Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Shinomori is offline Waterboy

What are you willing to trade to get Andrew Luck?

Hey, I'm a Panther's fan. Alot of my folk can't wait until next year to draft Andrew Luck. He is truly an exceptional QB coming out of college, and I, like them, would love to have him. Yet I'm wondering, what would teams trade up to get this guy? Many scouts and analysts say this guy is the best QB prospect since John Elway and Peyton Manning. So I came here to ask what are you guys willing to give up to take our spot at number one overall? Keep in mind next year's draft may have the rookie cap.

My deal

Vikings get:

Andrew Luck with first overall pick

Panthers get:

Your 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 1st next year
    None

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: What are you willing to trade to get Andrew Luck?

Never.

We've got much more pressing needs than JUST QB. there are other QB's that we can get for far less.

I'd trade a first and second at most. that's assuming we're picking around 10-15, and Luck drops out of the top 3.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "Shinomori" #1083759
    Hey, I'm a Panther's fan. Alot of my folk can't wait until next year to draft Andrew Luck. He is truly an exceptional QB coming out of college, and I, like them, would love to have him. Yet I'm wondering, what would teams trade up to get this guy? Many scouts and analysts say this guy is the best QB prospect since John Elway and Peyton Manning. So I came here to ask what are you guys willing to give up to take our spot at number one overall? Keep in mind next year's draft may have the rookie cap.

My deal

Vikings get:

Panthers get:

I wouldn't take that deal, doubt many would. We already forfeited our 3rd for the great Randy Moss blunder. I think you should just take Luck, you need him as bad as we do.

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

Take Peterson.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1083765
    Never.

We've got much more pressing needs than JUST QB.

But the Vikings needs shouldn't be that pressing. A year ago your defense was top notch, and even if you needed more guys, a good free agent period should do it. Andrew Luck is the best QB coming out, even as good as Elway when he came out, if not better.

And yes, there are good QBs coming out (if most of them decide to come out). That is why if we trade the best QB and get picks, we can get more players in along with a probowl caliber QB.
    None

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Shinomori" #1083775
    Never.

But the Vikings needs shouldn't be that pressing. A year ago your defense was top notch, and even if you needed more guys, a good free agent period should do it. Andrew Luck is the best QB coming out, even as good as Elway when he came out, if not better.

And yes, there are good QBs coming out (if most of them decide to come out). That is why if we trade the best QB and get picks, we can get more players in along with a probowl caliber QB.
    But they are.

After htis season, Rice, Greenway, Leber, Edwardsamong others will be Free Agents. Some will be back, but I have a feeling one or two key parts will be missing.

Pat Williams is old, and IF he gets re-signed, he's not as good as he was. We still don't know what we have at LDE, since Ray Edwards is gone.
    Our safeties are stil god-awful, and our corners are hurt. Griffin is probably done for, dual ACL tears? Yeah, right.

Now Offense, our OL is in shambles, we have no quarterback, and if Rice leaves, that gives us Harvin and Berrian. WHEEEEEE!!!

so no, I'd say trading up to #1 overall and giving away two firsts, a second and third(which we don't have) for a shot at a QB who will get David Carr'd next year is not on the top of our list of priorities.

ndnorseman is offline Pro-Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by "Shinomori" #1083759

My deal

Vikings get:

Panthers get:

Here's a counteroffer:

We get: your 2011 #1 pick

You get: Bernard Berrian, Madieu Williams, Naufahu Tahi, Lito Sheppard, half our current starting O-line, and our 2011 #1 and #7

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1083777
    Never.

But they are.

After htis season, Rice, Greenway, Leber, Edwardsamong others will be Free Agents. Some will be back, but I have a feeling one or two key parts will be missing.

Pat Williams is old, and IF he gets re-signed, he's not as good as he was. We still don't know what we have at LDE, since Ray Edwards is gone.
    Our safeties are stil god-awful, and our corners are hurt. Griffin is probably done for, dual ACL tears? Yeah, right.

Now Offense, our OL is in shambles, we have no quarterback, and if Rice leaves, that gives us Harvin and Berrian. WHEEEEEE!!!

so no, I'd say trading up to #1 overall and giving away two firsts, a second and third(which we don't have) for a shot at a QB who will get David Carr'd next year is not on the top of our list of priorities.

Man, I didn't know it was that rough. Well, I wish your team success next year. I'm trying to find the team who want Luck so bad, they are willing to give us a great deal, if not, the Panthers will do good to draft Luck.
    None

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

How about Bernard Berrian?

We might be willing to deal on him.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Never.

A year is along time in football and yes we have more needs than just QB. Our OL needs rebuilding and giving up multiple top picks for a QB is stupid when no-one is there to protect him.

We'll let you take Luck and maybe he can help fill all those empty seats I saw in your stadium Sunday.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast