Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    davike is offline Team Alumni

what is wrong with us fans?!?!

so many people on here are so negative after the loss, we are 2-2, most people thought we would be 1-3 or worse. before the season started we were all thinking that this would be a breakin or learning season, now after winning a couple of times and losing a couple of times. people are saying that we should get rid of players, saying that childress was a mistake and i even heard someone bashing tomlin. come on!!! we are better fans than this, before we decided that this season we would be happy with a 8-8 or 9-7 season. now im hearing or reading stuff like we should get rid of childress already and stuff if we don't make it to the playoffs. we need to realize that for
    the most part we are a new team and it will take at least probably a year or more for us to come to full potential. and also it is early in the season, there is still alot of games left to play for us we can still make the playoffs and all that would be is a big bonus...whoever heard of a first year rookie coach making it to the playoffs we need to stop being so negative and look on the bright side!!!! we are doing better still then most everybody expected. hopefully we will go into the bye at 3-2, now lets all try to stop bashing our players and coaches and focus on important things like bashing the packers or bears!!!!

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: what is wrong with us fans?!?!

It's not like we are giving up on the Vikes, davike!
    It is just that BOTH games that we lost were winnable...we have the talent to be undefeated but we are letting mistakes KILL us...THAT is why the fans here are pissed...not because we don't support the team...but because the team is letting us down with STUPID mistakes...mistakes that if eliminated would have us at 4-0!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Hey bud, break that up into two paragraphs next time...

I was pissed off mainly because we should be 4-0 right now instead of 2-2.. I did not before nor do I now think that Childress was a mistake.. I also don't think that Mike Tomlin is a mistake.. He has our defense playing better then it has in years..

I however wouldn't care if we got rid of Darrell Bevell.. He is the one making up teh offensive scheme each week with being the OC.. It is just Childress calling the plays.. Maybe we need to think of a different game plan, and that rests on the shoulders of Darrell Bevell..

Also, the only player that I suggested we part ways with is Fred Smoot.. He gets burned, is paid very well, and has piss poor tackling abilities.. We could easily start either Cedric Griffin, or Roynell Whitaker in his place and come out better.. Tahnks for the post, and you're feelings on that matter.. We are better fans then that, and I am sure some people are going overboard on the blame game.. Just wanted to clear my name..

Hoorah!!!!!

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

I was pissed off mainly because we should be 4-0 right now instead of 2-2.. I did not before nor do I now think that Childress was a mistake.. I also don't think that Mike Tomlin is a mistake.. He has our defense playing better then it has in years..

I however wouldn't care if we got rid of Darrell Bevell.. He is the one making up teh offensive scheme each week with being the OC.. It is just Childress calling the plays.. Maybe we need to think of a different game plan, and that rests on the shoulders of Darrell Bevell..

Also, the only player that I suggested we part ways with is Fred Smoot.. He gets burned, is paid very well, and has piss poor tackling abilities.. We could easily start either Cedric Griffin, or Roynell Whitaker in his place and come out better.. Tahnks for the post, and you're feelings on that matter.. We are better fans then that, and I am sure some people are going overboard on the blame game.. Just wanted to clear my name..

Hoorah!!!!!
    I agree 100% with everything you just said. I do agree with da though. What is up with these new whiney, bandwagoners on here? In the live chat some people said I was the only one in there with balls for calling these idiots out. It shouldn't be that way in vikes land! Everyone is so quick to throw this team away and call it a season. It's not over yet... We have 12 weeks to go. Who knows, we could be 14-2..

"cajunvike" wrote:
    It is just that BOTH games that we lost were winnable...we have the talent to be undefeated but we are letting mistakes KILL us...THAT is why the fans here are pissed...not because we don't support the team...but because the team is letting us down with STUPID mistakes...mistakes that if eliminated would have us at 4-0!
    thats true. we deff need to cut back the mistakes and we deff have the talent but alot of those mistakes are because all our players aren't on the same page, and the play calling is just some rookie mistakes. at least half of our mistakes have been made because we are a "new" team that hasn't quite got it all together yet, and considering that i have been impressed that we have done this well, and i agree that the 2 losses were winnable games, i picked the vikes to win both of those. and alot of fans don't seem to get that through their heads that we are a new team that is going to make rookie mistakes.

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:

Hoorah!!!!!
    I agree 100% with everything you just said. I do agree with da though. What is up with these new whiney, bandwagoners on here? In the live chat some people said I was the only one in there with balls for calling these idiots out. It shouldn't be that way in vikes land! Everyone is so quick to throw this team away and call it a season. It's not over yet... We have 12 weeks to go. Who knows, we could be 14-2..
    im liking the positive stuff!!! i am perty new on here though, so sorry if i have been whiney :-\ Hey i just noticed i am a rookie now!! yay!!!

Prophet Guest

Criticism and praise for the team are the only reasons the site exists.
    The unsupported and idiotic statement are easily explained by answering your question:
    we are Challenged Hillbilly Lover'd.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"davike" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    thats true. we deff need to cut back the mistakes and we deff have the talent but alot of those mistakes are because all our players aren't on the same page, and the play calling is just some rookie mistakes. at least half of our mistakes have been made because we are a "new" team that hasn't quite got it all together yet, and considering that i have been impressed that we have done this well, and i agree that the 2 losses were winnable games, i picked the vikes to win both of those. and alot of fans don't seem to get that through their heads that we are a new team that is going to make rookie mistakes.
    Fred Smoot should know how to tackle.
    Bryant McKinnie should know how to run-block.
    Kenechi Udeze should know how not to jump offsides.
    Marcus Johnson should know how not to false start.
    Troy Williamson should know how to catch the ball.

Yes, Udeze, Johnson and Williamson are young players - but those are all basic skills which professional athletes should have before they reach this level.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

vike_mike is offline Pro-Bowler

I have asked this question before and I will say it again.
    Why did we go for the long pass against the Bears when all we had to do is get 7 yards?
    We went for it all when we didn't have to.
    All we had to do was get the first down.
    We had the Bears on the ropes ready for the knockout.
    We would have won easily.
    We cannot keep kicking field goals and expect to win.

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

"cajunvike" wrote:
    every single team in the league could make this same claim.
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast