Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

What are you waiting for more?

So which one are you waiting for the most? Me I am going to say both.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Re: What are you waiting for more?

The Favre "drama" is great for the Vikings.
    If it continues to escalate (which it will), it will disrupt the Packers, and that's never a BAD thing for Viking fans.

Furthermore, if the PAcker management continues with their ham-handed attempts to tarnish Favre in the media, it will more than likely blow up in their face.

Ted Thompson has drawn a lot of criticism from local fans and press for failing to acquire potential players in the past.
    Since he's become GM, the Packers have signed NO big money, high impact FA's and have, in fact, lost a few high impact players to other teams through free agency (Rivera and Wahl are two big examples).
    They won last season - thanks in part to a soft schedule - but Packer fans see Thompson much like some of us view Chiller...a bad season away from his walking papers.

So by trying to push out a Packer icon, the guy who rescued the franchise from being the laughingstock of the NFL, Thompson appears to be a conniving prick.
    Despite the Packers assertion that Favre is the one who is creating the "drama", it is - in truth - the Packers who are doing so.
    They wanted him gone, he left, then he realized that he had more in the tank and wanted to take another shot.

Favre summed it up nicely when he said that the Packers made it clear that they no longer wanted him (Which I was pointing out last season), but they also stated that they couldn't see him playing anywhere else.

As this comes to a point of confrontation, the media is circling like sharks.
    And, despite claims by Packer staff and management, this WILL be a distraction.

This is further highlighted by the fact that the day after Favre's interview comes out (where he claims he hasn't talked to any teams), the Packer accuse the Vikings of tampering.
    Again, they're trying to deflect fan reprisals.

So, do I want this to end?
    Not really.
    Not unless the end is Favre is released and we sign him.
    Otherwise, I'm perfectly content to watch the Packers be torn apart in the press.

Caine

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

As much as I want the Favre soap opera to end, it still doesn't compare to how much anticipation I have for this season.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

The only thing that really matters is our team right now and August 8th.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"Caine" wrote:
    The Favre "drama" is great for the Vikings.
    If it continues to escalate (which it will), it will disrupt the Packers, and that's never a BAD thing for Viking fans.

Furthermore, if the PAcker management continues with their ham-handed attempts to tarnish Favre in the media, it will more than likely blow up in their face.

Ted Thompson has drawn a lot of criticism from local fans and press for failing to acquire potential players in the past.
    Since he's become GM, the Packers have signed NO big money, high impact FA's and have, in fact, lost a few high impact players to other teams through free agency (Rivera and Wahl are two big examples).
    They won last season - thanks in part to a soft schedule - but Packer fans see Thompson much like some of us view Chiller...a bad season away from his walking papers.

So by trying to push out a Packer icon, the guy who rescued the franchise from being the laughingstock of the NFL, Thompson appears to be a conniving prick.
    Despite the Packers assertion that Favre is the one who is creating the "drama", it is - in truth - the Packers who are doing so.
    They wanted him gone, he left, then he realized that he had more in the tank and wanted to take another shot.

Favre summed it up nicely when he said that the Packers made it clear that they no longer wanted him (Which I was pointing out last season), but they also stated that they couldn't see him playing anywhere else.

As this comes to a point of confrontation, the media is circling like sharks.
    And, despite claims by Packer staff and management, this WILL be a distraction.

This is further highlighted by the fact that the day after Favre's interview comes out (where he claims he hasn't talked to any teams), the Packer accuse the Vikings of tampering.
    Again, they're trying to deflect fan reprisals.

So, do I want this to end?
    Not really.
    Not unless the end is Favre is released and we sign him.
    Otherwise, I'm perfectly content to watch the Packers be torn apart in the press.

Caine

Very good points, Caine...I too love the distractions and bad press caused by this Packer mess. ;D
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

The Favre drama is just background noise to me.
    It nice to see cheeseheads get all riled up, but not as much as I want the season to start.
    Its nice to have high expectations for a season, and its been a long time since I've had them for the Vikings.
    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.- John Adams

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

I'm waiting for Farve to die

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

The Favre drama isn't really bothering me...not nearly as much as it did after his retirement.
    I'm just enjoying seeing the Packer fans in a frenzy.

I also fantasize about Favre walking out of the tunnel in Monday night in Lamblow wearing purple...not necessarly because I want him on the team, but more so just because the look on their faces would be priceless.
    ;D

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I don't consider this a drama at all.
    I look at it like this,
    Favre wants to come back to the NFL and play some more ball.
    He comes across like he would like to play that ball for someone else besides the Fudge Packers.
    If there is any chance for the Vikings to pick him up and bring him here, I'm all for it.
    One would be crazy to not want one of the best QB's in NFL history to play for them.

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

"NordicNed" wrote:
    I don't consider this a drama at all.

I look at it like this,
    Favre wants to come back to the NFL and play some more ball.
    He comes across like he would like to play that ball for someone else besides the Fudge Packers.
    If there is any chance for the Vikings to pick him up and bring him here, I'm all for it.

One would be crazy to not want one of the best QB's in NFL history to play for them.
    wurd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast