Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Re: what is wrong with us fans?!?!

"Billy" wrote:
    I have given up.
    Vikes are 2-2 its pretty obvious we are out of the playoffs.
    sorry, all i can say to this is a simple "lol"

clearly a diehard football fan

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "Billy" wrote:
    I have given up.
    sorry, all i can say to this is a simple "lol"

clearly a diehard football fan
    i don't think fan would fit in that profile.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

davike is offline Team Alumni

first of all i didn't say that we couldn't critisize the vikings....i do that, but there was stuff going on that was going deeper then ctritisism, fargo, i did not think that you were the one to bash tomlin what you said i don't consider that a bash, that was good solid critisism that makes sense. but what i am saying is yeah we may have been a couple coaching decisions away from 4-0, but that is evidence of a rookie coaching staff, and we can't expect them to come out and make all the right decisions right now, if they had a couple years of
    experiece, well i think we probably would be 4-0 right now, and im not saying its all the coaching staffs fault either. i am not getting after you ppl that are critisizing, i am getting after the ppl that are bashing and im not talking about fans just on here. the guy that said that we should get rid of tomlin wasn't a member or a guest on this site. bashing in my opinion is not critisism. bashing is worthless. critisism is helpful and i the bashers are the ppl we are calling bandwagoners, ppl are right our offense is not what it should be, im not running away from mistakes or problems and convincing myself everything is fine. but bashing is not the way. so fargo i agree with you that fans should critisize.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

davike is offline Team Alumni

"Billy" wrote:
    I have given up.
    s

there is still 12 games left for us to win....so to count anybody out of the playoffs except like the packers, raiders, ect....is nonsense

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

Del Rio Guest

The truth of the matter is this: There are about 3 people on this site that make unsupported off the wall comments about our coaching staff and about our players. Either they are sincerely mentally retarded, or they hate the staff for some reason that they look for every opportunity to slander the team.

Then there are thousands of people who have no problem in trying to analyze the production and brain storm solutions and causes for the problems. Mostly for fun or stress relief.

When you are coming off a loss, and you see these numbnutish threads started by the same three people over and over, then it weighs on you. Then you read one of the thousand posts by people who are really just trying to figure out what is wrong it all adds up and appears there are a large number of people who are freaking out.

This happens every year on here. My best advice is locate the few that are not worth listening to and burn the screen name into your brain and just forget about it. I would be willing to bet that the majority of our posters here would not agree with the views of flaming tomlin, childress, etc.

marantzo is offline Rookie

There are things that deserve to be criticized about the play of the Vikings this year, but as has been said many times on these forums, it's a new team with a new scheme with a new coaching staff, so these criticisms should only be constructive criticism rather than dismissive ones. Except for one thing that I can think of that deserves a serious amount of criticism and can't be blamed on newness. Every pro football player should be very conscious about not screwing up before the ball is snapped, in crucial situations. This is entirely unacceptible. When you are in a 2 point situation, you don't move before the ball is snapped. Period. When the opposing team is running a 3rd and short or a 4th and short, you don't get drawn offside. Period. You keep your head in the game and tell yourself that this is a crucial play
    and this is one thing that I cannot do! Missed catches, missed tackles, badly thrown passes, missed blocks etc. these are things that happen during the heat of a game and with hope will lessen as the team gels, but a purely mental mistake before the action even takes place, during a make or break situation, is not a physical mistake, it is a mental one that there is no excuse for.

On another more optimistic note, The Seahawks seem to be a very good team. Granted their star receiver was out and they were away from home, but all that aside, the Bears utterly destroyed them. It was no contest. Seattle looked like an 0-3 club not a 3-0 club against the Bears. Granted that we were at home, but how did we look against the Bears? What Chicago did to Seattle made
    our painful loss two weeks ago even more painful, but it also made me think just how good we can be.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"marantzo" wrote:
    There are things that deserve to be criticized about the play of the Vikings this year, but as has been said many times on these forums, it's a new team with a new scheme with a new coaching staff, so these criticisms should only be constructive criticism rather than dismissive ones. Except for one thing that I can think of that deserves a serious amount of criticism and can't be blamed on newness. Every pro football player should be very conscious about not screwing up before the ball is snapped, in crucial situations. This is entirely unacceptible. When you are in a 2 point situation, you don't move before the ball is snapped. Period. When the opposing team is running a 3rd and short or a 4th and short, you don't get drawn offside. Period. You keep your head in the game and tell yourself that this is a crucial play
    and this is one thing that I cannot do! Missed catches, missed tackles, badly thrown passes, missed blocks etc. these are things that happen during the heat of a game and with hope will lessen as the team gels, but a purely mental mistake before the action even takes place, during a make or break situation, is not a physical mistake, it is a mental one that there is no excuse for.

On another more optimistic note, The Seahawks seem to be a very good team. Granted their star receiver was out and they were away from home, but all that aside, the Bears utterly destroyed them. It was no contest. Seattle looked like an 0-3 club not a 3-0 club against the Bears. Granted that we were at home, but how did we look against the Bears? What Chicago did to Seattle made
    our painful loss two weeks ago even more painful, but it also made me think just how good we can be.
    Don't read too much into the Bears last victory...Washington got totally destroyed by Dallass in Week 2..without their star running back playing...yet once he got back they won their next two games, including one against a VERY GOOD Jacksonville team.
    One player CAN make a difference...just ask all those posters here who are still clamoring for us to get Randy Moss back!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Of course that should have been star running back, not receiver.

The Bears scored 37 points. Seattle scored 6. I'm sorry but I can't believe that one player can make that much of a difference.

Del Rio Guest

It's not one player it is their running game.

It makes a huge difference.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast