right as those lusting for the kid. B)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast