Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Re: what is wrong with us fans?!?!

Its like communal healing thing, especially the hard losses that are close or the teams we shot ourselves in the foot over.

Sure we hung in with the Bears, well we were leading, that loss stung

The Bills loss was just ugly, we just out uglied the Bills

If we didn't rant and get it out in a healthy forum and show our overwelming knowledge of next to nothing we could end up at the top of a tower looking at people through a scope

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Well, thats Viking fans for ya.

But, we always rebound quickly and have a ton of fight in us for the next game!

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Well, thats Viking fans for ya.

But, we always rebound quickly and have a ton of fight in us for the next game!
    If we don't have fight for the Lions, that's when you start worrying.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"davike" wrote:
    so many people on here are so negative after the loss, we are 2-2, most people thought we would be 1-3 or worse. before the season started we were all thinking that this would be a breakin or learning season, now after winning a couple of times and losing a couple of times. people are saying that we should get rid of players, saying that childress was a mistake and i even heard someone bashing tomlin. come on!!! we are better fans than this, before we decided that this season we would be happy with a 8-8 or 9-7 season. now im hearing or reading stuff like we should get rid of childress already and stuff if we don't make it to the playoffs. we need to realize that for
    the most part we are a new team and it will take at least probably a year or more for us to come to full potential. and also it is early in the season, there is still alot of games left to play for us we can still make the playoffs and all that would be is a big bonus...whoever heard of a first year rookie coach making it to the playoffs we need to stop being so negative and look on the bright side!!!! we are doing better still then most everybody expected. hopefully we will go into the bye at 3-2, now lets all try to stop bashing our players and coaches and focus on important things like bashing the packers or bears!!!!
    so many people on here are so negative after the loss, we are 2-2, most people thought we would be 1-3 or worse

Been a fan since 1977, only missed watching 2 games during that time span, that's 29 years ... I can be as critical as I want.

Also, have seen too many good opportunities slip away and games like this ALWAYS come back to bite us in the a$$ at the end of the season when attempting to get into the playoffs.

people are saying that we should get rid of players

I will take the blame for starting the "Get Rid of Smoot" campaign.
    I said it when we played the Panthers this year.
    Oh by the way, we won that game and I still said it.
    He is a liability on the field.
    I was at the Bears game and watched him a majority of the time and told Webby, WBL, and Neum then he had to go.
    This week against the Bills, just confirming what I believed.

saying that childress was a mistake and i even heard someone bashing tomlin.

Too early to say Childress as a H.C. was a mistake, but his "O" play calling DEFINATELY has to be questioned.
    It's the NFL and we all know what that means .. Not For Long if you can't adjust your play calling and "O" formations to get favorable match up's for offensive productivity.

we are doing better still then most everybody expected. hopefully we will go into the bye at 3-2

With the talent this team has across the board, we do have a few holes here and there, there is no reason why we should not have been 5-0 going into the bye week.
    As stated, I was at the Bear game and we were neck and neck with the Bears the entire game.
    Their "O" lineman stated in an article that our "D" dominated them the entire game.

So instead, we give that game away ... which in essence equalled 2 games to make up inside the division and then don't put out the effort yesterday.
    I can handle loosing, lack of effort against a team we should beat, pi$$es me off !!!

Again, this site is designed for all opinions.
    I don't think 98% of this board has given up on the season, but a large portion of this sites members have alot of time and energy invested in this team ... We have earned the right to be critical.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"mnjamie" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    so many people on here are so negative after the loss, we are 2-2, most people thought we would be 1-3 or worse. before the season started we were all thinking that this would be a breakin or learning season, now after winning a couple of times and losing a couple of times. people are saying that we should get rid of players, saying that childress was a mistake and i even heard someone bashing tomlin. come on!!! we are better fans than this, before we decided that this season we would be happy with a 8-8 or 9-7 season. now im hearing or reading stuff like we should get rid of childress already and stuff if we don't make it to the playoffs. we need to realize that for
    the most part we are a new team and it will take at least probably a year or more for us to come to full potential. and also it is early in the season, there is still alot of games left to play for us we can still make the playoffs and all that would be is a big bonus...whoever heard of a first year rookie coach making it to the playoffs we need to stop being so negative and look on the bright side!!!! we are doing better still then most everybody expected. hopefully we will go into the bye at 3-2, now lets all try to stop bashing our players and coaches and focus on important things like bashing the packers or bears!!!!
    so many people on here are so negative after the loss, we are 2-2, most people thought we would be 1-3 or worse

Been a fan since 1977, only missed watching 2 games during that time span, that's 29 years ... I can be as critical as I want.

Also, have seen too many good opportunities slip away and games like this ALWAYS come back to bite us in the a$$ at the end of the season when attempting to get into the playoffs.

people are saying that we should get rid of players

I will take the blame for starting the "Get Rid of Smoot" campaign.
    I said it when we played the Panthers this year.
    Oh by the way, we won that game and I still said it.
    He is a liability on the field.
    I was at the Bears game and watched him a majority of the time and told Webby, WBL, and Neum then he had to go.
    This week against the Bills, just confirming what I believed.

saying that childress was a mistake and i even heard someone bashing tomlin.

Too early to say Childress as a H.C. was a mistake, but his "O" play calling DEFINATELY has to be questioned.
    It's the NFL and we all know what that means .. Not For Long if you can't adjust your play calling and "O" formations to get favorable match up's for offensive productivity.

we are doing better still then most everybody expected. hopefully we will go into the bye at 3-2

With the talent this team has across the board, we do have a few holes here and there, there is no reason why we should not have been 5-0 going into the bye week.
    As stated, I was at the Bear game and we were neck and neck with the Bears the entire game.
    Their "O" lineman stated in an article that our "D" dominated them the entire game.

So instead, we give that game away ... which in essence equalled 2 games to make up inside the division and then don't put out the effort yesterday.
    I can handle loosing, lack of effort against a team we should beat, pi$$es me off !!!

Again, this site is designed for all opinions.
    I don't think 98% of this board has given up on the season, but a large portion of this sites members have alot of time and energy invested in this team ... We have earned the right to be critical.

Thank you mnjamie for expressing the way I feel better than I could. I have always enjoyed your posts here.

I'm the guy that " bashed Tomlin " evidently. Holy blasphemy Batman, we aren't fans if we criticize the team??

I merely said that when Fred Smoot gets beat pass after pass in the first half as well as the second half, Tomlin has to own a part of that.Where was the adjustment?
    Tomlin is great and we have the best defense we have had in years but you don't get a free ride because of it!
    Hell, people here crucified last years coaches for Smoot's performance against Carolina.

I love this team and have for a long time.

I was there for every single superbowl loss. I watched Sammy White drop a ball in the end zone against the Steelers that resulted in a 14 point swing and the superbowl win.

I was there when Hank Stram(spelling?) said , lets matriculate the ball down the field
    men, as they kicked the Vikings butts in 69.

I was there when Darren Nelson dropped a pass in the end zone against the Redskins in the early 80's that would have sent us to the superbowl against a weak Denver team that the Redskins kicked the crap out of.

And, I was there when Denny Green went conservative against Atlanta in the second half on offense and played prevent on defense, only to choke with the best Vikings team in history.

So you can be an apologist and make excuses as to why we didn't win and accept a mediocre result.

But people like me , and maybe mnjamie too , realize this is a potentially great team we love that could and maybe should have been 4-0.

If the team loses but I see improvement I don't have a problem.

But I don't see that pre-season or first game offense. I see regression!

We have lived through so much dissappointment over the years " We have earned the right to be critical"

So don't pat me on the hand and tell me everything is fine.

And the guy who thinks he's a hero for calling people who criticize bandwagoners is a zip!

“What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

this team is a couple coaching decisions away from 4-0 right now..we have every right to be angry..i agree with jargomcfargo on what he says about those critisizing us "bandwagoners"

apparently on this site when you get angry at your team not playing up to its expectations, ur a bandwagon fan..im sorry, but with the way we are playing offensively right now, things ARE NOT going to be alright

Mike Tice had a far less talented offense last season with BJ playing QB, and did a heck of a lot more with it..Childress has come in and completely thrown out the book on on-field discipline, and has come up with quite possibly the worst offensive scheme seen ina long time in this league..this team has the talent to WIN NOW, rather than sit back and fail because "well the coach is learning guys, give him a break"..this is the goddamn nfl, there is no learning curve for coaches without pissing off fans

we have every right as paying customers and loyal vikings fans to beeyatch and moan about whatever we please, so get over it!

this entire website wouldnt exist if we didnt talk about things or share ideas on this teams success/failures..starting a post like this on a football fan forum is absolutely rediculous because the thread lives and breathes on positive/NEGATIVE discussion about your team

in my opinion, those who just sit there and think "well everythings gonna be okay regardless of how bad we look" are the ones that arent so passionate, and are completely blind to the fact that this team needs to make MAJOR improvements! whatever they may be!
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

Heres how i c it.If BJ leads us to the playoffs this year we start him next year,If he doesnt and continues playing like he is now then we start t-jack

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

I have given up.
    Vikes are 2-2 its pretty obvious we are out of the playoffs.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Not a D-A-M-N thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

That was probably the worst played game other that I have seen in a
    long time.
    Other than the start of the game and the last few mins of the half and game the vikes were terrible.
    I think that we all deserve to be upset.

I would also say that after seeing the CHI and SEA game last night it only adds salt to the wounds.
    We played the Bears very well and SHOULD have beat them (mistakes/penaltie=loss).
    I think that it was a major let down and we ALL looked past the Bills.
    I know I did.
    When we came out and marched it right down the field I thought that it was going to be a walk in the park.......EHHHHH (WRONG ANSWER)!!

That is not to say that we should think it is self destruct time. This team needs to rally and play for the wild card.
    I think that we have a pretty good shot at it depending on how we rebound after that pharce of a game.
    I would expect to see them come out with a vengance on Sunday/Monday when we take on DET.

The other great thing to take from the loss is all the comments that the coaches and players are making about "manning up" and playing to thier full ability.
    I like it that they are looking themselves square in the mirror and saying I didnt get it done, and I let my teammates down.

Now, whose got the look a like thread for this week??? FIRE IT UP!! Lets move on.......

Skol!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast